1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow, this guy really hates Sk8er Boi Jughead

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

8 Reasons Why Jughead's Skate Punk Makeover Was a Huge Mistake - Topless Robot - Nerd news, humor and self-loathing.

I don't have any of the issues this guy has. Yes, it was weird, but the character had just come off Jughead's Diner, and to me soy burgers and giant robots appearing for no reason seemed normal in comparison.

I know most of the "new" characters were token minorities meant to fulfill a PC quota and make Daryl feel good about himself. I don't care. They worked for me.

"Yowza" was not a Jughead catchphrase. "Yowza" was a Daryl Edelman catchphrase that he just integrated into all his books, because.....Daryl, that's why.

And EVERYONE hated the hair. They got hate mail during the comic's run about the hair. They had to change it back as quickly as the backlog would permit it.

He wisely tiptoed around Sassy. Good move. You mess with Sassy, you mess with me.

2. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

[​IMG]

This could be one of the most bluntly PC pictures that ever existed. It's anti-racist, pro-gay (look at those fashions and the pink sky), anti-ageist, anti-ableist (You've got two disabilities shown living it up, and one is blind guy on a skateboard), anti-appearance discrimination (fat guy and Big Ethel), pro-counterculture, pro-animal-rights (no leash or collar on the dog), and pro-environment. And possibly anti-nuke.