Would like some help tracking down a cartoon.

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by HPDre, Jun 4, 2017.

1. HPDre

HPDre New Member

I am trying to find a movie that I only saw once, back when I was a kid. I am pretty sure it was a movie, because I am fairly certain it was one of those after school specials on a Saturday morning that was only aired once, as far as I know. The phrase "Saturday morning rocks" comes to mind when trying to remember this, but that probably doesn't help at all and might be an incorrect memory.

All I remember about this animated feature is that the premise was about Rock'n Roll saving the world/universe. It was pretty dark, with neon-y laser bits, maybe. I recently saw Rock & Rule and it seems like that could have been it, but I don't think that kind of movie would have been shown in a time block aimed at kids.

For a time frame, I think it was around the time that Galaxy High School was on the air, which I believe was '86. The movie itself might be older, but that's around when I could have seen it, since I would have been around 6-7 and fits memories of where I was living at the time. It likely was also CBS over ABC or NBC. If any of this narrows things down. Thanks in advance to anyone that has any idea what I am even talking about.

2. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

What you might've seen may've been a commercial for "Rock & Rule", which would've been a short-term promotion at best. Other than that, I can't help you.