1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

WWE Meets Jetsons

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Dudley, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I think a better question is, why not just give the WWE stars their own animated spin-off?! Hulk Hogan had his back in the late 80's or early 90's, so why not WrestleMania wrestlers today?

2. ClassicTVMan1981

If there were any future WWE / H-B crossovers, I envision one with Blue Falcon & Dynomutt!

~Ben

3. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Probably because there is no one on the current roster who has penetrated pop culture like Hogan did.

This movie better have future people booing Roman Reigns ;)

4. Itchy

Itchy Scratchy's enemy

Considering the cartoon characters of WB, MGM and Hanna Barbera are now owned by the same company, there are much more interesting crossovers that could be made. I bet there's a much bigger demographic out there who would like to see Tom and Jerry meet Sylvester and Tweety for instance. You know, crossovers with two franchises who actually share a lot similarities? Instead of these random mashups?

5. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I don't get who these films are made for. Fans of the original shows will hate on this, because it's just absurd. It's being so close to a new series after so many years, yet so far at the same time. It's almost provocation. People not familiar with the original shows, I bet there are many kids that fall in that group, won't care about this either because they don't know these characters in the first place. And I doubt they're interested in wrestling. And then you have people familiar with or related to WWE, who I doubt are into animated shows of this kind and who will pass on this as well. Add in the fact that the 90s heydays of wrestling are gone, meaning the general audience doesn't care about it anymore either, and you end up with a really bizarre and random project. The only possible purpose I can see is to keep the brands relevant and alive and this being the easiest solution they come up with. They did it once and it sort of worked, so they tried it again and again. And they might try even more. The worst part is that the animation and voices are decent, so it makes you wonder even more why they waste resources on this. Unless they can somehow make it almost for free. It's just hard to watch and accept.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Itchy

Itchy Scratchy's enemy

Whoever's in charge of these films lack vision. They could make a film featuring all these iconic cartoon characters they've obtained the rights to, which the world has not seen since the likes of Roger Rabbit, and they'd have a cash cow on their hands cause tons of people would line up to see it just for the novelty of watching WB, MGM and H-B characters interact with eachother. Instead they waste time and money on these mis-matching crossovers which only appeal to a very small demographic.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Technically, Huckster Hogan didn't voice his own animated persona in 1985 (Brad Garrett filled in), and the then-WWF contracted with DIC for the show, which ended up bombing.

If Chairman Wackjob (Vince McMahon) can make a deal with WB, maybe they and not whomever the cheesy animators working on Camp WWE can create the next WWE cartoon series.

8. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

I wish I had an answer, even a snarky one, but I don't. WWE knows the kids will eat up the videos anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZeroKelvin

ZeroKelvin One poppin' pariffero

Well, from what I've seen of the trailer, it's well-animated for the most part. And it's great seeing the Jetsons back in action, but this whole WWE crossover junk is getting old now. At least since they're giving other H-B properties besides Scooby some limelight this will at least encourage them to revive some H-B characters for new DTVs (preferably w/o WWE, to say the least).

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 Active Member

Yea WB Animation should do more H-B Animated Movies without WWE

• Like Like x 1
  11. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Agreed, though who knows maybe these WWE events might be the reason why these movies happen :rolleyes:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. honorableninja

wonder if they plan to do a yogi's all stars (you know those shows and movies that mix all of hanna babera classics together yogi, sagglepuss, huckleberry hound, etc) and wwe movie as if they keep going I suppose it the only logical step.

• Like Like x 1
  13. D-Poet17

D-Poet17 New Member

CAN I PUT MY TWO CENTS ON HERE PLS

Love the concept, despite its mediocrity in the decades-old crossovers genre, BUT WHY WITH THE JETSONS, AND WHY MAKE A GREAT WRESTLER THAT I AND MY FRIEND BOTH ADMIRE GREATLY, THE FRIGGING VILLAIN, FOR NO OTHER PURPOSE THAN TO SKEW THE UNDERDOG OF THE MOST FAMOUS WRESTLERS OF OUR TIME?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

They could make an animated adaptation of Future Quest:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

Can you just imagine what this team would have been like on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics?? Although, they probably would win too often.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I know Wikipedia isn't a very reliable source, but I decided to look anyway for the casting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jetsons_&_WWE:_Robo-WrestleMania!

From the trailer, I knew Jeff Bergman would return to voicing George Jetson and Mr. Spacely.

Frank Welker voices Astro, using his Scooby voice. Coincidentally, both roles were originally done by Don Messick.

Grey DeLisle Griffin voicing Jane is no surprise given how she voices Betty on The Flintstones, which is pretty much the Stone Age version of The Jetsons. The biggest surprise would be that she also voices Judy.

Tress MacNeille as Rosie is no surprise since she also voices Wilma Flintstone, who was also originally voiced by Jean Vander Pyl.

Elroy here is voiced by Trevor Devall, which is very surprising.

• Like Like x 1
  17. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Might not be a coincidence. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the role to Welker since Messick's voice for both characters was similar.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I know I'm late on this, but I wanted to say something.

1. The Wikipedia article now says that Judy is voiced by Danica McKellar. The IMDb page also supports this.

2. The movie will be written by Jed Elinoff & Scott Thomas. Given their experience with Warner Brothers (writing for Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated, Scooby Doo: Pirates Ahoy, Scooby Doo: Camp Scare, and The Flintstones/WWE movie), it's no surprise. Brandon Vietti will produce the movie (it's interesting that the Flintstones movie is the only Hanna Barbera/WWE movie he didn't work on). You can check his twitter for this one. Anthony Bell (The Simpsons, Rugrats, The Boondocks, Alpha And Omega) will direct the movie.

3. On a minor note, it's interesting how Judy is older than Elroy, yet the male actor is always older than the female actor. We have Janet Waldo (1920) and Daws Butler (1912) in the show's 1960s and 1980s runs. The 1990 movie had Tiffany (1971) replace Janet as Judy while Patric Zimmerman (1955) replace Daws (who died in 1988). This movie has Trevor Devall (1972) voicing Elroy while Danica McKellar (1975) voices Judy.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt6415248/

• Like Like x 1
  19. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

That does end up being a good tradition none the less for The Jetsons franchise, glad they keep this one around.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HORNS1968CE

HORNS1968CE THE LAST MAJOR

I get your minor point, but a correction is in order: DB was born in 1916, not 1912. I know this because I'm one of very few people on here who gave so much of a damn about him/his impact/legacy as to commemorate his birth's centennial, which, if you didn't know, was last 11/19.

• Like Like x 1