1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Wolverine's Origin

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by James Harvey, May 16, 2001.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Marvel Comics, in September, will be revealing the true origin of Wolverine once and for al in a 6 issue miniseries. To get the full scoop go to http://www.comicon.com/newsarama and to get a look at the cover to issue #1, just look below...(courtesy of newsarama)

[​IMG]

Comments?

2. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

looks pretty good i can not say i read much marval but that looks pretty good :)

3. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

[color=c00000]OOOO! SWEET! Now I get ta hope that I can get them....[/color]

4. James Harvey

Marvel

This may be the first time I buy a Marvel book in a long, long time...

5. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

Hmmmm. That cover is sweet! Looks almost Sam Keith-ish.

But I'm rather skeptical about it. I used to be a huge fan of the Wolverine comics back in the 80's/early 90's. But somewhere they went off track, and I've never been able to get back into them again. I really love the early Wolverine stuff, and I hope they don't trash what was "established" in those early issues too much. I'll probably pick t up to check it out, but I really hope I'm not going to be disappointed by it.

6. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

Gonna have to buy some comics...

And I haven't done that in a while...

It's about time they revealed his true origin. Of course, haven't they claimed to do that several times?

I hope it's not disappointing, also Clayface.

7. James Harvey

I love it if they got Jeph Loeb. How perfect would that be?

8. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Hey DG!...
    I always thought Wolverine was canadian?...or isn't he ?
    Now you got this cat confused :eek: :rolleyes:

9. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

[color=c00000]Wolvie's canadian[/color]

10. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

[color=6666cc]is he the only character from canda? just curious.[/color]

11. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

That's not too easy a question because there have been like a billion X-Men, right?? LOL. Anyway, of your standard X-Men members I think Logan is the only Canadian. But he's the one that matters most anyway (although Cyclops is my favorite, though not Canadian)! ;)

12. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Cyclops is just another pretty boy if you ask me but Wolvie! Now there is a man for you ...He RULES!.....besides, he could kick Cyclopes but anytime :D But Cyclops is my second fav :rolleyes:

13. Vigo Sprax

Vigo Sprax Member

I don't know much about Wolverine except for what I've seen in the animated show & the recent film.

What exactly is the mini-series going to explain? How he was that ex-CIA person who had the special metal binded to his skeleton, or even farther back? To his childhood? (Looks that way from the cover...). The next X-Men film appears to deal with the whole scientest & metal thing.

Sorry for my ignorance :p

14. James Harvey

I think it spans from his childhood to isue #181 of THE INCREDIBLE HULK, and each issue will cover a cerain event in his history.

15. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Re: Marvel

With the new EIC, Marvel's quality has improved by leaps and bounds. While there are only a couple books I am getting (Spidey, FF, Daredevil and X Factor), I have to say that Marvel is the best since the days I first started reading them in the early 80's. What I'm sayin, Dick, is why did you wait so long to get your first Marvel?

This series might be one I will have to really consider. Anybody know who the creative team will be on this?

16. James Harvey

The books just don't interest me as much. I find Batman much more intense and thralling than Spider-Man, or any of the other Marvel counterpartsd. I actually tried to pick up one of Chris Claremont's revamped X-MEN book, but the art was terrible and the story was just too much. I may actually pick up Grant Morrison's NEW X-MEN just to test it out. I hear nothing but good about that book so I might. The ar tlooks nice and I'd like to see the costume designs so I can learn to draw them if I have the time. I've been a Marvel fan off and on. I read Spiderman in the early ninties until the SPIDER-CLONE thing just sunk the books for me. X-MEN, I always fond, was either too cliched, too involved, too everything. Yu had to know years of back history to understand what was going on in one panel. DC has just alwasys impressed me with their books. But this 'new' Marvel could suprise me.

17. Clayface

Ok, I gotta say - the more I read about this, the more my hope slips away.

From an interview with Andy Kubert, the artist for the project:

And a recent interview with Paul Jenkins, the writer, made it sound like he didn't care much for the past history of the character, and wanted to do his own take on it.

I've got a feeling a lot of the old backstory is going to fly out the window as just "implanted memories" after this story.

18. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Wolverine/Logan

He's Canadian...he often calls himself "the ol' canuckle-head" in his ruminations. One of my many grumbles with the Evolution series is that his accent sounds more Texan...as does Rogue's. Don't get me started on my Kitty's voice rant...
    So how far does the ol' canucklehead go back? I've heard theories, which I've mentioned before, that claim Logan may have fought in the Civil War. That seems a bit far back, although a hitch in WWI wouldn't surprise me.
    Wolverine is probably my favorite X-character because he's the most human. He suffers, he questions God, he's angry much of the time, his memory has as many holes as an old seive...yet he's caring and seems to enjoy playing the unofficial father to the junior mutants (though he'd likely deny it if you said so to his face, bub!).

19. Clayface

The accent's not a big deal - they've always portrayed him in the comics as being a bit of a cowboy, and having that Texan accent. Yes, he's from Canda, but that doesn't mean he needs to keep a canadian accent - move ot another country or region with a different accent, and you'll pick it up pretty soon too.

20. killercroc

killercroc Active Member