1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG World's Finest RPG

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Bird Boy, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceOfKnaves

AceOfKnaves Why aren't you laughing?

OOC: Sorry everyone, but I'm gonna pull out of this RPG. I don't really have the time for it, and it doesn't seem anyone else's heart is really into it. :) *hugs you all* Sorry!

~Selena~

2. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

OOC: I'm still planning to get that IC post up soon. Maybe over the weekend.

3. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

OOC: Is this RPG still alive? ::hears echo::

4. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Chill. It's only an opinion.

OOC: Hi all, this would be my first RPG post, RD recruited me and okayed this post to be my first one. :D Thanks for cleainin up the grammar RD. :cool: Hope it goes well..

IC: Lex Luthor
    I look out the windows of my office, staring at what little of the moon that can be made out from the bright lights of Metropolis. Soon I know those lights will be enclosed with my fist, as Superman will be a mere toy after this. Grinning to myself I make my limousine to meet the Robotic team.

"Is everything on schedule?" I ask as I pass Mercy.

"We're only a few days overdo, sir. Things will complete though." She responds with a slight tremble in her voice.

I sit back in the seat pleased, envisioning Superman at his knees, too weak to go on.

On the drive, I can't help but notice her. For awhile now I've developed feelings for her, even though nobody could ever say they like working for me, she carries through in all her duties.

"Mercy. Stop the car." I say sternly towards her, doing my best to keep my face straight.

"Sir?"

"Just do it." I reply as I reach for the door and make my way to the front after it halts. "I would just prefer to ride up front right now." With my pending victory of taking back the city, I could finally have a chance for a personal life. Mercy who has been at my every side, has made me see that is more important than I could ever guess.

I gaze over at Mercy as my thoughts are interrupted from the ringing of the phone.

"Sir, the robotics crew is reporting a problem."

"Tell them we're almost there, we'll deal with it ourselves." I sit back as I refocus my concentration on the task at hand; my rerise over Metropolis.

5. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

IC: Superman
    Wednesday, January 17th, 4:55 PM

"Not a trace of them Batgirl." I say trying not to show irritance. "It's been almost 3 hours, I think it's time we tried something new." I really figured we would have found something by now, but my determination ii decreasing.

"hm. I guess you're right. Let's head back to the Batcave and see if Bruce has found anything," says Batgirl.

I fly off, with Batgirl on my back. "Hold on," I say as I begin picking up speed, The wind whipping faster on our faces.

We arrive at the Batcave not too long after. It feels sort of odd being the brightest thing in the whole cave. Alfred greets us and says, "My apologies, But Master Bruce and Nightwing have already left in search of Poison Ivy."

"Nightwing's gone?" asks Batgirl. "Is he better? Oh, he's so stubborn I bet he's probably gone whether he's healed or not." She says giving a look of annoyance, yet worry.

"You know Nightwing," says Alfred. "But I am sure he will be ok."

"He's right Batgirl, I'm sure they'll fare well. I hope they are having better luck than we did trailing Ivy. Since they've probably got this covered, I think it's about time I returned to Metropolis," I say.

"It was nice working with you Superman," says Batgirl.

"Same here, I hope to see you all again some time!" I say with a smile and take off.

OOC: Yeah, pretty much just a bridge post. I tried. :shrug: I don't know if Superman knows the identities of the batclan besides Bruce. That is why I always refer to them in their superhero names. Calico, and Nightwing (I'm not sure who owns his character) I suggest that your next post takes place in the future, where you have already defeated Poison Ivy so we can start a new storyline since so many characters have left. Unless you all and GS can continue it on your own. But I think this RPG would be less dead if we could head out of this plot. I don't know. Do what you all think would work best! :anime:

6. The Detective

OOC: Life? This RPG gains life? Well another story line is definantly in order........I'll be picking up a villian as soon as I can find one to my liking. :evil:

IC: Nightwing

January 17, 5:00

The Bat Plane hovers in mid air, a vacuam of air swirling around the cave as he lowers the plane onto the hover pad. I think we'll all sleep better with Ivy out of the way.......a lot better.

"Dick!" Barb shouts as the tops eases off and I slide out. Bruce does so as well and brushes past me. I'm feeling much better thank you very much.

"Hey Barb," I say softly as she comes up beside me and gives me a slight hug......not a 'serious' hug just 'good to see you' hug. Or something like that.

Alfred raises an approving eye. "It is good to see back in one piece Master Dick,"

"Yeah well, after suriving a glorifed light bulb I wasn't about to go down to a sicko plant obsessed, blackhearted plant lady."

Barb looks up at me, "So Posion Ivy is back in Arkham?"

"Right where she belongs."

"Where is Superman?" Bruce asks as he sets down at the computer. Does he think about anything else but business?

"Oh," Barb says. "He left said it hopes to do it again sometime.

Bruce turns around muttering something like, "not likely." That's Bruce. Won't take help from anyone.

"Well I guess I'll be leaving."

"So soon?"

I look down at Barb and whisper in her ear, "I've been here long enough if you know what I mean."

"ohhh." she says knowingly.

I jump on a spare cycle I've kept up here, floor the gas and head off. It'll be good to get out of this damp old cave.

7. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

[color=729448]Wednesday, January 17th
    5:02pm

I sigh. It's such hard work to find good reliable men these days. Everyone's always after money! You would think that SOMEONE would work just to play a joke on some of the finest citizens of Gotham!

I slam the door open to the warehouse and see Harley playing with Bud and Lou. Despicable pests those two are.

"Pudding!" Harley bounces to her feet and pounces me.

"Oof!" She better have gotten that list. Maybe there will be some appetizing names on it.

I disentangle myself and question Harley. "Well? Where's the list?"

"Right here, Mr. J!" Harley pulls the list out of her bag.

I snatch the list eagerly and look the list over, two names immediately stand out.

Commissioner Gordon and Lex Luthor.

Now that would be a great joke! Dear Emma will think that since the Commissioner is around no cannibalism will go on! She'll be quite a fright after seeing her beloved actors downing their dearest and nearest that her mouth will be wide open for her to partake some beautiful essence of Gordon! HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now Lex Luthor. Hmm. I think he needs a hair tonic! And what a better hair tonic than his puppy dog loyal servant Mercy! She's sure to be around the theater somewhere. Her loyalty will serve her well as she comes rushing to save her beloved master and have her run straight up the yellow brick road into my blender! HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I grin and face Harley. "It's going to be a blast!"
    [/color]

8. Calico

Calico Didn't you get the memo?

IC: Batman
    January 17, 6:15 pm

I log the results of my latest encounter with Pamela "Poison Ivy" Isley. She has been remanded to Arkham Asylum, but I can't expect her to be there for too long. For now though I can put her file on the inactive list.

Alfred clears his throat behind me. "Yes?" I ask without turning.

"Master Richard and Miss Barbara have departed." I wait silently for him to get to the point. "You have a date tonight with Miss Lester," he reminds me.

Sierra Lester. Met her a few weeks ago and got roped into taking her to dinner. Having been awake for over twenty-four hours, I'd like nothing better than to beg off and rest before patrol tonight, but Sierra can be very spiteful.

"Very well, Alfred. Prepare my suit."

"Already done, Sir."

Removing the Batsuit that has become almost a second skin, I take a quick shower and quickly dress in the tuxedo Alfred has laid out for me. Twenty minutes later we are driving towards Sierra's apartment building. Alfred stops and opens the door for me, holding out a small bouquet of flowers to give to my date. I ride the elevator to the penthouse suite. A maid lets me in and shows me to the drawing room. Sierra makes me wait fifteen minutes before she finally flounces in with a glowing smile.

"Brucie! You look fabulous! Just perfect to show me off," she giggles as she places a quick kiss on my lips.

"You look spectacular," I compliment her and then lead her out of the apartment. Sierra is very beautiful and as such never developed a personality. Having a conversation with her about anything that doesn't directly involve her is patently impossible. The ride to the restaurant is filled with silence as she just sits there smiling, expecting me to worship her. In all honesty I'm far too tired to play up to her.

Finally we reach the restaurant. The maitre 'd seats us with a flourish. After ordering, we attempt to make small talk. My attention, however, keeps wandering and I find myself gazing around the other tables. Something or someone familiar caught the corner of my eye, but I can't pinpoint it.

OOC: GS, I left it open for you to show up if you want.

9. The Guitar Slayer

The Guitar Slayer 1965 to Eternity

Catwoman

OOC: Hell hath no fury...

IC: Catwoman
    Pink Flamingo
    6:15 pm

Well, now that I have my little black dress, I might as well break it in at all the right places. And who says you need a man to eat with at a fine establishment?

I had finally started on catching up on all that work dating back to two days ago...didn't help me that I had some other backlog from God knows when. After that, I decide to baptize my dress by dining at the Flamingo solo. I thoughtfully take the stirrer out of my drink and finish the margarita in one gulp. That's number....what? Five? Six? I always had a good capacity for liquor, but I get goofy.

This gig with Batsy was likely a one-time thing, judging from previous history...#7 goes down my gullet....then again...

Hope beats eternal in the human...hello!

I catch sight of a very healthy, buxom figure hanging out of an itty bitty white dress. Some dumb blonde, I suppose...but that's not what I notice first. I take note of her date.

Bruce Wayne. Multibillionaire. Handsome, sophisticated, witty at certain times, adorably absent-minded....TWO-TIMING MANWHORE.

Although I don't take Bruce seriously, usually, I do mind when he follows up his date with me (the Christmas party when we both got drunk and had "fun") with a date with the Bimbo from Biloxi. I am not to be followed up by lottery-winning trailer trash. And judging from that look on his face and the current state of that dress, it ain't staying on much longer. I pound back #8 to gain my legs and start on my mission.

He's looking around, as if he's half-expecting something to lurch out at him. Well, seek and ye shall find...

"BRUCE WAYNE!" He freezes like a deer in the headlights, and his date has her dinner halfway in her mouth. Thanks to that margarita, I'm feeling gutsy and am unaware of the staring crowd that's likely gathering behind me now.

I stride over in my stilhettos and tower over him in the new black dress. It has a plunging neckline, a tight waist, a flared skirt, and stops right at the mid thigh....and boy is he taking in the sight just above his head. I've been in a ****ty mood lately, so I decide to take it out on him.

I slap him. Open palm. No rings or fingernails. Just a good, old-fashioned pop to the head. His hand reaches up to feel the palm-shaped red mark on his left cheeck. He looks shocked, not to mention a bit hurt... I can't look at him like that.

I turn my attention to the blonde. She's looks a cow stopped in the middle of chewing her cud, dumbfounded. On an impulse, I plunge my hand into aquarium right behind their table and throw a live lobster at her. Due to the large target, my aim is accurate; it goes right down into her dress. Serves her right for not wearing a bra in public.

Bruce is now standing beside me, grabbing me and shaking me. "Selina, what the hell are you doing?" He's alarmed, as if I've gone nuts. Maybe I have. Considering it's about 6 in the evening and I'm plastered so bad that it's obvious even to me in my state. His date yelps and whines that she needs help.

I shove him away. "What are you doing, Bruce?! There's a better class out there than her." I stagger back a bit, teetering on my heels. "Like me, maybe." Oh, boy, has my mind been pickled. The blonde is now bawling her little eyes out and the waiter is trying to decide whether to take a plunge or just watch to see if she has the sense to take the dress off so he can have a peep show.

"Better? Like you? Selina, you're nothing but a raving psychotic." He stops as he realizes he just made a big time boo-boo. He knows damn well that I'm not the same as the rest of the nuts in Arkham and that it pains me when I'm thrown into the same pile as them. Batman learned that early on, but this dense buffoon doesn't get it.

I'm half blind with rage as I grab something and smash it into his head I dunno what it was it just broke over his head like glass and I think someone's screaming maybe it's me I can't see I'm just limping off defeated and the blonde is screaming how something's been snipped off and she's leaking silicon all over and the waiter is yelling for the cops and the boss is bellowing for an ambulance and my head hurts but my dress is still perfect and I'm still pretty I think then why doesn't he love me or does he or maybe I can't see because I've drank myself blind and where the hell is my car I want to take a nap but I have to work tonight and save the world from Luthor go to the justic legue metin and bak cukies for the grrl scouts and....

It suddenly got very dark and quiet.

Help.

10. Bleu Unicorn

Bleu Unicorn \ (^v^) /

Anybody miss me?

Hem hem. [clears throat] I hear you all are looking for a Harley Quinn, eh? [shuffles feet] :D ;) I figure since I got a bit of experience and all that maybe I might fit the bill, eh?

:) Anyhoo, I talked it over with the mods and they all seemed rather put out - I mean, excited about it. So, uh, I'm back..if you want me. [​IMG]

11. NNNRaven

NNNRaven Poke, Poke...

Is This Role Play? I Wanna Be Me! A Strong,super powered cat named raven!!

12. The Detective

Bleu Unicorn - Why we most certianly want you back! Welcome back!

NNNRaven - Ummmm if you want to join this RPG you should PM one of the mods and if you want to play a custom character then...post his bio after the mods say so.

13. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Chill. It's only an opinion.

IC: Lex Luthor
    9:47PM

We pull up to the factory to see toppled forklifts with people scattered around trying to pick up the pieces. It's obvious, a shipment ruined.

"What happened here?" I say, glaring at them all.

"I'm sorry Mr. Luthor, sir. Two workers got in front of a forklift with a shipment and the driver swerved into another shipment." The loading manager explained while shaking with fear.

"Have you placed an order for replacements?" I ask staring into his eyes.

"Um..n-not yet" he stutters out.

"Sir, the closest factory for replacements is in Gotham." Mercy interrupts from behind..

"Thank you, Mercy" I stare back at the manager, "If you want to keep your job I suggest you place the order and get this junk cleaned up before it costs you a month's pay." Mercy and I walk back to the car, I watch as the clumsy workers stumble around to get things cleared up.

"Mercy... I want you to go to Gotham and watch the shipment for me, we can have no failures with this."

[Later on - 10:59 PM]

I watch as her plane lifts off towards Gotham, hoping she will be alright. I would rather lose a shipment than her, but she is the only one I can trust with this.

"Let's go." I order to the new driver, still focused on Mercy's flight.

14. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

Joker

[color=729448]Thursday, January 18th
    2:03am

Here I am trying to get some sleep when some infernal racket wakes me up.

"Ooo, that better not be some blundering fool moving my precious blender!" I mutter as I throw the blankets off of my body and get up.

But lo and behold! As I pass a window I see that the commotion is coming from outside. I peer out. Some fools have decided to move some crates in the middle of the night! And here I was thinking that this was a respectable neighborhood!

I grab a pair of binoculars to see what fools have decided to take advantage of the night.

"Well, well, well! What do we have here? Do my eyes deceive me or is that Lexy's little lapdog? Why it is! What luck!" I grin and poke my head out the door.

"HARRRRRRRRRRLLLLLEY!" I yell, "WAKE UP! We HAVE A GUEST TO ENTERTAIN!"

What an unexpected treat! Now I won't have to bother trying to find that little brat once the play has begun.

"HARLEY!" I holler once more. What merry making there shall be today![/color]

15. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

IC: Barbara Gordon

approx. 6:15pm

After Dick had taken off via a motorcycle in the Batcave, I escaped up the long staircase, through the manor and out to my car which was parked out in the gravel driveway. I was anxious to have a night alone with Dick, especially since just moments ago it had looked like we would be hard at work for quite sometime with some villain or another. But I was also concerned about Dick's injuries via Livewire, and him going out almost immediately after to do more heroics...my god is this what Alfred thinks like all the time? Supressing a laugh I silently pull into the driveway of Dick's two-story loft. The lights are on and I can hear the faint strains of an oldies song. Knocking a few times before opening the door I peek my head into Dick's lodgings.....I haven't been here too often, things have still been so...strained....between us since he came back. I hate feeling so aliented from him compared to how we used to be around each other.
    "Dick I'm here!"
    I call out into his house, I think I can hear the shower running upstairs.
    "In the shower Babs, do you want to order a pizza?"
    "Sure!"
    I silently cheer myself for taking the small detour to my apartment to rinse off as well before coming to his house. Jumping onto the couch I grab the phone from the adjacent tabletop and call for a pizza. I yawn, it has been quite a long day, and I only hope both of us will be awake enough to have any sort of fun evening. While Dick continued showering and the pizza had yet to come, I wander over to his video collection to find something for us to watch during dinner.

16. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

IC: Superman
    5:22 PM

Daily Planet
    "Clark! It's nice to finally have you back in town," teases Lois.

"Huh, what? I haven't been anywhere."

"Sure, you've just been disappearing so much lately I'd almost forgotten you work here."

"Well, there hasn't been much action around lately has there?" I say trying to slightly change the subject.

"Why don't you move to Gotham? I've heard Superman's already packed his bags."

"Oh, Lois, you know he'd never do that. He'll be back before you know it."

"Farm boys may not go looking for action, but star reporters do," says Lois with a wink. "I'll be taking a short business trip to Gotham, to see what's up."

"Really? I hope that doesn't mean hanky-panky with a certain someone."

"Hah, you slay me Smallville," she said quickly and sardonically. "Be seeing you!"

"Bye, Lois"

She heads down the escalator, and I pack up and head out for the day. I guess I'll go get a bite to eat at the cafe. It's an outdoor cafe, and the air's pretty warm. I order coffee and a sub. Thinking back on my conversation with Lois, I'm glad I have my superspeed to cover my recent trips to Gotham. Then, I realize how quiet things really have been around here. I'm glad that Metropolis is safe and content -- that means I'm doing my job. But I'm a little worried, you know what they say... this may be the calm before the storm.

#296 Pyro, Jan 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2004
  17. Calico

OOC:I am teh evil :eek:

IC: Bruce Wayne
    6:38 pm

After leaving Alfred to tend to Sierra (with instructions to give her a check for an appropriately large sum to make up for the embarrassment of the evening) I manage to get Selina into a taxi. She leans against my shoulder, drooling on my $500 jacket and snoring loudly in my ear, but we manage to make it to her building without further incidents. I hand the driver a fifty and tell him to keep the change.

Hauling Selina out of the cab, she shows some signs of life, murmuring "Mommy?" and then staggers and falls against me.

"Not quite," I say. Giving up all pretense that she could walk to her apartment on her own power, I scoop up her legs and head towards the front door. The doorman raises an eyebrow as we pass; handing him a folded bill, I say gravely, "This never happened."

"What never happened?" he replies innocently, placing one hand in his pocket.

The elevator seems to take an eternity, but thankfully the load is light. Her face is snuggled against my throat, warm breath tickling the skin. It is a not unpleasant feeling. Finally the car arrives and as luck would have it, completely empty. In front of her door I finally set her down and lean her against the wall. She immediately slides down to the floor, her head lolling on her shoulder. It is then that I notice she doesn't have her purse on her; it must have been left at the bar.

Swearing softly and looking up and down the corridor to make sure we're not being watched, I pull my billfold out of my pocket. Triggering a secret catch, a small flat black case is ejected into my hand. The lock is surprisingly easy to pick, considering that she spends most of her time breaking into other people's homes.

I quickly stow the lockpicks in my pocket as she begins to stir, looking up at me and mumbling, "Bruce?"

"Well it's certainly not the tooth fairy. Can you stand?"

"You mean I'm not?" she asks, eyes roaming wildly around.

With a sigh, I bend down and haul her up. She teeters in place a moment and then starts to fall backwards. Grabbing her shoulders, I say, "Maybe you'd better take those off?" looking down at her shoes.

"But they go perfectly with this dress!"

Ignoring her indignation at my lack of fashion sense, I lean over and pull each shoe off in turn, throwing them into the blackness of her living room. Inside a pair of green eyes watches me suspiciously.

"Now. Try to walk."

She peers into the darkness dubiously. I reach in and flip the lightswitch. Taking her upper arm I steer her across the threshold. Several shuffling steps later she falls across the couch with a moan.

In the kitchen I start a pot of coffee. As it is brewing I soak a dishtowel in some cold water and bring it back out into the living room, laying it across her forehead.

"Hey!" she cries out, startled. She stands up quickly, grabbing the armchair next to the couch for support. "What do you think you're doing?" she asks indignantly, her words more clear than before and her eyes sharp.

"I'm just trying to help."

"I don't need your kind of help. I just need some sleep. Alone," she says coldly.

18. The Guitar Slayer

The Guitar Slayer 1965 to Eternity

Selina Kyle / Catwoman

January 17, 7:10 PM

First thing I know, I'm standing. Then Brucie baby tells me that I'm not and I'm slumped on the floor next to my door. He does some magick and there we are, inside my apartment, ready to have a party of our own. The floozy lost the day, and I got him.

Yay.

No, wait. Bad. I don't want Bruce with me. He's been around too much. He's already got my shoes off. What next.....wait...nothing next...I want him out.

I fall boobs over arse onto my couch and he busies himself in his...our....MY kitchen. He starts up the coffee...as an afterthougtht, I hope I cleaned out my mug from the last time Bats used it, or else I'm truly up the creek...

Here he comes now, jacket off, collar loosened with a cold towel. He puts it on my head and up I come. The world is still blurry, but I'm just soused enough not to feel any pain associated with my actions. I stub my toe on the chair and teeter precariously. Boy, am I loaded. "What do you think you're doing?" I ask as forcefully as I can muster. Wooo boy..

"I'm just trying to help." He rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"I don't need your kind of help. I just need some sleep. Alone." I hiccup briefly and then continue. "On second thought, I need more alcohol, too. Put some Irish in that coffee."

"Selina!" He sounds distressed, as if he's scared he's turned me into a boozer.

"Best way to get rid of a hangover is to not stop drinking, but to taper off," I manage to slur before walking into a wall. He gets up to help, but I wave him off. Mission Objective: Liquor Cabinet.

Obstacle 1: Furniture -- Negotiable

Obstacle 2: Possessive Rich Boy -- Pending...

"Sit down. I don't take stock in that remedy." He stands in the middle of the room, lecturing at me.

"Drop dead, Wayne." I bang my knee on the Ottoman and fall forward onto it. I look up at him and flash my biggest grin, knowing that the front of my dress is now squishing everything in his direction. He's momentarily stunned.

I roll off and wade through my carpet to my cabinet and open it and....UP I GO!

He's got me around the waist and has hoisted me away from my bottle collection. Oh no, wait please. I stretch my arms toward them...noooooooooo.....

A timer goes ding. "Coffee's done. Go get it, dear." Now I've got him.

Ah damn, he's smart. He's got me slung over his shoulder and now I am looking at the floor behind him as he dances around with the hot coffee. Speaking of hot, I have a pretty nice vantage point of his ass. If I weren't so drunk, I'd think twice before pinching it, but I don't think I even thought once. He just yelped and now he's trying to get at my hands without dropping the coffee. He's spinning and soooooo arooooooooouund the wooooorld we goooooooooo.

I think I'm about to puke. Combination of the centrifugal motion and the drinking. Damn right I got an A in physics. Did I clean my bathroom yet after I trashed it? That'll be an interesting story.

He's tossed me onto the couch again and has pinned be between the arm of the chair and his self. He's sitting up all prim and proper with that pinkie slightly raised. I knew Alfred taught him manners...he's just not all that good at applying them...

"Why do you bother, Bruce?"

"Drink your coffee, dear."

"No, seriously. You look like you were about to jump up that slut's dress..."

"That slut is an heiress of a ...."

"That's why I said slut, not whore. Whore is someone you pay. Slut is someone who doesn't need to be paid being as she has money. Skank has no money and too stupid to accept. That one was brainless with money...a skut? A slank? What do you think?"

"Whatever you say."

"That's the problem with you. You go with whatever somebody else says just to bed them. You got no self control or respect." I giggle hysterically. "Do you realize I had THE Batman in here?"

"Oh?" YAY! I hit a nerve, finally. Thought I was going to have to check his pulse.

"Unlike you, he didn't just throw me in here and wait til I passed out to pull up my skirt. He was a gentleman."

No answer

"He also doesn't go out with so many women. I think I'm the only one. Nobody else had said anything, and you KNOW someone would if they were snogging around with the Bat." I blink once or twice. "That's why I don't like you too much, Bruce. You treat me like every other slut, whore, skank, or slank. Bats knows I'm just not another nutcase or klepto. I'm special..."

"As in ed..."

"Hey, you made a funny!"

"Sorry. Drink your coffee."

"Can't. Went cold. Heat it up?"

Objective: Liquor Cabinet....

"Selina?"

"Yeah?"

"You're a lady. Don't forget that."

"I know that. All the same, you should remind me more often."

"Yeah....I should, and myself, too."

I'm zonked out before he gets back with the coffee.

Oh well.

19. Bleu Unicorn

Bleu Unicorn \ (^v^) /

OOC: After an entire year of non-posting, I’m officially alive. Unfortunately this is short and accomplishes next to nothing and definitely not my best...but it’s a start. (So, now you can stop pestering me, right RD? At least for a little while?)

Thursday, January 18th
    2:05 AM

The sounds of: "HARRRRRRRRRRLLLLLEY! WAKE UP! WE HAVE A GUEST TO ENTERTAIN!" being bellowed through the small hideaway house jolts me awake, pullin’ me out of a wonderful dream. I think there was a wedding...My wedding...Yeah, and Batman was there, all tied up...And Whiskers too – ‘cept she was all de-clawed....

I roll over and push a pillow over my head and burrow back under the covers. Maybe if I try real hard like, I can slip right back there.

"HARLEY!" Mistah J literally shrieks at the top of his lungs some six inches from my covered head. With a loud yelp, I fall right outta the bed.

“Uh...Yes?” I say, trying to untangle myself from the blankets and sheets. “Whatcha need, Puddin’?”

“Oh, come on now! We’ve got things to do!”

“Things, Mistah J?” I ask, pushing my hair out of my face. Across the room a battered alarm clock tells me it’s barely after two in the morning. “But, it’s the middle of the ni—“

The sting of a hard slap across the face silences any protesting I might have had. I hate it when he wakes up grouchy; I always end up with red marks somewhere.

“Never mind that, we’ve got company.”

“We do? Where?” I ask, looking around the disheveled room.

“Out there,” he replies, dragging me towards him with one arm and shoving a pair of binoculars in my face. “Oh, it’ll be great. We can snag her right now and I don’t need to worry about finding her later. This is wonderful!”

I blink a few times, trying to see through the binoculars. “You mean the dog, Boss?” I focus the lenses a bit more to my tastes. “What do we need a dog for? We’ve got the babies, yanno?”

What?” Mistah J shouts, yanking the binoculars from me. “Where’d she go?”

I flop back onto the bed. I really love my Puddin’ and his surprises, but truthfully just between you and me, I really don’t get his schemes. I’m sure he does ‘cause he’s smart like that. But I just never understand his logic...if that’s what ya call it. Yawning, I continue, “So, why do we need the dog, Puddin’?

“Not the dog, you halfwit. Mercy!

I blink. I’m not a halfwit.

“She was just out there,” Mistah J continues, “Oh forget it, just go out there and find her. Now!” He tosses the binoculars aside, and waltzes out of the room. Stopping, he glances over his shoulder, “Oh, and when you’re done with that. See what you can do with this place. It’s a pigsty!” Nothin’ new about that.

Quickly I toss on my costume and grab my Bag o’ Tricks and flounce out the door.

20. Calico

OOC: I apologize for going AWOL on you all. I'd like to continue (if you'll still have me), but I'll have to read back a bit since I'm not sure how to get where we were supposed to be going. If someone wants to give me a push in the right direction, feel free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.