1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you renew a Hanna-Barbera cartoon ?

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Dale, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Dale

Dale Member

Would you renew a Hanna-Barbera cartoon?
    What would you call it?

2. straw_hat

straw_hat Active Member

The Secret Squirrel segment of 2 Stupid Dogs and that's pretty much it.

3. TheBlueHombre

TheBlueHombre Member

Great thread idea, by the way. I thought about it for a couple of days before I responded.

Being the world's biggest Huckleberry Hound fan, I have two Huck projects that I would love to see happen.

1. A series called "Huck Hound, Private Detective." Instead of being in different occupations in every cartoon, Huck would be a private detective investigating a case for different H-B characters. For example, Yogi Bear walks into Huck's office and says he can't find his "pic-a-nic basket." Huck Hound would be on the case.

2. I always thought it would have been a good homage to "Forrest Gump" to have a movie called "Forrest Huck." In the film, Huck sits on a park bench and recalls how he was involved in different moments in animation history. For example, he would have been a crewmate on the boat that Mickey Mouse sailed in "Steamboat Willie." Show him helping out the Coyote by delivering his packages to him in the desert. He could have been involved with "Snow White." The whole idea would be to parody "Forrest Gump", but relate it to the animation world.

My other idea is one that I am surprised has not surfaced at Warner Brothers. Pairing up the classic Looney Tunes characters with the classic Hanna-Barbera characters in a fun made-for-DVD movie. Can you imagine Bugs Bunny with a picnic basket in Jellystone Park? Yogi Bear and Bugs Bunny pitted against each other and trying to outdo the other. Huckleberry Hound could be Ranger Smith's new assistant and his first assignment is to apprehend the Tasmanian Devil. Quick Draw McGraw and Baba Looey could stage an old wild west stage show in the park and recruit Daffy Duck to help them out with the gun shooting finale. Daffy would get shot over and over again and get more upset. Quick Draw wouldn't have a clue that he keeps shooting him and gets all riled at Daffy getting riled. The possibilities are endless.

4. Eric Brown

Eric Brown Member

How about these?

1). Peter Potamus as a Hollywood artifacts treasure hunter (ala; Indiana Jones).
    2). Yogi Bear as an owner of an RV park and former Ranger Smith as Yogi's primary antagonist. Have other H-B characters show up in park.
    3). Breezly Bear and Sneezly running a "fish bar" (saloon) in the arctic.
    4). An updated version of "The Space Kidettes". Keep the characters "cute". No hard edge as in the futuristic Looney Tunes characters.
    5). Jinx and Pixie/Dixie as a retro rock group, as spin off off of the Kellogg's raisin bran mop top commercials from the middle sixties. Have them at "creative difference" odds to keep the mutual antagonistic theme going.
    6). Updated Snooper and Blabber. Still detectives.
    7). Top Cat as a "Donald Trump" type. Top Cat finally making it to the top, but still scheming and wheeling/dealing. Primary antagonist? How about a "Martha Stewart" type?

I'd keep each cartoon to 11 minutes or less. Top Cat may be able to do 22 minutes.
    The question is interesting to think about.

5. Burdette25159

Burdette25159 Member

Frankenstein JR! Because it was axed before it's time. With some changes: 1st it should be set in the 1980's. 2nd. Buzz Conroy becomes a nerdy girl. 3rd. Give her a sidekick.

#5 Burdette25159, Nov 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2005
  6. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Active Member

I would like to see "Swat Cats" renewed, that was a very good and original sci-fi series. :cool:

7. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I also agree that Swat Kats gets renewed.

8. Geezil

Geezil Out Here

Just keep 'em (and you know who " 'ey" are) from ever playing it back-to-back with "Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law." (Sorry.)

But I like that idea of yours too. :D

9. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

I've had an idea about reviving the Kiddettes, except that they wouldn't be so small & "cute". Instead, we'd have some pre-teens on a space station, forced to take charge after a galactic crisis kills their parents. Capt. Skyhook would be looking to take over the station, but is repeatedly thwarted by the resourceful Kiddettes.

Whaddya think?

10. mojokingbee1

mojokingbee1 Active Member

I'm reposting my previous idea of a Hanna Barbera action show called "The HBs" consisting of 5 characters...

Secret Squirrel - Leader and Spy
    Touche Turtle - Sword master
    Ricochet Rabbit - Speed and Gun master
    Hong Kong Phooey - Kung-fu Master
    Atom Ant - Flying and Strength

Unlike "Loonatics Unleashed", The characters will retain their original looks. (Maybe give Secret his '93 "2 Stupid Dogs" look.) And sometimes, Other HB Characters appear and give them a hand. And not somebody predictable like Scooby-Doo or Fred Flintstone, I mean cameos like in "Yogi's Treasure Hunt".
    Characters like their past sidekicks (Morocco Mole, Dum Dum, Droop-a-Long) Snooper and Blabber, Yippee Yappee and Yahooey, Even Scooter Rabbit (From the Quick Draw McGraw cartoon of the same name). Sounds like an OK idea.

11. Ultra8

Ultra8 Now all I/You can do

Swat Cats
    Blue Falcon- Toonami used to have a web-comic of a more modern version of Blue Falcon & Dynomutt that I always thought might make a good series.

12. Bakertoons

Bakertoons One Sly Princess
    Staff Member Moderator

I like the Top Cat/Donald Trump idea. That could be a good Adult Swim idea.

13. Mittenz

Mittenz Loud.Electronic.Ferocious .

Same here. I have ideas for a new soundtrack for that show.

:cool:

14. Anubis C. Soundwave

Anubis C. Soundwave Ruler of the World

My idea

The Impossibles shorts. It could easily be an action series. (w/comedy, of course.)

That, and Swat Kats.

15. Harlan_Phoenix

Harlan_Phoenix Active Member

Hey, I'd watch it.

16. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 Peanutized!!!

I'm going to just about make it unanimous that there should be a SWAT Kats revival.

If Loonatics Unleashed continues to do well for Kids' WB! Maybe Christian and Yvon Tremblay will ask (or be asked) to do a new version of SWAT Kats for the network.

Stranger things have happened. After all, look what happened to Scooby-Doo...

PeppeRaskell1
    "There just might be a silver lining in that Loonatics Black cloud..."

17. Manhunter

Manhunter Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy

Allow me to add my voice to the call for a SWAT Kats revival.

18. Darth-geister

Darth-geister Member

I agree that they have to revive Swat Kats, the Bommerang from here haven't put Swat Kats yet and i want to watch it again.

19. mojokingbee1

mojokingbee1 Active Member

You guys must REALLY love Swat Cats.

20. Mittenz

Mittenz Loud.Electronic.Ferocious .

That's what happens when a show gets to be that awesome.

:anime: