1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by suss2it, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelouch

Lelouch Fallen Prince
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

It is pretty curious that those two showed up. Maybe something happens in the post-credit scene.

2. JCK

JCK Member

(X-TREME (see what I did there) SPOILERS)

I guess it's kind of like dangling the carrot but the following link has major spoilers -- the featured article as well as the COMMENT SECTION. If you want to be surprised on movie day, it would be best not to read this. But for those who are interested, check it out...

X-Men: Days of Future Past rights past wrongs, sort of | Reviews | Geek.com

3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

4. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

5. JCK

JCK Member

6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

From the sound of things all the plot holes and big lingering questions aren't answered in this movie at all and they just jump in and ignore them. Disappointed.

7. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see how this movie will fare with Rotten Tomatoes. Reviews are starting to trickle out more and more and I'm looking forward to reading them. While I am a huge Spider-Man fans this is the movie of the summer for me. I already have my tickets for the Thursday showing. I can't wait!

X-Men: Days of Future Past - Rotten Tomatoes

8. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

I'm glad they're not going to be bogged down trying to explain away the continuity problems. I've seen it time and again with comics where they try to make a big story out of explaining away plot holes, and it's usually a bigger mess than if they just ignored it. I'd rather not have an X-Men movie try to answer why Wolverine got his adamantium claws back, how Xavier looked so much older and bald in Last Stand and Origins, and all the other little things that don't matter so long as the film is good.

9. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Hey, to each his own. Personally all these things just happening with no explanation is driving me nuts.

10. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Maybe Wolverine punched time itself and all the plot holes are because of that. :p

11. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

12. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

We're getting to the "real" reviews now and the scores are coming in very high. I'm getting really excited now.

The series overall is very slapdash...but it's also the one that got this whole superhero film boom that's been going on for the last fourteen years started. This series has entries that are both hits and misses...but the ones that hit are home runs. X2 and First Class are both way up there in all-time superhero movies in my book, and it's looking like Days might join or even surpass them.

13. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Hey folks! I'll have the official Toonzone Talkback for X-Men: Days of Future Past right here on The Entertainment Board posted at 12:01am (ET) tonight (hopefully on time!)! Until then, feel free to continue discussing the movie right here in this thread!

14. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

The UK received our usual day earlier release, so I managed to see it tonight.

It is the best X-Men film to date, without spoiling it. Stay for the end credits. There's a few not quite burning questions I would've liked answered, but overall an amazing effort.

15. JCK

JCK Member

This movie looks so good! Are you going to do a review for it? I loved reading your reviews of the first three X-Men films!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.