1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)" Sequel Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by RoryWilliams, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

OH SNAP! I'm pretty excited, and I guess now we can expect Apocalypse to appear in the Days of Future Past after credits scene.

3. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

With Apocalypse making a move,I just hope this means Scott Summers and Jean Grey are coming back. They did play a big role in first apperance during X-Factor.

4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be nice if that were an after effect of the time changing shenanigans of DOFP.

5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Apocalypse :eek:!?

I'm very intrigued in seeing how they adapt him and translate his look from the comics into the movies.

And I agree with Gold Guy that he'll likely appear in a post-credit scene for the movie. Maybe when Wolverine gets back, he witnesses the Days of Future Past timeline morph into the Age of Apocalypse?

Though I have to wonder if this will be the first X-Men movie not to have Logan in it :sweat:. Jackman says he may be taking a break from the character, then they announce the sequel to his solo franchise, and now this.... it'll be very interesting to see where they go with the franchise in terms of cast.

6. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Well, damn. Talk about exciting. I was not expecting this and now I am quite interested to see how this is going to pan out.

7. EroSennin

EroSennin The Frog Hermit

With the Days of Future Past coming I'm guessing this will be based on Age of Apocalypse or at least some version of it.

8. RoryWilliams

Several months ago, Bleedingcool asked Singer about Apocalypse appearing in DOFP and they noted he became very nervous uncomfortable and acted like he had no idea they were gonna ask that. So I think it's safe to say if he doesn't actually appear in DOFP there will be some sort of connection or set-up at the end of the film.

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Ho ho, very interesting news. Thought WW would it this week for CBM news, lol.

10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

All the CBM films love to top each other, huh?

But man, if they adapt the Age of Apocalypse arc, that would be so much win.

11. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I'm excited that Singer is returning to this franchise with seemingly new found energy. I too hope they give an opening to Scott and Jean. I'm not so worried about Jean since she appeared in Wolverine, but Cyclops has just been shafted so long it's weird. I also wonder if this is the First Class cast, and if they give us new team members. Can this be the reboot, I've been wanting?

12. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

The time travel story is definitely their way out. Perhaps something happens at the end of the movie that jumbles up history, potentially allowing for any previously dead character to return while maintaining the actual stories of the previous films? There is definitely new found energy here, something that hasn't been felt in seven year. I am thoroughly impressed.

13. EroSennin

EroSennin The Frog Hermit

I wonder if in DOFP Wolverine fails to do whatever he's sent in the past to do setting up an Age of Apocalypse movie where potentially everyone from previous movies dead or alive could appear.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Wasn't Age of Apocalypse started when Xavier got killed? Maybe they use that part in the DOFP, and past Xavier gets killed by accident while trying to protect past Magneto and the timeline gets a facelift.

15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

BTW, I have a feeling now that X-Force might get released before Apocalypse. Since Cable will be a main character in X-Force, I have a feeling he would also appear in Apocalypse. I mean, aren't Cable and Apocalypse big enemies anyway?

16. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

I'm really curious how the release dates of X-Force and The Wolverine 2 are going to line up with this. Are there going to be two X-Men movies in 2016? I think we would have heard more if either of those movies are coming out in 2015.

Anyway, this is awesome. It feels like the series is back on track and finally living up to the potential that it always had as a franchise. It all kind of started with First Class, I guess, putting out a real quality film with hot stars to right the ship that had gone off a cliff with The Last Stand and Origins. Of course, we have yet to see if DOFP is actually good, but I have confidence in these movies that I never really had before.

And boy, these superhero movies are all bringing out the big guns. That's one benefit of not having all of the Marvel movies under the Marvel Studios umbrella - you can get Fox going in huge with all these X-Men movies, Sony going in big with the Sinister Six, and Marvel Studios going big with the Avengers and Thanos all at the same time.

17. RoryWilliams

There's an alleged description of the post-credits scene for DOFP making its way around the web, which claims

18. the greenman

They already have FF on the slate for 2015 and it's too late to start a brand new film without a script already in place. Now, if they shoot for an X-Force film for Fall of 2015, and stay clear of Star Wars, then it is a possibility. I highly doubt that though. 20th Century FOX has enough stuff out that year where not releasing FF will be best. In fact, I really have fears for the film now, because no one wants to see this film really based on the bad rumors already done. It would be like WB announcing a Green Lantern reboot this quickly and audiences still have a bad taste in their mouths about that and FF.

19. RoryWilliams

You're overestimating how much influence the internet fans have. Most of the potential audience isn't following the movie very closely nor are they aware of it, probably. No offense but you just seem really invested in the movie not happening, which is fine, but don't fudge the numbers.

20. the greenman

Well, yeah I don't want FOX to do this movie for multiple reasons. Also true most people are unaware of the rumors as we fans, but I do know alot of people are not excited about a reboot simply based on the last films. I will probably try hard to just accept this film if it finally gets made, but they haven't really got me looking forward to it at all.

I just feel like FOX themselves seem to be concentrated on X-Men and spinoffs within the confines of that universe. Singer is going to convince FOX to do this and Millar doesn't seem like he's pushing hard for FF either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.