1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Song In The Past Five Years

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by James Harvey, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Joe Tully

Joe Tully I want the toilet seat.

Ugh...I think it might be Dream Street, Maxie, but I won't ask since you said not too. ;) Yeah, I think they only exist through the crummy "Yours for only 19.95" commercials, but someone else can correct me if I'm wrong...I'm not much into current music as much of it repulses me. My reactions to the ads alternate between being amused with its cornyness and disgusted by it.

2. DerekPowers

DerekPowers Ruler of Gotham City, 2049

i'm with you bb, creed blows big time. i cant stand them, definately one of the worst bands in recent history to become semi-successful.

3. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

There is a pretty common thread running thru all of our least favorite songs....they are the ones that get over played on the radio! There have been songs I thought I liked when I first heard them on the radio then suddenly it was on all the time and I got so sick of it. The list of songs I truly loathe because of that over the last five years is too long to list!

4. Stardust

Stardust Is it Friday yet?

ugh britney. she's the devil's spawn.

ew i'm evil.

and as much as i like backstreet boys, their songs have been getting worse and worse as their fame increases. and nsync....and any of those pop bands. they're horrible.

Mariah Carey <~~ used to be able to sing, now she just........doesn't? (sorry to any Mariah fans!) ever since the Butterfly album, her songs just went down the drain.

5. Nightflower

Nightflower Floral Mod Extraordinaire

I'm no Mariah fan, in fact, I barely know anything about her, but I think her problem is that she went from being like a diva (like Celine) with songs like "Hero", to competing with teen pop sensations like Britney Spears and people like that. But the problem is she's too old to play dress-up skank like that. That, and she makes terrible movies!

6. BWDK

BWDK Gotham's Knight

Don't diss Britney, diss Christina and all other blond Britney Wanna-bees! She's awesome (yes even her music, you should listen to the new album)

Here are my ideas for the worst songs:

Anything made by the Barenaked Ladies and Uncle Cracker (YUCK! I hate that fat dude!)

7. Oracle

Oracle All seeing, all knowing...

Well you and I must have completely different tastes BWDK, because I love BNL (although 'One Week' was majorly overplayed) and can't stand Britney Spears. I'm so pissed off that she had the audacity to remake Joan Jett's 'I Love Rock and Roll'. I'm not a big fan of N'Sync or BSB either. Actually, I'm starting to listen to a lot of 80s music instead of recent stuff.

8. BWDK

BWDK Gotham's Knight

I like Britney and it will stay that way no matter what ppl say.

BTW her version of "I like Rock'n Roll" is way better than original :)
    And I also like to listen to Nsync and Backstreet Boys. (although I'm a guy but that's just my tast of music, I don't like the ballades though, only the upbeat stuff)

9. JustJack

JustJack Just Odd

Anything Pop, most country, and MOST punk. Anything punk is simply hypocritical.....that bothers me. They're FOR everything they're AGAINST...only in a different way!? just stupid...

10. Captain Caps

Captain Caps Active Member

Joan Jett, Britney and Rock 'N' Roll...

*Gratuitous Self-Promotion*

For further insight into the Britney Spears/Joan Jett/"I Love Rock 'N' Roll" conflict, head on over to The Story Board and read "A Very Wakko Thanksgiving", written by me, Brainatra and Dr. Belch. You want to know who wins in the battle? Hint: She was making records when the other was just in diapers.

Sincerely,

John "Captain Caps" Kilduff

11. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Any song from Enrique Inglesias makes my want to gag.
    I almost forgot that Britney Spears "Drive me Crazy" with her stupid songs that keep on repeating themselves. C'mon the lyrics are not even well though out. same stuff over and over. She sounds like a broken record player. Imagin her actually singing without lipsinging to her music...scary thought!
    Mariah Carey should actually consider quiting or leaving the music business by now...she is sooo passé. Get a new beat and look then maybe miracles can happen.