Worst Adult Swim show

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Toon Master, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toon Master

Toon Master New Member

What is your opinion as the Worst Adult Swim show? I would have to pick 12 oz Mouse. This was the biggest abomination of a show i have ever seen in my entire lifetime. It was so bad that no words could even describe it and i cant even remember a single thing about it besides it having a mouse as the lead character.

EDIT: Yeah, the post I made here a year ago is terrible. Now I'm writing my posts better and I'm going to try to correct this one. I just really thought 12 oz Mouse was an abomination. The animation looked like a kid in pre-school had done it. The story was boring, and the characters really did not interest me at all. I had watched it a few times in the past to try to get into it and see if I would like it, but it just never did anything for me. Now I know there are people out there who did like the show, but I just wasn't one of them. That's really all I have to say. I hope this is much better and a big improvement from the post I made here last year.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
  2. Dr. Daedalus

Dr. Daedalus I presume.

I can see this thread becoming a big problem in a hurry if people don't explain their choices. And by that, I mean saying more than non-specific pejoratives like "It was horrible/terrible" and hyperbole like "Hooking your nipples up to a car battery is more fun than watching that trash". Bashing threads aren't allowed, so if you want this to stay open, come up with specific criticisms and don't flame what might be someone else's favorite show.

So, Toon Master, care to try again?

3. cuzin34

cuzin34 @AsapCuzin

this thread is probably going to get lock but i would have to say Tim & Eric show because its gross, it makes no sense, and its not funny.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010
  4. Beefy

Beefy It only hurts forever

In my lowly opinion: a show doesn't have to be the best looking as long as it can make up for it in the funny deptartment.

12 oz. Mouse and Assy McGee used to be the worst Adult Swim shows for me, then Delocated came along and claimed the worst spot.

As for why, it's hard for me to explain, I don't find Delocated funny. Jon is a selfish jerk who doesn't deserve to have a family. If Jon being selfish and doing stupid things is supposed to be what's funny about it, then it's not working for me.

5. Toon Master

Toon Master New Member

Lock the thread. No sense if fights are gonna start to happen.

6. chdr

chdr New Member

I would have to say Minoriteam. Not was the premise itself not funny (and a bit insulting), but I also didn't care much for the art style, and the jokes fell flat. Not even Dana Snyder could save it. A close second would be Assy McGee, but I do have to give that show credit for having a few episodes that were sort of decent.

7. Beat

Beat Retired

The Smoking Gun.

Yeah, remember this? At least a show like Tim and Eric can justify appeal to a very small group. This show failed to do even that. It was unfunny re-enactments hoping for a celebrity mention to do well.

There's a lot of shows that I'd consider downright terrible, but The Smoking Gun is the only show in AS history other than maybe Pilot Candidate to have failed on every single level.

Second place is The Room. Look at the Nostalgia Critic's review if you don't believe me.

8. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

I guess that's the reason why I like the show. He's a jerk and he ends up paying for his mistakes. His wife left him and he lost his girlfriend due to being a jerk. It also helps that the humor is more broad compared to shows like Squidbillies or Xavier .

Then again, I like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, where all of the main characters are unlikable.

To be fair, that's actually a truTV show. AS was airing reruns of it. Apparently, its still going on that network.

9. Beat

Beat Retired

OK, I won't count it then.

The Room wins by default in light of that disqualification. Why? Because 'YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA!'

10. Oops

Oops New Member

Delocated, Tim and Eric, and 12 oz Mouse! WORST. SHOWS. EVER!

11. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

Please come up with specific reasons why you dislike the shows. This is not a bashing thread.

12. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

The Brak Show because it just wasn't funny. Brak was funny when he was a recurring character on Space Ghost: Coast to Coast and he was completely insane, but on The Brak Show, the producers replaced Brak's craziness with likability. Brak became a nice guy who just was a tad off sometimes rather than a lunatic weirdo, and he ended being overlooked in favor of his more aggressive supporting characters; Dad, Zorak and Thundercles, the latter 2 were the only funny things about the show. Well, Mom had her moments, but that was only in the early episodes, when Marsha Crenshaw voiced the character. When Joanna Daniel took over the role, Mom lost her quirkiness and just became a one-dimensional nag.

Also, Perfect Hair Forever, which was a better idea than it was a show, and 12oz Mouse, because both made no sense and were more strange funny than "Ha-Ha" funny.

Dishonorable mention goes to Assy McGee for being just one joke (a talking butt who's a cop) repeated over and over, and somehow the shows' producers managed to get 2 seasons out of it!

13. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

I know an obvious choice to point a finger at is Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job!, but while many people bash the show, it has an equal amount of fans, so I won't say that T&EASGJ is a bad show, I'll instead just say that I don't get the show's humor. In all of the shows I've seen, I've found myself scratching my head wondering what the heck I just saw rather than laughing.

Tim & Eric's previous [adult swim] show, Tom Goes to the Mayor, didn't wow me either, but for a different reason: I couldn't get into that show because the scripts were so mean-spirited, they all seemed to be dedicated to the abuse and humiliation of Tim's character, Tom. I don't like any work in which an innocent character gets dumped on for the whole piece.

14. Maenos

Maenos Please wait for me

From what I can remember, the series that aired on AS was actually quite different from the Smoking Gun series on TruTV now. The one on TruTV now is "The Smoking Gun Presents: World's Dumbest," which uses footage from the scene (security, handheld, news, etc) along with commentary from B-list celebs. The one AS had instead recreated scenes from the website and apparently used puppets (according to wikipedia anyway, I have only the vaguest memory of it, but I do recall it being different from the show on today).

15. Rabi~en~Rose

Rabi~en~Rose idolmaster

family guy season 4 & up
    I was as hyped as anyone when it came back and struggled to sit through most of the 4th season before giving up. the very first gag of the shows return, naming all of those dead fox shows, set the tone for the rest of the series: drawn out repetitive crap :yawn:

Wolf's Rain
    sitting through all of Witch Hunter Robin was hard but doable while this anime I just couldn't take anymore by the halfway mark. it was slow and full of talking heads and promises of action.... kind of like Ghost in the Shell but furrier :lol:

AS Live Action Shows
    I haven't watched a single one so I can't properly criticize them :(

16. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk is on a ridey-ride to hell

I cannot honestly say that I have enjoyed Delocated. Throughout its first season it has become less about Jon's family and more about how much of a consciously selfish and irritating human being Jon is to everyone around him. I will be giving season two a definite miss because I cannot find humor in fifteen minutes of a guy with a hood and a voice modulator trying and succeeding beyond his wildest imaginings to be the biggest jerk in the world.

17. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Tim and Eric I just have never liked. I tried to watch it, but random humor for the sake of randomness is just not funny.

I have to defend 12 Oz. Mouse on the fact that the next season got insanely complex and addicting.

18. FFmax

FFmax Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure

I also can't stand Tim and Eric, it fails to be funny, the jokes are disgusting, and the characters lack any sort of charm. That show can die in a fire for all I care.:sad:

19. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece New Member

All original AS shows(live action and cartoons)

20. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

"Redneck like"? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.