1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Batman: Dark Knight Adventures Comic

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Aug 19, 2013.

1. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

A bit of in-house showcasing here. This comic was written and drawn by myself with colours and letters by Kris Trigwell.
    To cut a long story short, this was commissioned by a French comics trade magazine on the premise of including a licensed strip in the middle section. We wrote and finished the story to find the editor who had commissioned had moved on/been moved on (French isn't my forte) and the license hadn't been secured. So here it is as a freebie. Years later.
    Artwise, this was done to a tight deadline (ironic since it never actually had a publication), story and art were fired out pretty fast. There are DCAU homages in the some sequences with a more gritty comic variant for other aspects.
    Art was pencil, inked over with sable brushes, then touched up on photoshop before sent to Kris to colour (I think he uses paint shop pro).

World's Finest - Dark Knight Adventures Online Comic