1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Wonder Woman" (TV) Pre-Premiere Discussion (Update: New pilot in development)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by PowerZord, Oct 1, 2010.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

2. Lord Mawdryn

Lord Mawdryn Board Bad Boy

Hmm--no braclets or tiara. Like Smallville, it'll be set in a time before the costume then. So it'll basically be a beefed-up Buffy fighting bad guys in street clothes.

3. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

As long as they get to the WW part after a few seasons I don't think many WW fans will have a problem with that.

4. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Oh man. After the last debacle I dare not get my hopes up too much, but I really hope that works out. The time is totally right for this given the Green Arrow thing, the Booster Gold pilot Syfy's doing and Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. show.

5. Lord Mawdryn

Lord Mawdryn Board Bad Boy

I kind of doubt we'll ever see her don the Wonder Woman costume until the series finale (although there will probably be a lot of foreshadowing of it). I think the whole series will be about her becoming Wondy and will end once she officially takes up the mantle.

6. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If they really want to make it like Smallville they'll wait until the finale and show a tiny blur of her in costume and extreme closeups of her face to hide that she never puts on the thing.

7. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Well, we will be getting a Wonder Woman film because they have to include her in the Justice League. So we will see her. I guess the show can concentrate on giving her sparse rogues gallery some light.