1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, May 23, 2014.

?

Rate and Comment on this Movie!

1. *****

64.3%
  2. ****1/2

14.3%
  3. ****

14.3%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

7.1%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Forget what you know...

[​IMG]
    X-Men: Days of Future Past - The Rogue Cut
    Studio: 20th Century Fox
    Release Date: July 14th, 2015

Synopsis: With a never-before-seen, alternate cut of the film - plus 90 minutes of all-new, immersive special features - the X-Men: Days of Future Past - The Rogue Cut takes you deeper into the X-Men universe than ever before. Rogue makes her return as the all-star characters from the original X-Men film trilogy join forces with their younger selves and unite to battle armies of murderous Sentinel robots who are hunting down mutants and humans alike!

Blu-ray Details:

Disc 1:
    -Both the Theatrical Cut of the Film and the Rogue Cut of the Film
    -Commentary by Director Bryan Singer and Producer/Writer Simon Kinberg (Theatrical Version)
    -Commentary by Bryan Singer and Composer/Film Editor John Ottman (Rogue Cut)
    -Second Screen App

Disc 2:

-Mutant vs. Machine – 9-part making-of documentary featuring the cast and filmmakers!
    -X-Men: Unguarded
    -Gallery: Storyboards, Costumes & Concept Art
    -Fantastic Four Sneak Peek

-Digital HD

Comments? Discuss both the X-Men: Days of Future Past - The Rogue Cut feature and home video release!

#81 James Harvey, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  2. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I watched the Rogue Cut last night, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it! In addition to Rogue's scenes, there was of course the reported Beast/Mystique sequence and a few other nice additions. If memory serves, isn't there a change in scene during the theatrical cut after Logan volunteers himself to be sent back in time? Because in this version a brief debate follows this line of dialogue as the future characters discuss whether they should erase their own timeline. I don't remember seeing that part in the theatrical cut.

My favourite part, though, was when Rogue took Kitty's powers, because she just crept up on her and pounced while Kitty was sobbing over the death of a certain character. I laughed out loud to be honest. It was Rogue's revenge for losing Iceman to Kitty! :D

#82 ShadowStar, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  3. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

"The Rogue Cut" was good though I can see why her big set piece was axed. It's pretty much it's own self-contained section of the movie and really adds nothing save for seeing her character again. What really surprised me about this movie where the smaller changes. Magneto hitting his head on the pavement and not in the fountain. Beast asking his "do I make it" question during a quiet scene with Wolverine. There were still a few things left out. There's that still of Wolverine shirtless sitting down drinking after he first arrives in the 1970s that isn't in the original version or this alternate one for example. The small changes here are there but honestly the theatrical version is the superior version of the two. It's lean, not bloated, is less repetitive and doesn't screech to a halt part way through. I did like that we got to see more of the future, though. Not too much else but a few extra bits here and there. Both versions of the film are great.

While I bought the Blu-ray version I was surprised to see the DVD version also featured all the same bonus features. That's pretty rare nowadays.

4. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Yeah, I think the lines, "We've been given a second chance" and "You're afraid... I remember", from the second trailer didn't end up being included in either version of the film.

I think that the Rogue sub-plot offers a good explanation for the Sentinels managing to find the X-Men in time to threaten their plans, since
    The Beast/Mystique sequence did slow things down a little bit, but it didn't go on for too long and I have to admit that I felt that the theatrical cut could have done with a bit more interaction between them, so that was good.