1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)" Sequel Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by RoryWilliams, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #461 RoryWilliams, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  2. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

That is undeniably the best young Magneto design I have seen to date. I don't care if the reception will just be a repeat of DOFP's EW posters, because the movie has me hyped.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, not only is Betsy relatively keeping her purple locks, but they're also going for the classic Psylocke look, leotard and all. Coupled with that katana and psionic blade, Munn looks great :D.

And that's definitely the best Magneto costume yet :cool:.

Apocalypse looks like he's a combination of his classic and Ultimate looks, just more resembling a human in terms of body. It is kinda weird to see an Apocalpyse at the same height as Psylocke and Storm o_O.
    Mohawk Storm looks good ;).

Scott the bad boy? Well that's a change, though with his relationship with Jean categorized as one of the movies three love stories, I wonder what the other two are? Charles and Moira, as well as Hank and Raven?

So Raven rescues Kurt and pairs up with him...does she not know he's her son yet? I wonder if he brings him to the school?

4. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Apocalypse: "That smell. What that smell? Wait. It smells like...... teenagers."

[​IMG]

LOL I like how other X-men characters looks except Apocalypse. He looks like Ivan Ooze.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I'm not impressed with Apocalypse so far. His look just doesn't scream "earth-shatteringly powerful god-mutant". Maybe it's because he's so small and skinny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mostezli

I don't know why you have fanart tagged as spoiler. It's a neat design up until you get to the awkwardly phallic Ronan head

7. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Dude, seeing those pics almost made tear up they're so spot on. :) Really, in a word most appropriate, they look excellent!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. RoryWilliams

Singer talks a little about the plot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I normally tag images in spoiler tags in chance that it could get removed for some reason.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Mostezli

• Like Like x 2
  11. RoryWilliams

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Odd resemblance to Ivan Ooze aside, I am glad they are at least trying to make Apocalypse look different. Having a him look like a regular person wouldn't have worked. He's perhaps a little too purple though...

13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Interesting. Caliban fits into the plot by being connected to Psylocke, though I wonder why Betsy is working for a mutant-broker?

I wonder if Magneto's girlfriend is a Mutant? Then again, Mystique aside, if we take the Maximoff's mother into account it seems he's not against a relationship with a human...though from the sounds of it, this girl might end up being the actual equivalent of Magda in the movie continuity :eek:.

So the Xavier School is up and running again, but Charles is just back to teaching and trying to steer his students away from violence and towards practical uses for their powers. Apocalypse and his Horseman's attack on all of humanity will likely force him to revive the X-Men and turn his students into Superheroes :cool:.
    Man, Storm looks so good with a mohawk that I'm almost tempted to want her to keep it for future movies ;).

Jubilee looking like Jubilee! Red sunglasses! Kurt :D!

Nice to get confirmation for Stryker, though I wonder if we'll see Mystique as Stryker at all?

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I suspect he'll have more than one form in the movie. Walking around as a towering behemoth 24/7 gets you noticed, even in 1983.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Psylocke looks perfect! FOX actually got an X-Men costume right!!! I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Meh on Apocalypse for now, doesn't really resemble his comic attire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I do think it would be cool if, for the final fight with the X-Men once they've taken down the other Horsemen, Apocalypse transforms into his classic big, bruising classic body from the comics :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Young Cyclops being a bad boy doesn't sound right.

I hope Psylocke and Archangel are meant to be around the same age as Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm because to my mind they should be around the same age as those characters, especially if there's to be any hope of seeing Betsy and Warren in future films. Age them up too much too soon and they'll be too old by the time we (hopefully) get back to a post-2000 time frame. They've already messed up what the ages of Jubilee and Havok should be compared to those of the other characters - I would not want the same to happen to two of my favourites (Warren and Betsy). I am concerned that they are only in this film in the first place because Bryan Singer has a list of characters he wants to get around to before he leaves the film series again... but hopefully this pair will fit in properly and it won't feel as though they are being shoehorned in.

Like Frontier, I'm wondering what the three love stories are. Scott/Jean has now been confirmed, and Charles/Moira was revealed previously. The other one must be Hank/Raven/Eric (a Hank/Raven love scene was mentioned a while back, and then there was something about Mystique/Magneto too). But where does this leave Warren/Betsy? :( Even in their brainwashed states, I would expect some kind of chemistry.

Interesting that we're getting close-ups of most of the new characters, but not Archangel. Maybe there's a fair bit of (as yet unfinished) CGI involved in his appearance, or there isn't a lot of confidence in how he looks as of yet? Either way, still hoping for the blue skin...

#477 ShadowStar, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  18. Mostezli

looked like there was absolutely no CG in that SDCC teaser, so yeah...they have a ways to go.

I can't imagine either Psylocke or Archangel having as substantial of a role as Storm or Magneto, but hoping for more dialogue than what half of the future DOFP cast got is reasonable.

#478 Mostezli, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  19. RoryWilliams

Apocalypse's lair in Egypt.

Pretty dope.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. RoryWilliams