1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Wonder Woman" (TV) Pre-Premiere Discussion (Update: New pilot in development)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by PowerZord, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Wounded_Dragon

Wounded_Dragon Active Member

Yeesh, it honestly sounds like they improvised and just transcribed what they came up with later.

2. Knightmare

Knightmare Active Member

Wow, as a Wonder Woman fan, I'm glad that this didn't get picked up but at the same I can't believe how bad and well "off" this was. It's like all they wanted was the name Wonder Woman and then do whatever they wanted to do with it. Didn't they learn from Catwoman just using a famous characters name and doing your own thing doesn't work.

3. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

That didn't stop The Sci-Fi...er "Syfy" from doing the same thing with Battlestar Galactica (no offense to those who like that version; I'm just saying)...

Anyway, I agree. I think this is for the best. People who had never heard of Wonder Woman before would think that this was how she had always been in the first place, which she wasn't; not a good choice for one's first Wonder Woman series. Oh yeah, this isn't the first time there had been a not-Wonder Woman either. Three words: Cathy Lee Crosby. Worse yet, HER costume looked even LESS like Wonder Woman than the first three proposed for this show.

Personally, I wasn't expecting Lynda Carter all over again. Rather, all I could expect was a Wonder Woman that actually looks like Wonder Woman, as well as (and most importantly) a story that's actually about Wonder Woman, and not the glorified metaphor this show was clearly going to be.

Incidentally, I have a question about Lynda's WW. In that version, Diana was a yeoman in the army (or whichever military branch it was). Was that what she was originally doing in the original comics, or was it something else?

4. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

I believe that was she was doing Pre-Crisis in the comics. One episode of the Superfriends showed her alter ego working for the army as well.

5. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

6. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

Man, that's awful! Thank god this wasn't picked up. What the heck was that last clip about? That's just vulgar in more than one way. I'm actually offended by that, just because this is supposed to be Wonder Woman!

7. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Wow, words cannot express. Not even curse words.

8. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Those were bad, really bad. The pants costume looked good on screen, I think it worked. Don't know why they decided to go with the original one for the final climactic battle scene since it just looked downright silly. Great way to suck out any built up tension the fight would've had.

The lasso effects were horrible. CGI was incredibly fake and the choreography for it was stupid as it magically untied itself between cuts.

I’m really glad this wasn’t picked up.

Well she is a warrior and does kill in the comics when necessary. That guard wasn't necessary, though. She had multiple ways to take him down, least of those being her lasso we saw her using two seconds before hand.

9. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

I didn't think Palicki looked bad as WW and they seemed to make her an impressive combatant in most of the scenes and I liked the agressive attitude.However the special effects were bad and WW was more vulgar than I've ever seen her portrayed and some of the deaths were unnessasary. While Diana is a warrior she doesn't kill unless she has to.

10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I probably wouldn't have seen the show anyway, but still, that looked not-so-great.

11. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I see why it wasn't picked, Palicki didn't look bad as WW BUT the way she was cursing that's not how WW acts also was it truly necessary kill the guard that way? Seriously it wasn't a powerful supervillain or monster just to do that.

12. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

It's just another example of people not knowing the characters they're using. Didn't McG direct this? I'm not sure,who to blame, it certainly doesn't look like "Mercy Reef".

13. Ducard

Ducard Active Member

INT. WAYNE ENTERPRISES - BOARDROOM - DAY

BRUCE WAYNE sits among a crowd of straight-laced EXECUTIVES. Their table is overflowing with charts, posters, and Batman action figures with chests so ridiculously exaggerated that even Joel Schumacher would blush in their presence.

EXECUTIVE: You had the idea to merchandise...

WAYNE: I never would have done that-- I never said to merchandise my @#$% (nipples)!

FOOLISH EXECUTIVE: Batman isn't vulgar.

Wayne shoots an icy glare in her direction, silencing her.

WAYNE: Of course Batman isn't vulgar. Batman is perfect. Perfect (nipples), perfect ass, perfect teeth. I mean, look at these teeth.

The executives glance uncomfortably at each other.

WAYNE (cont'd): He always does everything right... God forbid he make a mistake. It's not like we should expect the world to accept him being human.

Wayne swiftly walks out of the boardroom. The executives stare blankly, not knowing what the hell just happened.

END SCENE

14. young101

young101 Member

LMAO nice...

15. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

16. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Too late. We already watched it. As they say on Futurama, you can't unwatch it.

17. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Down already.....DANGIT. If they ever show up again, PM me with the location please.

EDIT: Thanks.

#257 Peter Paltridge, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
  18. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Staff Member Moderator

Thank goodness NBC canceled this and left room on their schedule for comedies about how much babies suck, Whitney, and that show with the police woman that likes getting stabbed.

Well, I'm still glad this rotten version of Wonder Woman got canned. She is supposed to be a hero, not just violent.

Have you ever thought of incorporating a scarf into your costume Mr. Wayne? Or maybe a shawl, or the Camisecret?

19. young101

young101 Member

I saw the pilot and while at first when I had seen the clips, I thought it was no worse than smallville and was salvageable, I just couldn't believe my eyes and ears.

After watching the pilot, its even a wonder if we'll see the concept arise into a tv series again let alone a movie. I guess it could be done right but a woman prancing around in that costume and pretty hair looks looks like it will be difficult to take her seriously, especially when her costume looks like she can barely breathe. Not to mention the fact that they tried to cater to horny fan boys by also including veronica cale (women want to be me, men want to... well I'm sure you get that too). What atrocious dialogue (I never told you to merchandise my t---!).

Then theres the cat, her only friend. And the facebook scene is truly sad when watching her type her cat as her only friend. I get that people can be lonely but thats just not the way to make the viewer sympathize with the character.

The guy who played steve I felt didnt carry weight to his role but was decent.

The Themsycaria organization is also a ridiculous concept. This organization apparently uses wonder woman's titilicious merchandise to fund her super hero exploits. And she apparently has a lot of people working for her and I can't understand why there would be.

20. ABrown

ABrown Active Member