1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst school year ever

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by SuperStantzio, Mar 13, 2017.

1. SuperStantzio

SuperStantzio Member

What was the worst school year you ever had? Mines was the 10th grade year. I failed Basic Algebra we had a lot of fights we only got homecoming dance no winterfest or spring fling dances.

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Back in grade school I really hated both 5 and 8th grade. The former I just can't look back positively without being annoyed everything that happened that year was either so annoying or just irritating, I just didn't like the class in general and for the most part my teacher was constantly nagging.

8th Grade was another year that I always dislike because I found myself the one who was the worst, I was really immature and did what I can't stand general today of most people worry about reputation. I'm glad I learned from my past mistakes there to never do that stuff again.

3. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

7th grade (officially called "1ste jaar van het secundair onderwijs" here)

I had to go to a new school. I had no friends. My parents were constantly in a fight, and my twin brother suddenly stopped eating properly.

8th grade was when I found friends. Many problems continued but at least I had proper friends so I honestly find that year way less worse that 7th grade. It was terrible for me being pretty much alone for an entire year.

9th grade was heaven. Same with all school years that weren't 7th or 8th grade.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #3 Red Arrow :D, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  4. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

For me, it was fifth grade back in the 2008-2009 school year. Oh god, I HATE that time period. Horrible teachers, bad friends, constantly getting written up for no good reason, getting no recess almost every day, often being made fun of....may I need to say more? Good, because I don't EVER want to think about fifth grade again.

The 2014-2015 school year would be the second worst, and that was back when I was in eleventh grade. While I did had some great friends to talk to and most of my teachers were pleasant and laid back, it still wasn't a good school year for me. Nearly everyone in my high school was so obnoxious and irritating, not to mention the unnecessary fights I've often seen every day. Also, a girl I had a huge crush on used me to get what she wanted. I don't know why I was such a love-struck fool towards her, but all I got to say is: thank goodness that I had the brains AND guts to know that she wasn't worth my time. I've quickly dumped her and haven't talk to her ever since (and I'm so glad to be in college now, knowing that there are WAY more mature and kindhearted girls than my own high school!).

#4 Cartoon Ruler, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  5. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I have been crying for at least an hour. For some reason I never try to think of those two years and tonight I made some kind of recap in my head, for the first time, thanks to this thread. I have made many new insights.

I am pretty proud of what I have done with my life. I was 13 years old in 2010 and I didn't even have my parents to help me. They were to busy with their almost-divorce. I had no choice but to grow up quickly and that is what I did.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

I feel really sorry for you, Red Arrow. I'm glad you're in a better position now.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Basically all of high school. The less I say about it, the better.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. SuperStantzio

SuperStantzio Member

12 grade we had a strike and most of the students were acting up a tv was thrown downstairs trash cans were set on fire and Ms Houchins was sent a raccoon head in her mail to her house,

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

All of elementary school for me was pretty bad, but sixth grade was easily the worst. Fourth and especially fifth grade were pretty bad too, but sixth grade was a living nightmare for me. I had always been bullied back then. It seemed like I got a new bully every year starting in the first grade, but this bully just went out of their way to make every day awful for me. I was threatened, I was punched and kicked, rocks and garbage were thrown at me and I was harassed pretty frequently by this same kid. And I still remember what caused him to target me. It was a P.E. class and kids were picking people for their teams, which is already terrible for obvious reasons. No one wanted to pick me, but he was calling out for a partner. I came up to him fairly happy since I was the only person left, but he flat out said it wouldn't be a good idea if we teamed up, ignored me and just kept on calling for someone to be his partner. I walked away crying and then shouted at him to shut up because of what he did. He might have targeted at me regardless of what I did, but I feel like that made him want to bully on me specifically because of what happened then. He was a jerk to pretty much everyone, but I recall that he did a lot just to me.

The staff was pretty awful about it too. I remember the teacher herself was a nice lady, much nicer than my fifth grade teacher, but the principal and staff members would just not be helpful at all. They'd often focus on how I could change my reactions or just emphasis the whole ignore them approach, which was stupid then and it's stupid now. There were times where the ladies in the office didn't want me in there because I'd talk with them or respond to their conversations, even though I needed to have a safe place to go. There was one time I came to the principal crying because of a situation and he just left me sitting in the middle of the cafeteria. It was not a good day back then. Also, I'm pretty sure that they didn't want to do anything more to the bully because they didn't want to be another school that kicked him out, despite how he really should have given how much he harassed me.

There was the usual people making fun of me for appearance and weight, but this was the year where people made fun of me for liking Pokemon a lot. That might have started in the fifth grade, but they went all out during this year. That had been an issue since at least third grade, if not first, but it really kicked up during fourth, fifth and sixth grade. It wasn't quite as bad as people shouting to me that Snoopy is dead because of Charles Schulz's passing, but people were following me around to bash on Pokemon and spread crazy rumors. I think that the dumbest one was when they said that the creator of Pokemon shot people for not liking the games or something nonsensical like that. I knew that it wasn't true, but people were following me around to bother me and it was really upsetting. One of the more annoying things about this is that someone told me that we were too old for Pokemon. We were twelve, still relatively within the target demographic for the series, and these were the same people who got on my case for liking Peanuts instead of Pokemon just two years prior. That angered and confused me because it made me think "What do you people want from me?" And this is why I don't talk about my interests to people outside of the Internet unless I really feel comfortable around them.

I had meltdowns/emotional breakdowns so frequently that I was able to memorize the phone number to my Mom's school really fast. She would drop me off before going to work and I would imagine myself shouting back to her "Please take me with you!" as she drove away. Twelve is a pretty tough age for a lot of people, but it felt like time was moving so slowly that I'd be twelve forever, which was a fate worst than death as far as I was concerned. Even now, being stuck as a twelve year old would be pretty horrible.

The only good things that came from that year were getting an official diagnosis for Asperger's Syndrome and graduating from it since I'd never have to go there again. Even now, it was changed to a preschool a few years ago, so that awful place no longer exists outside of my memories. High school is often considered terrible, but if I could survive elementary school, I could survive practically anything else that the education system threw at me. I still carry a lot of emotional damage from those years and I don't think it can be healed completely, but I try to keep going on in spite of that.

10. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Lot's of bad years for me, I'll just try to be blunt. Second grade was pretty bad but 2002 was a pretty huge blank for me seriously can not remember anything good happening for me back then. This is also the only bad year where I had a bad teacher. She was always so blunt and unclear about what she wanted and I did pretty bad. I could say I had friends back then but I was shifting around a lot.

Fifth grade was probably the worst because I did not get along with anyone in my class and everyone was just terrible. On the plus side, the teacher I had that year was pretty awesome but I got so annoyed I ended going to an Art Magnet School just so I could avoid the people I hated.

Seventh was also really bad, I see it as the year my childhood basically ended and the start of my hatred of being around people, the beginnings of anxiety and depression. It felt like no matter what I'd do I could never get people to like me. While I did make some friends in school my best friend at the time was still going to the local school. Also, almost everyone in the school was out of control like no willingness to even learn. It was also a high school so I had to put up with immature high schoolers as well. I did have some interesting experiences but I just lost interest and got out the next year.

High School was fine there were some issues my Freshman year but my Junior and Senior years were my best as I eventually came to terms what I liked as a person and discovered something that could keep my attention for more than a month.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SuperStantzio

SuperStantzio Member

Oh I'm sorry that you had to go through that during your school years. I was harassed by this boy in the 8th grade and my parents had to come up to the school to get it taken care of.

12. SuperStantzio

SuperStantzio Member

And in my senior year in high school we had a school strike and the kids were acting up and garbage cans were set on fire and we didn't have a fashion show that year and I was mad about that. The class of 2002 got and we didn't because of the strike that was totally unfair too.

13. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

Freshman year of high school was bad for me because I decided to attend a private school and it was very different from my middle school in some aspects...I didn't fail classes or anything but I didn't feel right.

If college counts, 2009 in community college was horrible for me because I was retaking precalc and I was worried for the entire semester about failing it again.

14. Harmonie

Harmonie Foreverrrrr!

Anything bad about my pre-college years was just me being dramatic. I'd give anything to have that life again.

My college years have been full of personal issues that has made every single one of them bittersweet. I'm not really sure I can point at one as being the worst, but I can rundown a little bit of what happened during the most eventful of them.

My first year of college, things were really looking up for me... But that would change very quickly. In the first semester some very scary medical issues from my worst nightmare came out of the middle of nowhere. Then my grandfather had a heart attack, and we almost lost him. Then the dog I had grown up with suddenly got sick and passed away. All of that happened in the first semester.

By the second semester I had no hope left for the future. I should have handled everything better, but did not. I stayed in school (I had a scholarship which paid for all of my tuition, which I would lose), but was plagued with the mindset of "Nothing even matters anymore". I failed my first class ever - Freshman Comp II. This was partially because of said mindset, but also partially because I could not find a good subject to write a research paper for.

The second year, it...happened again. I repeated the same mistake, and failed Comp II again.This time it was directly related to my medical issues. When I was supposed to be doing my research paper (which I again could not find a good subject for), I was, to get really blunt, the closest I've ever been to wanting to end everything.

(On a somewhat brighter note, the next time I took Comp II, I got like a hundred in the class, and my research paper got signed to be used as a sample for the college. Weird how that happened. lol)

I remember the next semester, the person I loved left me (for the best looking back on it, because when I'm thinking like that, I don't deserve love, but I never mentioned that happening), and then I closed off that semester with a recital that made me never want to perform ever again, because my reed got dry and half of the piece did not sound. >.< (It took me literally seven years to try another recital).

The next year to be mentioned would be a few years later when I transferred to university. I attempted to major in music, to work nights, and commute all at once. It did not work. The year was marked with new experiences - getting to play in an orchestra for the first time, which was really flipping good. But I was not. I loved the school, I loved the professors... But I was not good enough. I dropped out completely and utterly defeated, knowing I'm not fit to be a musician, thinking for certain I would never try again.