Would anyone like a new Brave and The Bold-type cartoon...

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by Dusty, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

First, I love Batman the Brave and The Bold, I am sad it is ending. Now I hear they are making another Bat-centric toon (I'll give it a shot before passing any kind of judgement, and I know they are making them to tie in to the movies) but I am getting kind of bored with all these Batman centric shows, again don't get me wrong I love Batman and I absolutley loved "The Batman" and "BM:TBATB" but I think DC should do a series featuring more DC heroes, and maybe call it something like "DC Presents: The Brave and The Bold" or something like that, and have the show not just have one hero be in every episode, have heroes like Cyborg and The Flash work together in one episode (the format could be similar to BATB, in the way they had the beginning of the show feature Bats and another DC hero, then the credits roll and you have the main feature.) Just imagine the team-up combinations or heroes who could appear, I for one would love to have WW team up with Starfire or something, or Flash team up with Beast Boy, if DC did a show like this I think it would not only be successful, more importantly it would be awesome!
    What do you guys think?

Note: if anyone doesn't agree with or like my idea, please be civil and polite about it, I am really just curious about whether or not anyone else would like a show like the one I mentioned, or has other ideas to share, thanks. :)

D.

2. suss2it

suss2it New Member

I'd definitely be on board for something like that. It'd be even better if they used all the characters DC obtained from the likes of Milestone, Wildstorm and Charleton.

3. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

Yes,Yes,and Yes :anime:
    It's important to showcase more DC Heroes

4. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Cool, I am glad I am not the only one who would like a show like this. Truthfully I thought I would get beaten with sticks for bringing it up, lol, and yeah suss2it, I would love to have Blue Beetle and Static and everyone DC now owns. But I would want them all to have their more classic/original costume designs, (not the new DCnU look that is now happening.)

D.

5. suss2it

suss2it New Member

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the "The New 52" looks get animated. Green Arrow and Superman's redesigns I think look pretty cool. But aside from Bats and Superman losing their trunks, the redesigns aren't really that drastic.

6. Monte

Monte Active Member

So like brave and the bold, but without centering the show around any one character. Ya I could totally get behind that. Its true that a lot of DC heroes do not get much love in media...

Though granted I'd prefer a more serious tone similar to JLU than the lighter tone of brave and the bold. And I'm not sure about always coming up with random team ups; Tend to prefer those characters who have some history teaming up since they can play off well against eachother; plus certain characters teaming up can help for showing development.

7. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

I highly doubt it will ever happen, but I really just want a Showcase anthology series. The same exact format as the Showcase shorts we got on the dvd's except two shorts and maybe a teaser with a well known hero. All new material. For example:

Teaser: Aquaman = 2 mins

Short 1: Zatanna = 8-10 mins
    Short 2: Sgt. Rock = 8-10 mins

8. Aaron

Aaron New Member

Awesome!

So, LIKE TBaTB, but without a focus.
    So, Different heroes all the time.

I like what someone else said too about having a Showcase style show.

I'd like to combine both concepts, and have the a showcase style teaser, with out main episode involving the various team-ups.
    But having them all connected over time. Like even though it would feature various team-ups, it would be connected by a through-line story-arc. This would lead to a huge team-up season finale.

Call it something like "DC Universe".
    Heck they could use it to market the DC Universe Online game.

I'd be totally excited for a show like this.

9. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

Personally, I'd like to see a DC Comics Presents series. For those who don't know, that was basically The Brave and the Bold but with Superman as the recurring hero instead of Batman. The idea that Dusty suggested is an OK one, but TV execs aren't big on anthologies; they feel that viewers need at least 1 familiar face who appears every week that fans can latch on to, and perhaps more importantly in their eyes, shows with no regular characters are hard to merchandise.

10. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!

A Justice League International spin-off show from Brave & the Bold would seem to satisfy almost all these requests AND be awesome to boot, especially if they can get J.M. DeMatteis to write a few of 'em. Everyone associates that comic with "Bwah-hah-hah" and silliness, but I think they had plenty of serious, heavy stuff to go along with the character-driven comedy. Tonally, they're closer to what Brave & the Bold is doing anyway. Michael Jelenic has expressed interest in doing it, even.

And I would pay good money to make such a show happen, if only just to get more John DiMaggio's Aquaman.

11. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

The only difference that I have is that I'd rather see Wonder Woman finally get a chance to shine, instead of Superman. I wouldn't say that Superman has been overused in animation over the last couple of decades. But I just wish that Wonder Woman would finally get a chance to be the featured character in an animated series.

12. Desensitized

Desensitized Old School!

Yes, I want more TB&TB styled material. If it doesn't star Batman, then I can get over that, but I would love to have more shows in the same basic style.

13. Master Toon

Master Toon New Member

Just to clarify, you mean each episode features a different hero or hero team up, yes? If that's the case I'd love to see that.

14. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

I was going to mention a "DC Presents" idea but I couldn't remember the exact name of the original book, thanks for refreshing my memory. I myself am all for a show that would showcase any DC hero, and maybe instead of it being random heores they could do it where a C-list Hero teams up with a different A-list or B-list hero every week. (A-list and B-list being: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, GL, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, etc, etc.)
    (C-list being: Static Shock, Etrigan, Cyborg, Swamp Thing, Elastic Man, Sgt. Rock, Stripe, Starman, Vigilante, Jonah hex, Superboy, Robin, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, the list is endless.) ;)

I am not actually 100% positive who is an A-lister or C-lister. The above, was all just guesstimation, lol.

D.

15. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

Awesome thread Dusty which I so agree with your great ideas/comments which I hope for an awesome future DC superhero series featuring Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman(Batman:The Brave And The Bold's hilarious version), The Flash, or Captain Marvel teaming up with various superheroes, seeing more of their rogues galleries, and have the same style/character designs as Batman:The Brave And The Bold or a brand new fascinating animation style/character designs which would be amazing since Batman and his rogues galleries are so overused(actually I wouldn't mind seeing more of my Catwoman/The Scarecrow/Killer Croc though) and that those superheroes will have their spotlight chance to shine:D:D!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2011
  16. Dayspring

Dayspring New Member

I'd love to see a Captain Marvel show in the same vein as Brave And The Bold.

I've been wanting a DC Showcase anthology show for years, though. Except instead of one continuity, I'd like to see it pick from several existing and non-existing series (ie: 10 mins of DCAU, 5 mins of "Tiny Titans", 10 mins of something completely new; switch from ep to ep as needed).

17. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Thanks for the nice comments Radical, :D and Dayspring those are great ideas too, :) Though I think I would rather the entire show be either in: JL animated style, BATB style, or a completely new style. hmmmm...

D.

18. edward10

edward10 New Member

I would like another team-up show but more modern like the dcau

19. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

I think a show continuing where Batman: The Bave and the Bold or the DC Showcase Shorts left off would be great. Watching the Superman/Shazam! short made me want something like this so much...

Until then we've got Young Justice to show off some characters.

20. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

YJ is okay, but it is no where near any other DC show. It is too "Teen Angsty" IMO,
    I want a more fun and serious DC show, with tons of characters, but I don't really want another JLU though, (JLU was cool, but I want something a little less dark, but they can use the character designs from JLU though.)

D.