1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wonder Woman "Who Is Wonder Woman?" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Jun 7, 2006.

?

Rate and Comment

1. *****

20.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

40.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

20.0%
  10. 1/2

20.0%
  1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

The latest update is this:

Part 5 will be released in a stand alone issue.

Okay, that's officially MUCH better than putting off the final issue until after the end of the next story arc. It's almost like having to get the final part of the story in this year's Annual, (Marvel used to do that sort of thing with their Annuals in the 90's, so I can stomach that a lot better).

But I guess we're still stuck in "wait and see" mode for now, until they solicit Part 5...

2. Robin2099

Robin2099 Active Member

With Manhunter(sadly) getting ready to fold soon, they really should put Marc Andreyko on this book. He might just be the reinvention that Wonder Woman needs to get fans back. This book or Catwoman.

3. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

The latest chapter has arrived!

WONDER WOMAN #4

[​IMG]

Written by: Allan Heinberg
    Art and Cover by: Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson

The Story: When the all-new Wonder Woman encounters the Cheetah, Giganta and Dr. Psycho, she discovers that Wonder Woman's Rogues Gallery has undergone a radical transformation! Even Dr. Poison, Dr. Cyber and Osira are somehow more powerful and deadlier than ever before. But who is responsible for these magical makeovers? And will this army of revitalized rogues be too much for the gods' newest champion? Find out in Part 4 of the 5-part epic "Who Is Wonder Woman?"

Comments? What are your thoughts?!?

4. spidl

spidl Active Member

I loved loved loved the artwork in this issue. The story has taken a nice twist that I was not expecting. It is too bad this took could not get the books out in a timely fashion because they have really done some good work with the character.

5. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

At long last, the climactic, extra-length chapter of "Who is Wonder Woman?," the stunning Wonder Woman adventure!

WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1

[​IMG]

Art by: Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson and Gary Frank and Jonathan Sibal
    Cover by: Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson

In this arc's conclusion, the combined forces of Wonder Woman's transformed rogues gallery declare an all-out war on the amazing Amazon, compelling Wonder Woman to mend fences and join forces with Donna Troy and Wonder Girl if she's going to survive to answer the question: "Who is Wonder Woman?"

And if the return of Allan Heinberg and Terry Dodson isn't enough, there's also an all-new backup by Heinberg and the upcoming art team of ACTION COMICS, Gary Frank and Jonathan Sibal, featuring the secret origins of Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Sarge Steel and Nemesis! All questions will be answered, all secrets revealed!

Comments?

6. RedKing52

RedKing52 Fullmetal Shinigami

So, it's finally out. Good for DC. Now, please ban Heinberg from ever working their side of the comics fence ever again.

7. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

What a pitful excuse for a relaunch. Management really did Wonder Woman wrong these last few months/years.

It stopped Greg Rucka from completing his run without the interference of Infinite Crisis, then had Diana kill Maxwell Lord and then put her in the hands a of a writer with no ambition for the character beyond throwing all her supporting characters at her. It's been all show and no action for too long now. I liked the new art team on the book, but if anything, their work only made Diana into the splashy, paper-thin pin-up we're all tired of her being.

I wonder how Gail Simone can possibly make sense of all the deaths and rebirths, stunts and showmanship that have masked the character Perez resurrected in the 80s with a clear vision.

EDIT: Ace or anyone else...is Hippolyta - the real, living Hippolyta who died in Jiminez's run - back from the dead in the aftermath of Amazons Attack??

8. Mad Monkey 7

Mad Monkey 7 Active Member

No, Hippolyta is not back. It was Granny Goodness in disguie.

9. spidl

spidl Active Member

I personally really liked the Heinberg stuff on Wonder Woman. The Annual seemed to shove too much story into the last chapter.

10. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

With the release of the direct-to-video Wonder Woman animated feature (Feature Talkback, DVD/Blu-ray Talkback), there's no better time than now to look back the recent relaunch of Wonder Woman!

WONDER WOMAN: WHO IS WONDER WOMAN?

[​IMG]

Art and cover by: Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson

Synopsis: One year after the execution of Maxwell Lord and the earth-shattering events of Infinite Crisis, the DCU is still struggling to come to terms with its most powerful heroine. Is she a martyr or a murderer? A politician or a super hero? Writer Allan Heinberg (JLA, TV's The O.C. and Sex and the City) and artists Terry and Rachel Dodson (Harley Quinn) provide surprising answers, giving Wonder Woman a fresh, sexy look and a bold new direction! The series begins with the multi-part "Who Is Wonder Woman?" story arc, paying homage to the character's distinguished history while placing her firmly in the present with an all-new supporting cast, a brand-new mission, and a renewed sense of wonder. A treat for longtime fans and a perfect jumping-on point for new readers, Wonder Woman: Who is Wonder Woman? features the icon you know and love as you've never seen her before!

Comments? What are your thoughts?

11. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

I like the cover...but the title couldn't be any less apt.

If someone off the street were to read this as an introduction to Wonder Woman, I'd be willing to bet good money they'd walk away with little clue as to who Diana really is.

The current volume of the book (numba III) has struggled to regain the footing Diana lost during the OMAC mess from a few years back. Simone is only now starting/trying to get there...

Seriously folks...skip it.

No, Hippolyta is not back. It was Granny Goodness in disguie.

Then when did the real Hippolyta return? In Simone's run, she's living on Themyscira alone...

12. RedKing52

RedKing52 Fullmetal Shinigami

Still hate the relaunch and Heinberg's inaugural arc; the WW mythos has been on life-support for 3 years since Rucka was forced off and I can only hope that Simone's run will give it back the kick it needs.