1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Men '92" returns as ongoing series in Spring 2016

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by Wonder Woman, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I know we have a talkback for the current Secret Wars mini-series but I thought this deserved its own thread. Newsarama says X-Men '92 is getting an ongoing series in the Spring:

http://www.newsarama.com/26038-x-men-92-return-as-ongoing-series-in-2016.html

Surprising news but good nonetheless!

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Would the release of this series possibly debunk the whole burying the X-Men thing at Marvel?

3. FlawedCoil82

FlawedCoil82 Member

I was delighted when I heard this news! I was helping to fight for this comic's continuation from the start, so it is very rewarding to discover that Marvel actually listened to the fans. :) While I do hope certain elements of the book are improved upon, I have to say that I am pretty excited for potential I know this book has, if only done right! I still haven't read issue #4 yet (I wait for the physical issues first), but I do realize it apparently ends on a cliffhanger. It will certainly be a long wait 'til Spring 2016, but I waited over a decade for this team to return, so I am pretty sure a few more months won't kill me.

Furthermore, here is a recent interview with Chad and Chris where they go into a bit more detail about what the future holds:

http://www.newsarama.com/26059-gen-xers-rejoice-x-men-92-returns-with-generation-x-to-boot.html

4. Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel "She's...Brazilian."

I'd be up for reading this.

I collected every issue of the initial miniseries (in physical form). Very reminiscent of the Claremont era, but not enough to be a carbon copy.