1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"X-Men '92 (2015 Mini-Series)" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Jun 24, 2015.

?

Rate and Comment on "X-Men '92!"

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

100.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Inspired by the classic 1990s animated series, but with a "Secret Wars" twist!

X-MEN ‘92 #1

[​IMG]

WRITERS:CHRIS SIMS & CHAD BOWERS
    ARTIST: SCOTT KOBLISH

• Everyone’s favorite version of the X-Men from the ’90s is back!
    • When Baron Kelly charges the Clear Mountain Project and it’s mysterious new director with “mutant rehabilitation,” it’s up to the X-Men to investigate!
    • PLUS: Free Range Sentiels?!?

Comments on this series?

2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

You do know this has been available online for a couple weeks now right?

3. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Yeah but I think they do talkbacks for print issues not digital which is why its now posted up.

I had to pick this up despite not really being interested in the Secret Wars stuff and I like it. The story was a bit weak but overall I thought they nailed the look and the tone of the old show perfectly. The voices synced up perfectly. I guess it helped that one of the writers reviewed every episode of the 90s X-Men cartoon for Comics Alliance. It's a fun read but I don't foresee anything permanent coming out of it. It would be cool though if Marvel took these X-Men going forward though we know that won't happen.

4. FlawedCoil82

FlawedCoil82 Member

Unsurprisingly, I loved this comic! It's the first X-Men book I have been proud to buy in over a decade. I am hoping for a miracle where this book can get an on-going series. If this comic disappears, so do I from buying any Marvel books.

5. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Sadly it looks like this is just a four-issue mini-series. I honestly wasn't expecting this to carry over after the crossover but it was nice of Marvel to revisit this era one last time before they kick things off with their "All-New All-Different" direction. Thankfully Marvel has also released a lot of trades recently for this era of X-Men. The writing has been good too though the art not as good as I'd hope. It's more of a nostalgia trip and a nice way to say to say goodbye to my favorite version of these characters. I'll still have my old comics and DVDs of the cartoon whenever I want to revisit.