1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

WWE Meets Jetsons

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Dudley, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Animation Guild Blog uploaded a list of animation projects currently in development at various studios in California. And Warner Bros. Animation, to the surprise of no one, is producing another crossover with WWE, this time the Jetsons. No news on when the cartoon's coming out. But the fact that it's stating it's currently in production means we won't see anything about it until late this year or the next.

What do you guys think of this news? Leave a comment!

2. Kirben

Kirben Member

Terrible news, the first Scooby-Doo DTV WWE crossover was bad enough, and we still have another one of those to come too.

I like how Warner Bros is expanding DTV to other series (Flinstones, Looney Tunes), but they need to come up with better stories, rather than rely on gimmicks to sell them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

What are the odds that the Jetsons/WWE movie is part of a multi-picture deal that WWE made with Warner Bros. Animation?

4. StorytellerMJ5

StorytellerMJ5 Active Member

I do like that the Jetsons are getting some love, but even though I'm kind of a wrestling fan, I'd rather a Jetsons movie be unrelated to the WWE, at least at first.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Scooby one and I still haven't seen the Flintstones one.

5. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

This 100%. If relying on attention grabbing gimmicks is the only way Warner Brothers thinks that kids will be interested in seeing these established properties again, then I'd almost say that it's better that they stay locked in the vaults.

I was never a fan of The Jetsons, but can we have something else besides a crossover with the WWE? WB has already done that...twice.

6. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

Meet George Jetson, his boy Elroy, daugter Judy, Jane, his wife.........AND JOHN CENA! *John Cena theme plays*

They may as well do Top Cat next, and Looney Tunes...and Tom and Jerry. Hell, take all of the classic HB/WB/MGM characters and have them meet John Cena!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. ZeroKelvin

ZeroKelvin One poppin' pariffero

That's great, first Scooby, then Flintstones... now Jetsons! What's next, Hong Kong Phooey? The Super Globetrotters? Inch High Private Eye? I'm excited WB is bringing back Hanna Barbera characters in DTV movies, but this wrestling thing is getting old now. Scooby already has another WWE movie coming (if it even still happens considering what happened recently with Hulk Hogan).

I could already tell what the plot's gonna be, these are predictions, but's its either going to be Jane and/or Judy develop a crush on one of the wrestlers and George decides to wrestle to impress them, Elroy wants to be a wrestler, or its gonna have something to do with Spacely and Cogswell. Just my predictions for the movie.

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Looney Tunes makes a twisted sort of sense. Tom & Jerry just met Jonny Quest. Having them meet WWE? Not so much. You'd have a better shot of TC meeting T & J.

As for WWE-Jetsons? I'm thinking HHH is a closet cartoon geek and wants his kids to see him hang with the toons he grew up with.

WWE in a JLA movie I'd go for up to a point.

Then again, you'd have a better chance of Johnny Bravo trying out for WWE, and.......!

9. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

As a WWE fan i can already know that this makes no sense, since Jetsons takes place in the future. At least with the Flintstones one you could kind of play with the wrestlers being the descendents of the modern day stars, but with one set in the future it's going to be harder.

10. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Okay one, the ones in the Flintstones would be the ancestors, not descendants. In the Jetsons, they would likely be the descendants.
    And I fail to see how one makes more more sense than the other.

11. Corwin Haught

Corwin Haught Member

Will Dusty Rhodes be the President in this one?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Co-signed. While I have nothing against the WWE and I'm glad to see that WBA is finally starting to take an interest in other Hanna-Barbera properties besides just Scooby and Tom & Jerry for a change, there is such a thing as repetition. Surely WBA can think of something else for these characters to do in a DTV besides just meeting John Cena.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

I was thinking the exact same thing.

14. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

Dang, i knew i mixed up ancestors and descendants. Lets hope we see some interesting futuristic wrestlers and such in this special, i dont just want to see "John Cena Jr" vs "Randy Orton Jr".

15. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Given the time frame of The Jetsons, it would more likely be John Cena the 100th or a John Cena clone, unless the plot involves time travel.

16. BeanoMaster

BeanoMaster Active Member

I enjoyed the Scooby-Doo and Fintstones WWE movies, so I hope this is as good.

17. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

By 2017 we could see a Yogi Bear/WWE team up movie.

18. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't have any real interest in the WWE, but it's nice to see Warner do something with their non-Scooby/Tom & Jerry properties (although I think I would prefer wacky crossovers like Spy Quest, maybe team Scooby up with a different HB guest every movie). Now we have to ask who's voicing the Jetsons.

19. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

The Jetsons take place in 2068 so it would be his great grandson or something.

20. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

The Jetsons/WWE movie is likely a result of the second Scooby Doo/WWE movie needing serious reworking. Hulk Hogan was a key focus of that one and depending how far into production it was, they had a lot of work involved in getting it fixed to make it Hogan-less due to the current issues swirling around.

• Agree Agree x 1