1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by suss2it, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

2. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Awesome news! I enjoyed First Class a lot and thought it was the best of last year's superhero movies, so I really can't wait for a sequel. I remember reading an interview with Vaughn (or maybe it was one of the writers) where he speculated on a sequel and said doing a second one wouldn't necessarily mean adding more characters into the mix, which seems to suggest they might be more interested in further developing the characters already introduced, instead of throwing more names into the story just to show off new characters/powers. I like that approach, but I'm sure we'll see maybe some new faces.

3. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's cool that it'll have a constant behind the scenes which reminds me that I still need to watch the first one.

4. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Also of note is Josh Trank being possibly eyed to direct the reboot of Fantastic Four. Which I guess was just an eventually after the Spiderman Reboot though I wonder how long that will take to get off the ground. Oh well I am glad to see a new X-Men First Class sequal in the works though thinking about it I do kind of wish they changed around the ending some of the first movie so they would have more to work with in a sequal. Also are they going to try to release this in 2013 or wait a bit more? And is work still going to be done at any point for the Wolverine sequal or is that just something that got stuck in production hell?

5. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

6. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Good news, but I guess that means a summer 2014 release?! Damn you, Hunger Games. :D

7. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

It's not just Hunger Games, Matthew Vaughn the director is shooting other movies too.

8. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

9. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

That sounds like a fun idea for a film, although I'm not entirely sure if that'd make it a film specifically tied to First Class. Hmm...

10. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

I think this is only going to resemble Days of Future Past in the sense that it'll deal with time-travel and alternate realities. This may very well be Fox's way of pulling a J.J. Abram's Star Trek with an attempt to tie the Matthew Vaughn X-men to the original Bryan Singer X-Men by using time-travel to alter the timeline, ultimately deleting the events of Brett Ratner's X-Men 3: The Last Stand to a point where it never happened -- Then we can have Scott, Jean, and Charles alive, plus Magneto, Mystique and Rogue with their powers regained, all in the present again.

11. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Well, Fox is doing a sequel to First Class for 2014 that currently has no name. Now they've submitted a name for a new X-Men film. Two and two, you know?

That's what I was thinking/hoping too, although it's always possible that the events of The Last Stand ended up leading to a Days of Future Past-esque scenario and that's why the timelines collide and such.

12. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

So, Fox has confirmed that the sequel to X-Men: First Class will be based upon the classic X-Men storyline Days of Future Past. The film will be the second part of the First Class trilogy, it will be directed by Matthew Vaughn & produced by Bryan Singer. Filming will start in January of next year when Jennifer Lawrence is done filming Catching Fire. Plot details are said to focus more on the relationship between Beast & Mystique. It is rumored that Hugh Jackman will return as Wolverine in this movie. Days of Future Past will be released on July 18th, 2014.

Source

13. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Your source is in Russian, have any of the major outlets confirmed this?

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I think IGN also reported it, but I can't find the article.

15. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

16. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

17. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Pretty much confirms Fox is in the mutant business for the long haul. They can potentially connect the original films with the Wolverine spinoffs and the planned New Mutants spinoff. Smart Fox, smart.

18. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Awesome! Really can't wait to see this. I think I may have to watch First Class again tonight for the umpteenth time. :D

19. Lelouch

Lelouch Fallen Prince
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Just...please no Wolverine in this film, that's all I ask for. There are plenty of other mutants that deserve the time and he has had plenty. It'd be cool if they had Ellen Page come back as Kitty.

20. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

Sounds good! I want a young Scott and Jean, and hopefully a recasted Warren Worthington as Angel-turned-Archangel/Dark Angel; I hated the guy who played Angel in X3 -- good actor, but totally wrong for the part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.