1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wonder Woman #600 "The Sensational Wonder Woman" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Jun 30, 2010.

?

Rate and Comment On This Issue!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

50.0%
  5. ***

50.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Celebrate the Amazon Princess' 600th issue!

WONDER WOMAN #600

[​IMG]

Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI, GEOFF JOHNS, GAIL SIMONE & others
    Art by GEORGE PÉREZ, PHIL JIMENEZ, JOE MADUREIRA & others

The Story:
    You're invited to the gala celebration featuring Wonder Woman talent from the past and present to commemorate this landmark issue! Renumbered to reflect Wonder Woman's starring role in 600 issues, this book features the industry's top talent – including Geoff Johns, Phil Jimenez, George Pérez, Gail Simone, Joe Madureira and more! Plus, readers won't want to miss a chance to check out the exciting, all-new direction for the Wonder Woman universe as new ongoing writer J. Michael Straczynski provides a story of his own!

Comments?

2. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

Is it really out today? Better find my issue!

For those who aren't WW fans, you should know that several artists' contributions to this issue have appeared online, as well as the Lynda Carter introduction. The images are just beautiful and hammer home the point that the JMS costume change is a pretty lame idea. Anyone mind if I post some images?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mod Note: Last image changed too link due to size.

3. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't know if anyone shares my sentiment but I think Adam Hughes has a really cool version of Wonder Woman. It's certainly one of my favorite versions of her.

4. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Active Member

This is probably the best of the DC anniversary books. There are 56 pages, five stories with almost no ads in between, and a bunch of ridiculously good pin ups from artists like Adam Hughes, Nicola Scott, Ivan Reis, Guillem March, Greg Horn, Francis Manapul, Phil Jimenez, Jock, and Shane Davis. All the stories are good and the art is top notch. I don't have a problem with the new costume that was introduced. At the end, Lee and Straczynski gave their explanations for the change and I can understand the reasons why they chose to go with this look. In all, a really enjoyable anniversary issue.

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool. How about this one. This is my favorite current image of Wonder Woman.

[​IMG]

6. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

That one is good, but weirds me out a bit. Looks too much like CGI.

Liked the issue a lot. Great pin-ups. The Power Girl story was my fav, really funny and a nice glimpse into a more casual Diana. Plus Egg Fu! Neat!

The Simone/Perez story disappoints majorly because as much as I love seeing Nessie and Julia again, the timeline is wacked out. Nessie has already been to University and grown into a woman...yet here they show her to be a teenager graduating high-school, while still referencing her transformation into Silver Swan. Um....what? Doesn't add up. They goofed, which is strange cause they know these characters the best. Big bummer. And they show her to be Valedictorian, which also makes no sense cause as SS, she was wanted my the government and had killed people. And this is the wrap-up? HUN?!

The JMS stuff was okay. Great art. Hate the new look though.

LOVE the Phil Jimenez pin-up. Makes the issue for me.

7. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

About that Adam Hughes pin-up, apparently the kids in the background are modeled after the cast of Friends because it was what happened to be on TV when Hughes was doing the work.

(left to right: Chandler, Monica, Joey, and Phoebe, with Ross and Rachel in the foreground. And in that blog post, someone notes that Ross even has a little toy dinosaur.)

8. JTurner954

JTurner954 Paradigm City, USA

Going in as someone who doesn't follow Wonder Woman closely, I didn't like this issue.

Why is Wonder Woman going to the graduation of one of her former (current?) enemies?

I didn't care for the Power Girl-WW story at all. It was corny when they defeated "Egg Fu" and boring when Diana started counseling.

I liked the Superman-Wonder Woman team-up and most of the pin-ups were good, but why did it take so long to get to the story involving the costume? And why was it so short?

The article with Jim Lee and J. Michael Straczynski was the best part of the issue. The storyline has lots of potential, but it should have had more exposure in a book celebrating 600 issues.

And why was there a preview for Action Comics #890? They should have had a preview of Wonder Woman #601 instead.

Summary: D