1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Wonder Woman" (TV) Pre-Premiere Discussion (Update: New pilot in development)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by PowerZord, Oct 1, 2010.

1. PowerZord

PowerZord It's time to change.

Not sure if this goes here or on the DC Forums but..I had to post it. Deadline Hollywood says a Wonder Woman TV show is on the works:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/won...eries-written-and-produced-by-david-e-kelley/

Mod Note: Animation news goes in The DC Animation Forum, live-action goes here.

2. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

They don't say anything about the outfit being the same as the comics so probably we will see someone with a brilliant idea(being sarcastic) of changing Wonder Woman's outfit.....probably they are going to use the new outfit.

3. PowerZord

PowerZord It's time to change.

I hope they don't turn the show into a cliche drama with romance... Keep the old style a bit updated and it should work perfectly.

4. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Are you sure? The WW mythos is a pretty goofy concept, it always has been, and unlike Batman it's much more difficult to bend into something contemporary without changing it completely.

The Wonder Woman DC Universe Animated Movie is the best attempt I've seen at translating her. There was a real epicness to the whole thing that modern audiences would enjoy. But it wouldn't be possible on a live-action TV budget.

So yes, expect Diana to be a college student trying to decide between Steve Trevor and some guy in a leather jacket with Bieber hair.

5. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

This would be a dream come true for me. I've been wanting more Wonder Woman, no matter in what form (animation, live action). I was really disappointed when I found out that a Joss Whedon Wonder Woman movie wasn't going to happen. But a David E. Kelley Wonder Woman tv show could definitely work. David E. Kelley is one of Hollywood's best.

6. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

I'm interested as long as its done with good respect to the character. WW has always been one of my favorite female heroes.

7. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

i think it will some how follow the smallville and birds of prey "formula". if the show does see the light of day, i wonder it will indeed share the same universe as smallville so we can get guest appearances from smallville characters.

maybe the wonder woman show takes place sometime after the final episode of smallville in which clark is revealed to the world as superman. diana ends up being the first of the new age of heroes to be inspired by superman.

8. Toddman

Toddman Hulk not good with words.

Wait, this a thread linking both David E. Kelley and a Wonder Woman TV series and there's been no comment from Disney Boy yet? I'm shocked!

SHOCKED
    I tell you!!

T;)ddman

9. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

10. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Rhona Mitra might be pegged for this. Her name was tossed in back when they were planning the film. Also she starred on Kelley's Boston Legal. If she can pull off the action, this could work. Could be a great replacement for Smallville.

11. Monterey Jack

Monterey Jack Active Member

Oh, to have had a Mask Of Zorro-era Catherine Zeta-Jones as WW...:(

12. Robin2099

Robin2099 Active Member

13. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

^ Interesting. Maybe they know something we don't. I mean, if they passed on it, the nets don't even consider it for their cable channels. Hmmm.

14. Red TF Ranger

Red TF Ranger Member

I doubt Megan Fox would play WW,primarily because she dissed the character a short time back.
    And as a result,Lynda Carter took a shot at Megan Fox:D

15. heroman

heroman Member

Show was turned down by all networks and I don't blame them wonder woman probally wouldn't work well on cw because it isn't the target audince,fox doesn't want her because they're worried about human target and nbc has the cape.

16. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Actually I think Wonder Woman is in the target audience for CW. They want the 18-34 female demographic right? I think they could attain that with Wonder Woman.

17. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

They already said that it was too expensive for them to air.

18. heroman

heroman Member

Well it was too expensive and they're right now aimming at teens 14 and above and people in they're early 20s.And wonder womans fanbase hates it when you make temporary changes like her costume and orgin why would making her younger and hipper be different?.

19. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

It would be really unfortunate if this show wasn't even given a chance. Pretty much all that I watch any more is animation. So I was really hoping that this would fill the void left by Smallville in the non-animated department.

20. heroman

heroman Member

It really hasn't been no other station woud give it the budget it needs and to be honest wonder woman probally wouldn't be able to hold a superhero series she seems more epic in the movie department.Tv show heroes are batman or superman,green hornet,flash.