1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Wonder Woman '77 (2015 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, May 6, 2015.

?

"Wonder Woman '77" - Rate and discuss this comic!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

100.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

To be released as a series of over-sized one-shots, check out the Wonder Woman '77 digital comic - now in print!

WONDER WOMAN '77 SPECTACULAR #1

[​IMG]

Art by: Matt Haley, Drew Johnson
    Written by: Marc Andreyko

Synopsis:
    Don’t miss this digital-first special based on the classic TV series starring Lynda Carter! Travel back to the sizzling ’70s as the undercover Amazon Princess joins forces with special agent Steve Trevor to defend America against Cold War-era criminals. A search for an escaped Soviet scientist brings Wonder Woman to the hottest disco of the day, Studio 52. A live stage act might prove more of a threat to Wonder Woman than the Russian Roller Derby girls out to bring the scientist home.

Comments?

Related Discussion:

Wonder Woman Classic TV Series Talkback (Spoilers)

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I was pretty impressed with this. I've only seen a few episodes of the TV show, so my fondness or enthusiasm for it isn't the same as it is for the Adam West Batman. I thought it was a pretty accessible comic for myself and anyone else who is looking for some Wonder Woman to read. The Wonder Woman stuff I've read in general, and lately, I feel focus' too much on the Greek mythology, or applies it to the character too much. At the same time, someone can argue it's SUPPOSED to. No mythology here, just straight up Wonder Woman.

I was on board when the comic was announced, and will continue to be. I really don't like this format of getting oversized one shots when ever. I'd rather this be a monthly title. Looking at the digital comic, there doesn't seem to be any more, just what's been printed. Hopefully they're working on a large batch to go monthly and have the digital comics be ahead of possible print issues.

3. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

As James said, they're planning a series of 1-shots, probably on a quarterly basis.

That said, the two stories were fine, though they probably couldn't get the rights to use Lyle Waggoner's likeness as Trevor. Worth the $8 spent.

4. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

We have Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '77 comics, why not a Superman '51 comic book title to tie in with the 1950's Adventures of Superman TV series?

5. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

If they were to do a Superman book in this format, as I discussed with my brother some time back, it'd be closer to the color era of the series, rather than the early black & white episodes. DC, I think, is waiting on sales of both the digital and print formats of Wonder Woman '77 to see if they'll go forward with such a Superman book. IMPO, it's a great alternative to the crap the New 52 sprung on us.