1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Wolverine And The X-Men" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Marvel Animation Age has schedule details for upcoming episodes of Wolverine and The X-Men, including information on upcoming episodes and the season finale airdate. Click here for more!

2. ShadowDemon

ShadowDemon Member

Have any of those designs been published anywhere?

3. marvelfan101

marvelfan101 Member

I hope its true about the second season of W& the x-men going to Disney XD its not that I hate Nicktooons network just I find myself liking and watching Disney XD more and I don;t think Disney will make us wait so long to see the season finale of W& the x-men like Nicktoons has done cause that just gives people like me a reason to watch the show on the internet were I can find all of season 1 already

4. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Shots from SDCC were put up on [website name removed]. hard to make out though. I saw them live.

Disney XD, eh dunno. Nick Toons just picked up Fantastic Four.

I do think Nick Toons very poorly paced the broadcast of this season. It started strong but seemed to fall off with a consistent order after like 8 episodes. The show started out with some record great ratings for NickToons. So I hope the later episodes were able to do well.

Just saw this from James Harvey's link above:

So they are going to broadcast the 3 part finale as one special event on 11/29. That's good news. Looks like season 2 will be on NickToons at some point in 2010. Also good news.

Mod Note: Successive posts merged together.

5. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

Good news indeed. I wonder though if, just like with Season 1, Season 2 will air first in Canada and other nations and be available on DVD before airing and being on DVD in the US?

6. TheVileOne

Reporter

That depends Trevor. For starters, the first season was basically done in 2008. BBC, YTV, and Latin America all signed licensing and broadcasting deals for the season before anyone else. So that means it was airing in pretty much every part of the world except the US which started broadcasting it last March to go along with the movie. So all the foreign licensing and broadcasting rights were set up before the deal with NickToons was made.

No earthly idea if they've made those deals for season 2 already overseas. But I think it would be better for the show as a whole if you know we could get it here first so we aren't stuck reading Spanish spoilers on Newsarama.

7. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

Wasn't part of the reason a second season was commissioned before it had started airing in the States was that it was quite successful in other countries? I don't see why they wouldn't try and secure deals for season 2 early overseas if that's the case.

8. TheVileOne

Reporter

That's true. The production of season 2 was announced a while ago because it was doing very well overseas.

9. marvelfan101

marvelfan101 Member

dang nicktoons gets season 2 they better not make us wait so long to see the new season and make us wait so long to see the finale if they do I`ll just watch it on the net if I can find it

10. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

Yeah the first announcements of Season 2 came in November 2008---2 months before the US debut and 2 months after the Canadian debut.

11. marvelfan101

marvelfan101 Member

so I found something interesting check this out look at the first comment its from a peerson who claims to have gone to a job interview for Disney XD and claims after the Marvel Disney Merger Marvels shows on Nick will go to Disney XD I don't know if its true or not yes I know their have been some reports Nick would get the second season of wolve and X-men and Iron man shows but things may change ;)

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/...t-to-turn-into-disney-at-the-end-of-the-year/

12. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Doubt it's true. The fact that it's in the comments is a big warning sign.

13. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Nicktoons will air the complete first season of Wolverine and the X-Men this weekend. The Wolverine and the X-Men marathon runs from 10 a.m.-11 p.m. on Saturday. For those who haven't seen the show yet this is your chance!

14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's cool. While I wish that there was a complete season DVD set for this show, a day long marathon for the first season is a good idea too. I still need to see the last four episodes of the season as well. Thanks for the reminder.

15. TheVileOne

Reporter

Lionsgate so far has released several single volumes of the show and a set of the first half of the series together.

So we won't get a season 1 box set until they release the whole thing in single volume releases I suppose.

16. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That sounds pretty cool. I didn't know that they released anything beside the first volume since I haven't looked up other DVD releases. I figured that more DVD news would appear in this board or on the home page. I should look more into that. It makes sense that they would wait until after all of the single volumes are released before a full season set is released. That happens with a lot of other shows. Thank you for the information.

17. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

You're in the US, right? Well the Liberation Entertainment released the entire first season on DVD back in late-August/early-September (it was within a week of the Volumes 3 & 4 of the 90's X-Men from Disney) here in Canada, and the DVD's are NTSC Region 1 meaning that they will play in DVD players in the US.

18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't know that. I thought that DVD's from Canada couldn't work with DVD players in the U.S. I appreciate that you would make that suggestion, but I'll probably just wait for the full set to be released here in the U.S. I'll be able to wait, especially since I already have plenty of DVD's to watch.

19. JeffBreakdown

JeffBreakdown Member

i don't see why waiting matters if it's been available for months

http://www.amazon.ca/Wolverine-X-Me...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1262669213&sr=8-1

20. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

Any DVD from Canada or the US will work in either country since both countries use the NTSC video system and the Region 1 (or in the case of Blu-ray, Region A) coding. I know that I've seen over on tvshowsondvd.com a lot of times the webmasters there will tell people that if they are in Canada and the DVD is only being released in the US (or vice versa) that the DVD will still work in regular Canadian or American bought DVD players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.