1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow! Uncontacted tribes still exist!

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hs-uncontacted-tribes-firing-bows-arrows.html

These guys are located in a remote section of a rainforest and are only seeing an airplane for the first time. Or rather, the second--the plane passed by this area before, but nobody believed the tribe was there.

According to the article, there are about a hundred such tribes left in the world, mostly in South America. As much as history shows we should probably leave them alone, that may be decided without our permission. Deforestation continues to this day, whether legally or not, and several of the tribes are hunting on land other people have purchased and want cleared. The biggest danger here is that these people, like the Native Americans when they got introduced to settlers, have no immunity to the common cold and would probably die from an outside visit.

2. Dynamite XI

Dynamite XI Whoa, where have I been?

You'd think the United Nations would step in to protect these people, although I don't know what exactly they could do. International politics would certainly fall into play, and not necessarily for the better.

Regardless, just the fact that these remote groups even exist is amazing in and of itself. Must be exciting for the anthropologists studying them.

3. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

Um, this isn't news to me. I hear about this stuff all the time. Especially in missionary reports. The weirdest thing is when they learn to communicate and they already have knowledge about specific Bible stories when they had no outside connections. Like the story of Adam and Eve [with different names of course], or the story of Noah's ark. Its usually the really old ones like that.

4. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

It's pretty interesting, but we shouldn't really get involved.

5. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Exactly.

If we were to get involved any farther than stopping loggers from wiping them out, we'd end up wiping them out anyways from disease and by forcing our 21st century way of thinking on their 8000 BC way of thinking.

6. madhair60

madhair60 Member

Ha, Daily Mail.