"WWE SummerSlam" 2014 Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by The Penguin, Aug 15, 2014.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin Moderator of Fowl Play

SummerSlam is Sunday! Make your predictions now and do so by 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, and remember, no edits after that.

SummerSlam has eight scheduled matches, so everyone's total will be out of eight. If you refuse to pick on principle, we have no clue who you want, or you just plain miss it, you will get it wrong.

Please note that you must pick a winner. "[Champion] retains" must be taken as "[Champion] wins" as you cannot make a pick that allows you to be correct if the Champion wins or if they lose by disqualification or count-out.

Also note that "Draw" is an acceptable prediction and covers a double count-out, double disqualification and other situations that result in a no contest. Matches will not be thrown out due a draw.

Typically, the only circumstance that results in a match being thrown out is a change in the participants of the match (i.e. if an additional Superstar/Diva is added or a Superstar/Diva is removed and replaced by someone else). This is not a hard and fast rule however, and is done on a case-by-case basis.

Remember, matches announced after the thread has been posted will not be counted. There is no reason to predict a match that is announced Saturday as there will be no points awarded.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
    John Cena (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)

Erick Rowan & Luke Harper are banned from ringside
    Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt

Brie Bella vs. Stephanie McMahon

Flag match
    Jack Swagger (with Zeb Colter) vs. Rusev (with Lana)

Divas Championship
    AJ Lee (c) vs. Paige

Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns

Intercontinental Championship
    The Miz (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Lumberjack match
    Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins

Please remember this thread encompasses anything to do with predictions. Should you feel the need to tally up your score, "challenge" people, or tell the story of the "match for the championship" that is going to fit in here, not the talkback thread for the event which will of course be posted Sunday.

2. The Talon

The Talon New Member

Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)

Bray Wyatt

Stephanie McMahon

Flag match
    Rusev (with Lana)

Divas Championship
    AJ Lee (c)

Roman Reigns

The Miz (c)

Lumberjack match
    Seth Rollins

Yeah, expecting this to be "the bad guy wins!" type of show. There's a part of me that thinks that Lesnar will lose, but I can 100% guarantee John Cena won't be leaving SummerSlam as champ. Also, what the hell is LA getting the show for 6 years straight? Would it kill them to bring SummerSlam to NY?

3. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Silence, you dumb wench!!!

I believe part of it is due to the WWE wanting to something with the Wrestlemania Axxess for Summerslam, and rather than moving around each year like other PPV events, the WWE is keeping Summerslam in one place (which isn't odd, when you consider how some of the annual WCW PPV's were usually in the same arena, especially in the later years).

4. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Active Member

Being that it's one of the "A" shows, heels cannot dominate.

Cena over Lesnar. Lesnar's contract pretty much prevents him from being champion, unless he's willing to amend said contract. I keep reading that the plan is for Lesnar to win the title, but the downside is his contract and the number of dates he's contracted for per year. In effect, they would let him hold the belt hostage to keep him happy. That is bad for business.

Miz over Ziggler. Too early for a title change.
    AJ over Paige. Ditto.
    Swagger over Rusev. It's one of the big 4 PPV's. Swagger needs a signature win as a babyface. There is just no way he loses a flag match.
    Reigns over Orton.
    Ambrose over Rollins.
    Brie over Stephanie. It's Steph's 1st match in nearly 11 years, and she has a 2-match losing streak on the line. Make it 3.
    Wyatt over Jericho.

5. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

I've just got to say, this is the best-built and most well thought-out PPV card that the WWE has put together in a long time. Every match has at least a solid build, and each have the possibility to entertain. Excellent job this time around, These last few years, Summerslam has really reemerged as a show that can rival WrestleMania.

1. Brock Lesnar wins. He ABSOLUTELY HAS TO WIN. Otherwise it completely buries the Streak, to have him lose his first match after breaking it to Cena of all people. What I think will happen is he'll have a rematch at Night of Champions, then leave with the title. They'll name an interim champion, but Heyman will strut around with the belts and keep reminding everyone who the real champion is. Then Lesnar will return at the Royal Rumble and face the interim champion to determine the "real" champ. Pretty simple concept.
    2. Bray Wyatt wins. Jericho came back to put over new talent. He got the first win over Wyatt, so naturally he'll put him over here.
    3. Roman Reigns wins. Obviously grooming him for that top spot, and I'm sure he'll win the Rumble next year and take the title off of Lesnar at WrestleMania. This is just a roadblock.
    4. Dean Ambrose wins. I think they'll get another match out of this feud, next time with the briefcase on the line. For that to happen, Dean needs to win here to make a case for it.
    5. Brie Bella wins. As much as Stephanie has carried this angle on her back and somehow made it absurdly entertaining, its intent is not to put her over. It's to put Brie Bella over, the actual active wrestler.
    6. The Miz wins.
    7. AJ Lee wins.
    8. Rusev wins.

6. langden alger

langden alger New Member

Winners
    Cena
    Reighns
    Wyatt
    AJ
    Brie
    Swagger
    Ambrose
    Ziggler

7. Spike Mcdougal

Spike Mcdougal The Legendary Outlaw

Lesnar
    Reigns
    Wyatt
    AJ
    Brie
    Swagger
    Ambrose
    Miz

8. Memphis Bleek

Memphis Bleek New Member

SummerSlam Predictions

Winner: Brock Lesnar
    The Beast carries the day, but this match is just beginning of their feud.

Winner: Bray Wyatt
    Wyatt evens the series at 1-1.

Winner: Stephanie McMahon
    Nikki Bella betrays her twin sister, and Stephanie pedigrees Brie.

Flag match
    Winner: Rusev
    Rusev is building toward a mega push.

Divas Championship
    AJ Lee (c) vs. Paige
    Winner: Paige
    AJ and Paige will trade the title back and forward until Survivor Series.

Winner: Roman Reigns
    The Roman Empire conquers the apex predator.

Winner: The Miz
    The Miz has mega heat, and Ziggler is stale.

Lumberjack match
    Winner: Dean Ambrose
    The crazy man gains a bit of revenge on his former associate.

By the way, the WWE did one of its retro SummerSlam report with Gene Okerlund for this year's card on its YouTube page.

9. The Penguin

The Penguin Moderator of Fowl Play

I think I'll make this quick in the interest of my evening...

Lesnar Based on the build, I don't see how Cena wins this match.

Wyatt

Brie

Flag match
    Swagger Please.

Divas Championship
    AJ Lee (c) vs. Paige
    A.J.

Reigns If Roman is going to stay in the general main event, he needs to win this.

I don't like doing it, but I think I need to go with The Miz.

Lumberjack match
    Rollins

10. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Active Member

2-6. Did not see Miz or AJ losing so quickly. I said before this was a PPV where heels shouldn't dominate in the win column. I misfired with Cena, Swagger, Brie, & Ambrose as well as Miz & AJ. Let's see. In terms of face/heel, Lesnar, Steph, Wyatt, Rollins, & Rusev won. Paige right now is a tweener. Reigns & Ziggler were the only face winners. That's wrong headed booking.

11. Memphis Bleek

Memphis Bleek New Member

SummerSlam Results

6/8