1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)" Sequel Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by RoryWilliams, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #481 RoryWilliams, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if being able to fly is a bigger cheat than having an Adamantium skeleton :p?

3. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I still don't get how Warren Worthington is a different age in 1983 in this timeline to the original timeline. History changed when Mystique didn't shoot Trask in 1973, but everything from before that remained intact. Therefore the altered timeline isn't the reason for Angel being born earlier, since he would have to be no more than 10 years old in this film for his birth to have happened after history was changed. So if he was born before 1973, why is there a discrepancy in his age between the two timelines? It doesn't make sense that he's in his late teens/early twenties in 1983, and in his late twenties/early thirties around the year 2006.

4. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

It's the same logic as the one from Abramsverse Star Trek. Somehow Kirk's dad dying alters stuff that happen before he was even born (for example, the way klingons look).

5. RoryWilliams

The short answer is pretty much everyone but Brett Ratner thinks The Last Stand was a mistake, so they're completely ignoring his take on Angel and Psylocke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

...Because X-Men First Class rebooted the franchise. :cool: When seeing actors play original trilogy roles, take it as fan-service. These familiar-looking characters are still very much in continuity to First Class. A continuity that vaguely considered/hinted at plot-points from the original X-men trilogy.

#486 Mostezli, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  7. RoryWilliams

• Like Like x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Whatever one may say about Ms. Munn's acting experience, though I've heard good things about her role on "The Newsroom," you have to appreciate her efforts to get the physicality of the character down :cool:.

9. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So another classic Brotherhood member gets reintroduced in the new timeline? Cool :cool:.

Maybe they'll do a new version of Pyro and bring in Avalanche so we can have a more classic Brotherhood together in the next movie ;)?

I wonder how much different he might look compared to Origins?

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

If Xavier is going bald in this film, then I would like to see Magneto get his silver hair too. Either Apocalypse or Quicksilver could be the cause of this.

Really hoping that Apocalypse does NOT die in this film (why are Magneto and Loki usually the only comic book baddies who get to live?) and will be back for more, ideally in a film with the original cast because the great line-up we saw at the end of Days of Future Past deserves to be utilised soon.

Given that the Big A will hopefully live, and that he can slow his ageing, I would like to see him put Jubilee, Havok and Psylocke into deep stasis until we get another film with the original cast, since it's just too weird having a Psylocke who's older than Scott and Jean and a Jubilee who's only a few years younger than them. He can do the same to Gambit too since we know from Origins that he's an adult in the 80s. :p And maybe keep Archangel as a slow-ageing Horseman for a bit longer after this film because otherwise he'd just be too old in the present day timeline. Those are my demands anyway - I doubt they'll be met, but I can hope. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. RoryWilliams

• Like Like x 2
    #493 RoryWilliams, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, I hope that's legit. Apocalypse looks SO much better in that image. Maybe that'll be his look for the climax.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mostezli

I'm currently enjoying the flip-flopped response on other sites. :rolleyes:
    Some still trying to hold on to bull-headed apprehension, some of it still passively aggressive as always.

I guess it's confirmed Archangel won't be blue. :p

16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow...now that's Apcoalypse :cool:.

Hoping he also looks a little bigger too ;).
    So...I guess since they're not going to make Archangel blue, they're giving him face tattoos to convey the look? Kinda disappointing in light of their making Apocalypse more comic-accurate, and kinda jarring next to Munn who's dyed quite a bit of her hair purple :(.

I wonder if he might have a collapsable helmet that's basically Archangel's helmet?

#496 Frontier, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  17. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we were all kinda hoping that he would become the true form Apocalypse by film's end. Based strictly on the look, it's as bout as close to him we can get.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mostezli

19. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I've been really looking forward to this all of this year. I just wish we were getting some cool X-Men costumes. I love the civilian looks but I want to see them looking awesome when they're in the field too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, same here. They've been pretty mum about the X-Men costumes, aside from that concept art a while back, but you would think considering the precedent set by the Horseman that we'd be getting some colorful, comic-accurate, X-Men costumes o_O.

I think we've seen allusions to the team getting them, but no outright confirmation...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.