1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by suss2it, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where you're getting this idea that she won't be seen or mentioned since it's been confirmed she cameos for a while now. She's just made into his younger sister rather than his twin.

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

If Bryan Singer presents undisputable evidence/proof on his end on why the current allegations are false, he comes back. If this drags on, he is out. All the promotion for the film emphasized his name, so if they don't reference his name at all on any ads from now to release (even if the situation looks 100% good for him), I'd say that is an indirect indicator he won't be back.

3. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

If Singer is out this could throw a monkey wrench in their plan. From the look of it they're really banking on Days of Future Past "saving" the franchise, possibly with an in-story reboot to then continue with the First Class kids from here on out. If they're really hoping that "From the guy who made X-2" is going to get people to give the series another chance, having someone else take over for the next movie might kill some of that momentum.

4. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

On Wanda's inclusion: Yay. On the age change: Boo. It's almost like Singer stays up at night dreaming of new ways to crap all over my favorite characters in this franchise.

5. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

So Singer is mounting his defence.
    Lawyer: Bryan Singer Not In Hawaii During Sexual Assault Claim
    Way I see it, this defence is make or break. If he is able to prove that he was in Toronto, then that casts enormous doubt on the accuser. But if something comes up that counter's Singer's story, even the tiniest loophole that shows he wasn't in Toronto, then his entire story is in doubt. I dunno.... this whole thing has left a real sour taste in my mouth. Whether Singer is guilty or not, this has kind of deadened my anticipation for DOFP.

6. Rabbitearsblog

It would be interesting to see how the situation with Bryan Singer will play out. If he is found guilty, then I bet that Fox will find another director to direct the X-Men movies in the future. Possibly, Matthew Vaughan since he did direct First Class.

7. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Why should it? At the end of the day, you're going to see an X-Men film for the characters that you love to see on the big screen, right? And how long have we waited for a big budget X-Men vs. Sentinels film anyway? The X-Men films are ultimately about these characters and their big screen struggles. Why should fans compromise their experience of the film, and why should the actors and crew who've worked hard on it see it bomb, when it has every right to do well? It would be sad if this issue in Singer's personal life (an allegation which may not even be true, let's remember) damaged the film's success at the box office. The film is bigger than its director. I see no reason why a fan should let these sexual abuse claims affect his or her enjoyment of the plot, the acting etc. I really hope the fans will stay optimistic and support the film - don't let one man's (alleged) actions make the whole experience a sour one!

8. Spideyzilla

I know, and I know my feelings are somewhat irrational. It's just that this is such a real world situation, and DOFP, is just a movie at the end of the day. It's just going to have a bit of that cloud over it. Will I see it? Sure. I'm not even that big of an X-Men fan, but the trailers all just look so great. It's just a bit difficult to forget, that's all.

9. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

Regarding the Singer situation, it all sounds like b.s to me. Singer has a rep for being obsessed with younger looking males so its possible he's guilty of doing something shady in his past but this particular suit just sounds like a cash grab. Regardless it doesn't affect my decision in watching the movie since his potentially seedy private life has no bearing on his ability as filmmaker.

10. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I just don't see why the film should be collateral damage in this dispute. As you say, it's just a movie, but it's also a project that's been years in the making and has taken a lot of hard work. (It's 20th Century Fox's second most expensive film, in fact.) All the effort shouldn't be wasted because of this. Singer may be the director, but that's just one name attached the project. Only one, amongst many who haven't committed an offence. And he might not even be guilty! As Tohya says, this all seems very suspect, - especially since it's happening now, with the film about to come out.

11. Spideyzilla

Again, I get all that. And like I said, I know this is kinda irrational. Don't read too much into it.

12. Rabbitearsblog

I agree that all this sounds too suspicious to me. If this person was sexually abused in the past, why did he wait 15 years later to suddenly accuse Bryan Singer of this and especially when X-Men: Days of Future Past is so close to coming to theaters? Like you mentioned, this could all just be a big cash grab since this movie is going to be major for FOX, but I will still see the movie also because I'm just seeing it because of the X-Men.

13. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Because time was running out for him to sue. He was only able to file as late as he did because some of the alleged abuse happened in Hawaii, where there's a law suspending the statute of limitations.

14. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

Which makes it even more suspicions wouldn't you say? Egan's lawsuit in 2000 was filed in California and made no mention of abuse in Hawaii. Now he all of a sudden remembers at the 11th hour (the law suspending the statue of limitations ends this month)? I have little doubt that there's this kind of exploitation taking place in Hollywood but this entire ordeal reeks of people with their own agenda. I wonder how much of this is Egan and how much of it is the lawyer trying to make a name for himself.

15. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

16. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

Wonder if this means he'll be working on Apocalypse or not?

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

AMC Theatres reports the movie's run time is 130 minutes. For comparison, The Wolverine was 126 minutes (extended version was 138 minutes) and X-Men: First Class was 132 minutes.

18. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I want the Rogue sub-plot that was cut to be included in an extended edition. I gather that it was cut because it lasted for about 20 minutes and there was the worry that a running time of over 2 and a half hours was too long. Still, it needs to be included, and not just as a deleted scene. Even if that sequence isn't quite as important to the main plot as what's happening in the 1970s, it has characters who deserve the attention.

19. Rabbitearsblog

I'm not sure if 130 minutes is enough to give each character their time to shine, although it has been mentioned that most of the scenes are going to be focused on the past rather than the future segments. It makes me wonder if this movie would be the last time that we see the original trilogy X-Men before they move on with the First Class cast.

20. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

I think this is it for the original cast except for Wolverine, sadly. God, I'll miss McKellan and Stewart :(. As for the length, I'm sure the Blu-Ray will have the inevitable extended cut and deleted scenes. Probably 3-D exclusive, of course :mad:!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.