1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Songs of 2010

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Toon Master, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

It's that time of the year again (no I'm not talking about Christmas). I mean that It's time to discuss the Worst Songs of 2010 (YAY!..?). This is the wonderful time of year when we can all think back to wanting to bust our heads to get rid of anything to do with Justin Bieber and his horrific songs like "Baby" or wanting to chop our ears off when we heard songs like "Like a G6" by Far East Movement or "Shake" by Jesse McCartney.

Discuss it all here and don't forget to include the physical punishment you did to yourself when hearing anything that you thought was garbage from mainstream music this year. Wait.....don't include any of that in your posts.....just discuss.

Don't forget to add the reason why you hated the song you picked. Listing is not allowed.

Have a fun time discussing and enjoy what fellow members have to say! :D

2. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Justin Bieber's "Baby" is really, really bad. "Hey, let's repeat the same lyric over an over, mix in 'oh,' and get Ludacris in there." Why can't they just write something decent? I also can't STAND Willow Smith's "I Whip my Hair Back and Forth." It's amazing how mocked it is at my school. I seriously fail to see the point of the song. "I Whip my Hair Back and Forth." Okay... so? Why say that? Katy Perry's "California Girls" also bugs me, mainly because I can't stand Katy Perry's singing. That's all I can think of for now, I'll have some more later.

3. Toon Master

I agree with you 100 percent. I'm lucky because I have not heard this song on the radio ONCE. Listen to how many times "I Whip My Hair back and forth" is sang by Willow Smith in the song and you will think "Baby" by Justin Bieber is a blessing.

Actually no. They are both equal on the stupidity meter.

4. Red TF Ranger

Red TF Ranger Member

Here`s a little bit of information that will scare the heck out of you guys.I`m even going to type it all in big,bold capital letters and exclamation points to emphasize the horror...

Ready?...

WILLOW SMITH IS SET TO TOUR WITH JUSTIN BEIBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

6. Toon Master

What does Speakers Going Hammer even mean? Did he just walk in with a dictionary and pick out three random words that just so happen to be those three?

People make song titles out of any words these days. Even with the intent to spell them wrong.

Take the awful song "California Gurls" by Katy Perry with Snoop Dogg for instance. Why did they spell girls with a u? Was there a point? No....the people working on the song were being complete idiots.

7. Lelouch

Lelouch Fallen Prince
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Err, the people working on her song couldn't have been idiots considering it was a hit. Don't mistake this for me saying a hit=quality, because I am not, but I'm sure when they were writing/recording the song they weren't going for the most intellectual piece ever. "Like a G6" is probably one of my favorite songs of the year, it has a great beat and is fun to party with.

8. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There have been three songs in particular from this year that I strongly dislike- "California Gurls" by Katy Perry, "Eenie Meenie" by Justin Bieber and Sean Kingston, and "Can't Be Tamed" by Miley Cyrus.

I'm not one for popular music today, but whenever I hear any of these songs, I start to cringe a little. "California Gurls" has an irritating chorus and one of the least inspired rap breaks I've ever heard. While I'm not a fan of Snoop Dogg, I'll be the first to admit that he can be pretty funky if he wants to, but his performance sounds completely phoned in. Katy's is just as weak. I also do admittingly have a bit of bias against the idea that California girls are the best, being a Floridian, but even if I was from Cali, I would probably dislike the song all the same.

The lyrics of "Eenie Meenie" are lame beyond belief. "She's indecisive/she can't decide"... really? Never mind the fact that "Shawty is an eenie meenie minie mo lover" is something even a nursery school student would find to be stupid.

And everything about "Can't Be Tamed" just seems off to me. Miley's horrible use of autotune makes her voice sound even more artificial than usual, the stupid Gaga-esque video doesn't fit her at all(nor would it fit anyone's, for that matter), and the rest of the song sounds like Flo-Rida's leftovers. At least "Party in the USA" is memorable, but even her insane fanbase couldn't save this song from being a bomb.

I could probably think of a few other songs from this year, but these are the first to come to mind. The funny thing is, ask me what three of my least favorite songs from 2009 are, and they would probably be "Hot N' Cold", "Party in the USA", and "Use Somebody". So it looks like my list would be pretty similar.

9. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Justin Bieber is the most divisive public figure we've had since Barney. To anyone above 16, he is extremely uncool and his fame completely baffling. Yet here he is on Barbara Walters and every adult-aimed publication and he's been nominated for a Grammy. Why? Because 12-year-olds said so? Since when are they the bosses of us?

10. Spaceman

Spaceman I Am Here

"Blah Blah Blah" by Ke$hameful would be my #1 pick if I thought it was actually a song, which it isn't. More like an aural apparatus for human brutality.

"Baby I Like It" by Enrique Iglesias deserves a mention simply because I thought it was a Bieber song at first. How can a 35-year-old man sound so prepubescent?

As far as bands I follow, "Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever)" by Muse is outrageously awful and way below their standards. It being on the Eclipse soundtrack is no excuse because nearly every other song on that soundtrack is decent-to-awesome. Apparently this song came about when Matt Bellamy broke up with his long-time girlfriend... if THIS is what Matt produces with a broken heart, then maybe he should stick to writing gloomy apocalyptic songs when he's happy.

11. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

While that's a weird thought, I disagree, I actually liked it because it feels pretty epic.

The worst song I've heard so far is probably "Say You'll Haunt Me" by Stone Sour. It's surprisingly bland and empty for a band led by Corey Taylor. There's just nothing special about it unlike their previous songs.

12. chalmers

chalmers Role Model

There is nothing special about anything Corey Taylor has ever done. All the stuff I've heard from him is just more examples of the generic nu-metal based junk that has inundated the mainstream rock radio airwaves this decade.

13. ThisGuyTony

ThisGuyTony Member

I'll have to say "Like A G6." I don't know who sings it but it is so annoying! And the lyrics seem overused and too simple ("Put your hands up,") and it doesn't help that my radio station plays it every single hour!

What else? Anything by Taylor Swift. Like "Mine." Really? How many songs about love can you make? I'm surprised people haven't gotten bored of her songs since they all seem to be about the same thing.

And that's all I can think of at the moment. :sweat:

14. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Far East Movement is the name of the group. It's a good song if you're in a club or party, but for other listening purposes, like in the car or you're just want to listen to some good music, I wouldn't play that song.

I agree, it seems as though her latest album is just about whining about past loves.

15. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

The funny thing about the song is that it features Dev, who has a song called "Booty Bounce" (actually, a pretty catchy song), and they actually sampled that song (actually, just the end of the second verse), despite the fact that that song was slowly getting some popularity.

I'm surprised that she didn't mind getting the popularity stolen by sampling her song. :shrug:

16. Red TF Ranger

Red TF Ranger Member

Any song by Ke$ha is going to suck.Whenever I turn on the radio in the car and hear her intoxicated warbles of "grmflaughnlamnororgalah"(don`t even ask me what that means,because I have no clue) I promptly turn it off.

"Baby I like It"also deserves some mention because it kind of advocates cheating..after all the song mentions Tiger Woods and Jessie James!

My local radio station sucks anymore.They`ll quit playing great songs like Breaking Benjamin`s"Give me a Sign" but have no problem playing the same crappy songs almost 20 times a day..I have heard Train`s "Hey Soul Sister"so much that I want to strangle Pat Monahan..

17. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

Califorina Gurls by Katy Perry. I don't like Katy Perry. I was tortured earlier from her equally insipid "Waking Up in Vegas", which was rerun every hour at my work's radio. It was a blessing that the radio finally broke.

I don't like her voice, I don't like her image, and what the devil was up with the music video of California Gurls?!

18. Martin Juneau

Martin Juneau Cartoon/comic-artist

Actually, i like this song. But so far i'm disappointed it was include in the last Twilight feature soundtrack when Mint aired in a loop every songs from the movie franchise one day.

Any songs from Ke$ha, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and all of the like; Completely STIFF!

And a honorable mention to GaƩtan Roussel with his song Help Myself. Hey! It's pure frenglish made for be cool and edgy. I don't understand why such a awful song can be on air and playing many times for months. Worst part of it, it was one of the summer hits. Go figure!

19. Philmister978

Philmister978 Alvight, you vin

You guys already listed quite a few that I hate or simply refuse. But I'm surprised no one mentioned this:

TiK ToK. Earlier this year, I was tortured with it during every gym class. and even when not in Gym class that damn song was playing more then I can bear.

And this is why I prefer the decades of the 70's 80's and 90's. mainly because even the ones with little to no talent back then had some dignity within. Plus they were more tolerable.

20. Martin Juneau

Martin Juneau Cartoon/comic-artist

The problem of the last decade is how little or no talents artists don't recognise what means shame.