Would making an episode an "event" boost ratings?

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Lanmanna, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Lanmanna

Lanmanna New Member

It seems like Nick(and sometimes Disney) is always making regularly normal episodes of Spongebob, iCarly, etc into these big events. Should CN do the same thing?

2. Kool345

Kool345 Starting at 8/7c on ABC

It has proven to be successful on CN. They did that with Fionna and Cake and the season 1 finale of Mystery Inc. and those episodes pulled in higher than normal ratings

3. mordecai321

mordecai321 New Member

I wish they promoted "Terror Tales of the Park" and the new "Replaced" episode more of Regular Show. Don't they think fans would like to see a Ostrich and a Possum take M+R's job.

4. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator

Sure, as long as they are actual "event" episodes. Nickelodeon really seems to go crazy with calling most of their new SpongeBob or iCarly episodes "events", when there really isn't much special to a lot of them, and I think that's starting to take a toll on their ratings.

But if there are more episodes for their shows that do feel out of the ordinary or particularly special, by all means, promote them as such.

5. Kool345

Kool345 Starting at 8/7c on ABC

Nick does go overboard by promoting almost every new iCarly and Spongebob as events. Cartoon Network can easily work well with some episodes. Disney Channel has a success usually doing so.

6. Reserved Nutcase

Reserved Nutcase Too Nutty For the Nuthouse

I'd think so, come to think of it, it's always Nick who's making a big event out of every new episode their shows. Disney Channel sometimes too (though I barely watch the channel these days except for the occasional Have-a-Laugh and movie, so I'm not entirely sure), Cartoon Network, not nearly as much (well except for their live action shows maybe, but even then their ratings still pale compared to what Disney and Nick normally get). But it still does work with CN as Kool345 stated in Post #2, the animated shows that get made into such a 'big event' seem to do better than usual in ratings.

7. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

That's probably because those WERE events.

8. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

That's what he said.

9. DuckTwacy

DuckTwacy French phone.

Well, like others are saying, it probably could work, providing the episodes that were being promoted were actual events, and they didn't do it as often as Nick. Because with Nick it's really starting to get sort of obnoxious :shrug:.