1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Men" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Dec 9, 2002.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

With the new X-Men 1.5 DVD release on the way, there's no better time than now to look back at the original DVD release for X-Men! Discuss this hit DVD release!

[​IMG]

Synopsis: One of the most popular superhero teams in comic book history finally comes to the screen in this big-budget adaptation of the long-running Marvel Comics series. Psychic Professor Xavier (Patrick Stewart) leads a school of skilled mutants called X-Men, a peacekeeping force to safeguard the world against a race of genetically mutated humans known as Homo Sapiens Superior. However, Magneto (Ian McKellen), a mutant with a powerful magnetic charge, has also begun to organize a team to strike first against what he believes to be a threat from humanity. When he kidnaps Rogue (Anna Paquin) from the X-Men's compound, Xavier and his forces must rescue her, even as they continue to vie with Magneto for the fearsomely strong mutant battler Wolverine (Hugh Jackman). Both Xavier and Magneto also have to contend with Senator Kelly (Bruce Davison), a heartless political leader who wants a final solution against mutants on both sides. Fighting for the forces of virtue with the X-Men are Famke Janssen as Jean Grey, Halle Berry as Storm, and James Marsden as Cyclops; Rebecca Romjin-Stamos as Mystique, Ray Park as the Toad, and Tyler Mane as Sabretooth are the minions of Magneto.

Bonus Features:
    -Deleted Scenes
    -"Mutant Watch" 22-minute "behind-the-scenes" documentary
    -Hugh Jackman's audition
    -Bryan Singer's interview on the Charlie Rose Show
    -170 concept art stills, including shots of several characters not included in the film
    -Two "animatic" storyboard sequences, for the Statue of Liberty fight sequence and train station fight sequence
    -Two theatrical trailers
    -Three TV spots,
    -THX Optimode home theater audio optimizing system
    -Two Easter Eggs

Comments?

Related Threads:
    -X-Men Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

2. Simpler Simon

Simpler Simon Always in Style

You know, for its time, it was still a great DVD release.

Also, I don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but http://dvd.ign.com/ has posted a new cover for X-Men 1.5...take a look!

3. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

It still sucks (both the new cover art and the original X-Men release...except for the blooper!).

4. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Even though I plan on getting the new release I still plan to keep this release. Not all the extras are transferred over and you can't beat that awesome blooper!

5. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

To talk about the new release for a second:

Better than the original 1.5 cover, but still not as good as the first X-Men DVD cover.

6. Storm

Storm Active Member

Mystique????

I see why they have Hugh and Halle on the cover but I would rather have Xavier, Wolvie, Storm, Cyke, and Jean on the cover.

7. joshualane

joshualane I want some pie

Looking at this cover makes me realize just how much I hate marketing and what they do sometimes.

Marketing Person 1: Wolverine is the fan-favorite so he should be on the cover.
    Marketing Person 1: And the male fans think Rebecca Romijn Stamos is hot so let's put her on there
    Marketing Person 2: Don't forget about Halle Berry, she just won an oscar so she should be on it.
    Marketing Person 3: But what about Professor X, Magneto and Rogue who had more important parts in the film?
    Marketing Person 2: The film...what does that have to do with the DVD cover?

But yeah, I dig the original X-Men DVD release and will probably keep it.

8. Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama Hawkguy
    Staff Member Moderator

Why the big "1.5" on the cover? It just screams "bootleg." Plus, it's pre-movie photos, so it's something someone could easily whip up in photoshop.

For something that's supposed to be huge as it's being re-released for X-Men 2, it's a tad disappointing. The cover to the original X-Men DVD is much better.

9. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

From what I heard, the "X-Men 1.5" was supposed to be the name of a new redited version of the movie, which would include new scenes. But, that didn't happen. I wonder why they just don't drop thr 1.5 since it'll be the same 106 minute version we saw in theatres. Plus, it's probably gonna be a huge part of the marketing, to make people buy it.

10. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Let's keep the conversation rolling on the original DVD release of X-Men! And while another thread is available to discuss that release, feel free to comment on the upcoming X-Men 1.5 and compare that release to this one.

11. Storm

Storm Active Member

Well, I have a couple comments.

I wish the original X-Men release had more deleted scenes and I hope the new edition will. When I saw the deleted scenes they were awesome scenes that should of been used in the first movie.

- The Longing Conversation between Jean and Xavier was great and showed alot of Jean's character

- The Extended Storm's Lesson: I was really disapointed cause this scene really showed the true essence of Storm and she had good dialog and the cool cameos of Iceman, Pyro, Jubilee, and Shadowcat (with them actually talking)

- The Storm & Rouge Scene/ Logan Spies: This Scene was so cool this really opened the door to Rouge and Storm's bonded friendship and you see Logan spying on Cyclops and Jean's lesson which gives you the whole impression why Logan doesn't like Scott.

- The Extended Love Triangle Scene: If you saw this you know why this scene shouldn't of been edited.

X-Men had a great first DVD and I hope the next one is just as good and it looks like it will be!