1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Update Ever

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Only seven pages this week, and out of those, only four finished?? I deserve to be shot. (But not fatally.) Lately there has been either a new cartoon or a new article, never both. This isn't intended to be a trend and I hope to get back to normal next week.

In my defense, I didn't have time to make anything because the majority of what I did this week went into what is officially announced in the cartoon: THE BOOK. It is in fact completely done; I wanted to make sure everything in the process went smoothly before I said one was coming, just in case some hideous hang-up made me change my mind. You can't get it just yet, though.....it's coming in a few weeks. And yes, it will be $9.99 despite what some others say.

Speaking of those others....the Gruff Executive Guy With No Name appears this week for the first time in a long time. Some of you who came recently might not even know who that is. He used to show up all the time, but recently his appearances have been more sparse....ever since the creation of Mulberry. The problem is right there, and it's evident in this week's comic: this character only works when everyone's afraid of him, and Mulberry fears no one. As Mulberry has become the site's mascot, the Executive Guy has gradually disappeared.

You might also notice some things like no other people in the airport and the fact that the schedule only has two listings on it...that's because of time as well. I had to either leave it unfinished or make no update--just like for the other three pages. I put up the other three for the impatient, but please DON'T read them--by tomorrow night they should be complete and you'll get the proper show I intended.

2. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

Might I ask what the contents of this book might be? I've read your "Every Cartoon Series I've Ever Worked On" page a few times and a lot of it intrigues me.

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

The contents are the first six months' worth of material the site had. There really have been 2,000 pages of cartoons so far, and the first year had the most since there was no "vacation break." My original plan was to release them in yearly volumes like "The Complete 2001" and such, but that proved impractical. Year 1 had over 400 pages of stuff!

So, I split it in half, but it's still hefty--228 pages in all; you'll get your money's worth if you want to purchase one. The books will release everything in chronological order, including the sloppy and embarrassing stuff I don't want on the site. If it ran here, you'll finally be able to see it--that's the deal. Plus, my favorite articles from the same time period. "Thrilling Origin Adventures" covers February through July 2001.

4. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

Sounds good! Expect me to buy a copy.

5. madhair60

madhair60 Guest

I'm sold, especially since it's only £5 over here :p