1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

X-Men Evoltuion Season 2 linked with movie and X-Men the second movie

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Clifton1990, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Clifton1990

Clifton1990 Member

OOOHHH BOY!!!!!

I am ggggeeeetttttttttiiiinnnnggggg really excited!!! There have been more and more commercials for season. If There are any X-Men who enjoy linking things from the movie with the T.V. show like me here is something from season 2 that i saw saw in a commercial. The Announcer says "Not ALL the X-Men's rivals are mutant" then you see Senator Kelly's Face and an alarm going off at the institute! Then you hear Logan say "HE'S HERE!!!"
    And IF anyone want info on the X-Men second movie scroll down!

X-Men 2
    I was searching the web and I found a sight that told A LOT!!
    The Movie will be premeiring in December 2002! Beast and Nightcrawler will be in this movie with Collosous and Gambit but it should hopefully be enjoyable!!!! Every single Actor from the first movie will be back! But I did read that Beast will be portrayed as a chubby boy in the movie other than a retired football player!!! I hope this was interesting ENJOY :) :D :cool: ;) :rolleyes: :p

2. Kero

Kero From now on I use the bath

I thought X-men Evolution was based on the movie rather than the comic books.

Kero

3. Clifton1990

Clifton1990 Member

4. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

X-men 2 Clarifications

mind letting us know what site told you all of this? I went looking around some of the movie rumor sites that I know and trust (Coming Attractions @ Corona, Comics2Film, Upcoming Movies) and several things you said have been mentioned, but not confirmed. The Christmas 2002 release date is unconfirmed... Collosus, Gambit, Beast, and nightcrawler are unconfirmed... I've also heard rumors about Jubilee, myself...

The movie is currently schedule to start shooting in March. Nothing has really been mentioned as to what the plot of the movie will be. There's rumors about the Phoenix Saga... rumors about the Sentinels... rumors about a Wolverine Backstory (tho, I heard he's probably gonna get his own movie for that).

There's been rumors of the Beast character for months now (ever since before X-men)... the best way to go about this character would be CGI, since a character like Beast would need to be rather bulky and blue... CGI would probably be the best bet for Beast...

There's also rumors about Casting... for instance, apparently Shaq wants a role in the movie... I don't think I could see it if Shaq was in it... let's hope Bryan Singer feels the same way...

The only thing that is really known is that Bryan Singer did eventually sign on for the sequel, and everyone's contract calls for at least 1 sequel.

More rumors and speculation: There's speculation that they are waiting for March to start shooting because Fox wants to see how the Blade Sequel will do in theatres first. It's also rumored that Fox isn't gonna give the film the budget it deserves... If the movie is gonna begin shooting in March, and if they do a CGI Beast, along with countless other Special Effects... something tells me the movie may not be ready for Christmas, and it's possible that it will get held over for Summer 2003... (this last part is a pure guess on my part)

Moral of the story: Don't believe everything you read on the internet. One day you may meet Mark Hammil at a Con and when you ask him how his Cancer is doing, he'll give you funny looks... ;)

5. Kero

Kero From now on I use the bath

6. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

7. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

True, it does hark back to the original comics in some ways, though in the comics Prof X did all the teaching. Having the X-kids go to Xavier's school AND normal high school is just flat silly.

And don't forget that, in the comics, the characters ate things that were more substantial than rice cakes. :)

8. Clifton1990

Clifton1990 Member

Hello???

Does anyone even care about the similarities between the show and the movie
    here is one
    AT THE END OF THE MOVIE LOGAN GOES AWAY = AT THE BEGGINNING OF THE CARTOON SHOW LOGAN COMES HOME

9. Anthonynotes

Re: Hello???

Hatter: Re: "rice cakes": LOL... no kidding.

Re: going to two schools:UH, maybe Xavier's signed up his school as one of those "charter school" things, took the tax money, and then decided to spend it all on kewl games and upgrades and stuff for Cerebro, while sending our Kate Moss'-diet-consuming X-teens off to a regular high school to let *them* do all the teaching work (oh, and only feeding his "students" cheap-to-buy rice cakes and ramen noodles, to save even more of the bucks for Cerebro-stuff)? Erm, or not.... ;-)

Re: the movie-TV show connections: Well, we all enjoyed the movie, but it's just that some of us have read the original comics as well, and that's probably one of our primary comparison points (though I never did get into the X-comics at all...I'd have gone bankrupt trying to buy 'em all!).

-B.

10. TuffyCatt

TuffyCatt Half Kneazle

Re: Re: Hello???

I never read any of the X-Men Comics!! I got into X-Men when the show came out and then I bought the movie! The only X-Men Comic I have ever read is Ultimate X-Men issue 6 with Nightcrawler on the cover. I will be reading X-Men Comics but only when the X-Men Evolution comics come out. When was that again?? I will go look

Bye

11. Clifton1990

Clifton1990 Member

Re: Re: Re: Hello???

Sorry about that it is really me who wrote the thing above!!! I forgot to log out of my sister's name for all I knew I was still logged in but I didn't even think to look

Sorry

12. Anthonynotes

Re: Re: Re: Hello???

Beats me when the "Evolution" comic will be out, but I'm sure it'll be soon...

I never read more than a few of the X-comics either (just read *about* them)...though I'm more of a DC fan I suppose (Superman, Flash, etc.).

-B.
    Was wondering if kids even *read* comics anymore with how much they cost/the stories' content these days/other interests... :)

13. Vin

Vin DVDtoons.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello???

Cool! So you guys are siblings! I never knew. Pretty neat.

14. BourgeoisBuffoon

BourgeoisBuffoon Shouldn't I Be Melting Now...?

Ooh! Siblings! Welcome to the club...though my sib hasn't posted anything yet. Guess it's up to me to keep spreading my family's joy into this board....:rollseyes:
    Say, Tuffycat, are ya gonna beat him up for logging into your account? ;)

Hm, never knew X-Men Evolution was a 'universe' into its own. Interesting. And here's hoping the comics are good, Clifton1990. Batmand Beyond comics went for a good run, maybe this will too.

15. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Well....

...I'm an X-fan, though it's been a while since I've read an X-book. The local store that carries the good stuff shut down months ago, and I'm like a junkie whose dealer died, looking for a fix. I don't drive, but even if I did I wouldn't want to waste gas going up to Jonesboro every weekend just to read comics at Indian Mall (I read thenm off the rack rather than buy; I'm as broke as the 10 Commandments).
    Wolverine periodically leaves the mansion to clear his head, so it really didn't mean anything for him to be gone in the premiere. Except for the Prof and Storm, he's the only adult in the place, so no one bothers him about his frequent absences. To be honest, except maybe for the peachfuzz stubble rather than big masculine sideburns and the Texas accent (though I'm getting used to it), Logan's about the most well-handled character in Evolution.
    Season two seems to be where the mutants finally get the blazes out of that high school (which they should have done halfway through season one the moment they learned Mistique was principal and on Magneto's payroll) and get full-time home-schooling. So that may be the beginning of substantive character growth.
    Eric Magnus Lehsherr, however, is--next to Logan--the most interesting/complex character. Depending on whether you believe in early comic/cartoon continuity or the 200 movie continuity, he was(along with Charles) either a young man in his twenties and a medical officer during WWII or a boy in Hitler's concentration camps...which would put his age between late fifties and late seventies. Though in "The Cauldron" he looks barely forty. I'd say between his machine and his mutant genetics time's been rather kind to Magnus. Also, the series hasn't mentioned his wife Magda, their unceremonius split after she learned his secret, or his children Pierto (Quicksilver) and Scarlet Witch (who doesn't get much mention outside those milk ads on TV)....

16. TuffyCatt

TuffyCatt Half Kneazle

I haven't decided if I'll beat him up yet (by the way this is me talking now:p) but I did give him a long lecture about making sure that it was his name that had been cookied before he starts to wildly post all over the boards. I guess I'll have to forgive him, he just gets a little over enthusiastic sometimes...;)

Anyway to stay kinda on topic, I really don't see how the movie can be connected to the TV show at all. As Clifton said, it's kinda a universe of it's own that seems to be kinda a mix of all the different X-Men "universes". Of course I don't really know too much about X-Men beyond the movie, X-Men:Evolution, and the few older tv shows that I've seen...

17. Joe Tully

Joe Tully I want the toilet seat.

--Brainatra

The only original one you forgot was Angel. With the power to...fly! Uh...great. Not the greatest power, esp. considering nowadays flying comes with your basic "superpowers" package, along with super strength and heat vision.

18. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

You're right Tuffy... there isn't any connection between the movie and the (current) cartoon. The creators of the show said that they didn't pay much attention to the events in the movies... in fact, the biggest way in which the movie influenced the cartoon is that Xavier's wheelchair wheels look like circled Xes, if that tells you how little the two have in common.

19. Anthonynotes

Hey, don't knock flying! I mean, it's soooo cool, and, uh, um....well, I guess it beats being able to swim *really* fast and talk to fish powers-wise ;-)

Re: heat vision & flying as "standard superpowers": Well, Capt. Marvel (the "shazam!" guy) doesn't have heat vision....though a lot of heroes probably do (Superman, Supergirl, Power Girl, the Martian Manhunter [though he calls it "martian vision"], um, the Powerpuff Girls, er....running out of heroes here :) I'd say the basic superpowers "package" is flying, super-strength, superhuman speed (to some degree, even if not on "Flash" level), and some degree of invulnerability. Though I'm not sure if the PPGirls have all four of these powers...maybe Sharklady will correct me :)

Besides, didn't Angel (in the old X-men cartoon at least) get that stupid-looking upgrade to blue skin and become "Archangel" (still with flying, but now with stupid-looking spike-projectiles IIRC)?

More pointless trivia: The X-Men never sold as well as Marvel's other books during the "Silver Age", and the title got cancelled by the late sixties in favor of reprints...by the mid-70's, someone apparently decided to give the mutants a second chance, relaunching their series and introducing Storm, Wolverine (who'd made his debut a few years earlier in an "Incredible Hulk" comic), etc.

Re: Magneto in WWII: Maybe the movie showed him as a boy to keep him the same age as Prof. X in the movie? Or given the way comic book time works, they've moved the characters' pasts up to the point where Magneto was a kid (instead of an adult) during WWII by now? IIRC, they used to say that Reed Richards and Ben Grimm were soldiers in World War II, something that's clearly not possible anymore for the characters to stay as relatively young as they are (just as Superman couldn't have possibly performed a "mission for President Kennedy" these days (even if he had a Superboy career), since he wouldn't have been born until the Johnson or Nixon administration...).

-B.

20. Joe Tully

Joe Tully I want the toilet seat.

Yeah, Angel did get the upgrade to those spike-type wings and rename himself Archangel (not that he was happy about the whole thing), but when I last picked up an X-Men comic, he was back to the feathers and just "Angel".