1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Wonder Woman (2011 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Sep 21, 2011.

?

Rate and Comment - "Wonder Woman"

1. *****

40.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

20.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

20.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

20.0%
  1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

So how about the ending to issue #12? It looks like the New Gods are about to become involved in all of this. This book has truly been a fantastic ride so far and it is easily one of DC's strongest books out there right now. Orion's helmet! I was shocked to see that. Of course the scene where Wonder Woman takes off her bracelets and activates an incredible level of power was pretty stunning, too. With great writing and such beautiful art I don't know how anyone could not like this book.

2. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

This was a great issue. My favorite part was when Wonder Woman took off her braclets and unleashed a beatdown on Artemis. Has WW always been able to do this or is this exclusive to the New 52? Either way, it was an amazing scene.

A lot happened in this issue. Apollo takes the throne, Hera has been exiled to Earth and made mortal, Zola gives birth, Hermes takes the baby to Demeter, and we see a glimpse of a "New God" that rises from a snowy place and uses a boom tube. I really want to see what happens next, but issue #13 comes out in October since September is Zero Month. At least we get some backstory for every series in September, so I can't really complain.

3. Mattashell

Mattashell Before punk,there were NUGGETS

Wonder Woman #10: Vows
    So Wonder Woman has to get out of the predicament we last saw her in, and she basically fights her way out of it. Not too imaginative, but there’s more to it than that. The second half grated on me a bit, because they used the word “love” too much. I’m a HUGE fan of the concept of brotherly love between all mankind, but damn, if you use the word too much, it makes your dialogue sound downright unnatural. ***

Wonder Woman #0: The Lair of the Minotaur
    What starts out as a hilarious and awesome tribute/send up of the silver (or is it golden?) age of comics develops into something deeper, but keeps its tongue in its cheek and never loses its wide eyed sense of wonder. I’m not planning on making a habbit of this, but once again I’ve found something worthy of being designated pick of the week. ***** Pick of the Week!

Wonder Woman #11: Son Rise
    So, the Hades sub-arc is wrapped up, and we get an issue that really makes me want the story arc to end so the book can go in another direction. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve really loved this series up until now, but what we have here is just a pointless fight with the same antagonists (Apollo and Artemis) and that’s pretty much all you get here. I just want Zola to have her baby and be written out of the book at this point, because while it’s been great up until now, it suddenly feels like it’s just spinning its wheels, and the premise has already given everything it has to offer. *

Wonder Woman #12: Birth Right
    This was a huge improvement over the previous chapter, but I hope this is the end of the “Zola” arc, because it was great for about nine issues, but now I’m sick of it. Apollo tries to take over the abdicated throne of Zeus and eliminate the threat of Zola’s (dangerous according to prophecy) unborn child. I don’t want to give anything away, but this was a satisfying climax, with a lot of cool ideas. Now it’s time for a new direction. ****

Wonder Woman #13: Sin of the Father
    The characters take a break to adjust to the changes brought on by the previous maxi-arc. There’s a bit at the beginning with some people locating an unnamed god whom I’m assuming is the AWOL Zeus, and something crazy happens at the end. Simply put, most of this issue was confusing (I’m assuming intentionally so, and everything will fall into place in the coming arc.) and it felt short. Still, I liked what it had to offer anyway. ***

Wonder Woman #14: Just Desserts
    I was really looking forward to this book starting a new arc, but I guess I should have been careful what I wished for, because honestly, I’m lost in this new arc. I really don’t get what’s going on here anymore. It was nice to see some New Gods show up at the end, but seriously, this arc isn’t speaking to me yet. I hope it shapes up into something good. **

4. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

A new era and an all-new creative team for Wonder Woman! Are you onboard?

WONDER WOMAN #36

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Written by MEREDITH FINCH
    Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND

Please welcome the new superstar creative team of writer Meredith Finch and artist David Finch! As this new epic begins, the fate of the Amazons is about to be revealed, major new characters will be introduced and a new villain will arrive with enough power to defeat the combined might of Wonder Woman and her Justice League teammates! Don’t miss the start of this story that guest stars Swamp Thing! It will define what it takes for Diana to fulfill her destiny as Wonder Woman!

Comments?

5. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Now I can't be the only one who read this. This was bad. Really, really, really bad. A major step down in all regards, from the awful dialogue ("vegetative injustice"?) to the weak artwork that makes Wonder Woman look like she's 18 years old. Just an awful issue in all regards. While it does set up some potentially great stuff I don't know if it'll actually deliver. And the inclusion of the Justice League feels forced, like it's DC jamming them in there after having Wonder Woman go without interacting with the rest of the DCU for the last three years. And wow, all Wonder Woman does here is complain about how she has no time to do anything. She just complains, complains, complains. A major major step back. If things don't rebound for the book I hope a new creative team is put on this book sooner than later. What a massive step down.

6. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

She's ready for battle and has an all-new look! The New DC Universe! Are you ready?

WONDER WOMAN #41

[​IMG]

Written by MEREDITH FINCH
    Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and JONATHAN GLAPION

A daring new direction begins with the arrival of a brand-new villain! But while he may be new to us, he's not new to the world he seeks to tame. And speaking of villains, Donna Troy's quest to destroy Wonder Woman ratchets up another gear (if that's even possible!), while the games of the Gods bring dark portents to the ultimate Amazon!

Comments?