1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Wolverine And The X-Men" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Get the latest Wolverine & The X-Men updates and new on this series from Marvel Animation.

[​IMG]
    Wolverine and The X-Men airs Fridays at 8pm (ET) on Nicktoons Network
    For the latest news, check out Marvel Animation Age and the newest posts in this thread!

In the link below, check out archived and recent news, as well.

Related Threads:
    -The Official "Wolverine & The X-Men" News & Rumor Thread, Part 1 (Possible Spoilers)
    -The Official "Wolverine & The X-Men" News & Rumor Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Note: Please keep this topic, and the discussion found within, on-topic. Any necessary disciplinary action will be taken if necessary. Thank you.

2. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Ms. Marvel did become Binary after being subjected to an evolutionary ray by the Brood, but she joined the Starjammers (a group of space-faring pirates led by Cyclops' father, Corsair). Carol was never an X-Man; it wouldn't make any sense for her to join the X-Men since she's not a mutant. After the Rogue incident, Ms. Marvel has been a frequent ally to the X-Men, though.

3. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Member

She never formally joined, but she was basically on the team; she lived at the mansion for a good while, went on their missions, and was offered a spot to make it official, which she declined because of Rogue.
    The absorbtion ability is her core power; it's the whole premise of the character, really.

Back in Thread 2, there was a list of some episode titles. Time for some speculation about content:

Ep. 1 "Hindsight Pt. 1"
    Ep. 2 "Hindsight Pt. 2"
    Ep. 3 "Hindsight Pt. 3"
    Ep. 4 "Overflow"
    Ep. 7 "Wolverine Vs. The Hulk" (gee, what'll this be about?)
    Ep. 11 "Past Discretions" (Wolverine flashback episode?)
    Ep. 13 "Battle Lines"
    Ep. 14 "Stolen Lives" (sounds like a Rogue story)
    Ep. 16 "Badlands"
    Ep. 19 "Guardian Angel" (about Warren)
    Ep. 22 "Aces & Eights" (about Gambit)
    Ep. 23 "Shades of Grey" (Jean-related)
    Ep. 25 "Foresight Pt. 2" (season finale, presumably returning to the whole "fight the future" premise shown in the pilot)

4. B-kun

B-kun Fear the cat-eared dog demon

About it not making any sense for Carol to join the X-Men, Juggernaut and Hepzibah aren't mutants but that certainly didn't stop them.

5. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

To get this thread back on topic there's a gallery of screenshots from the last trailer online at X-Menfilms.net in very good quality.

[​IMG]

And apparently the show is airing in Brazil already according to Animated Superheroes. YTV has been airing a few different commercials for the show's premiere next week.

6. thundarr82

thundarr82 Member

Spider-Man, I agree that there should be no more complaining about Rogue's lack her flying powers et al. The series Wolverine And The X-Men looks like it will be a great show and likely, at least for me, fall to 2nd in comparison to Fox Kids X-Men. At least WATXM did not completely re do the X-Men as Evolution did.

7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I think this series has a chance to be the definitive one, combining the better qualities of both of the past series

I just wonder what sort of role Colossus would play. I'm guessing it's probably a guest/ minor supporting role like on the previous two and the movies. Is the big guy too boring for Saturday mornings ? Or too strong maybe ?

8. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

It could be because Colossus' main mutant power is super strength, and there's already plenty of muscle power on the X team already.

It could also be because Colossus' shtick, if you will, is a tad dated. I mean, the "friendly Russian" idea was big in the days of Glasnost, when the character was introduced, but it's not exactly relevant now.

Just a guess.

9. Windrider

Windrider Member

remind me again when the american airfate is I already know it's on nicktoons but will it be on the regular nick too?

also if i have bbc amerca will i be able to watch it there?

10. creativerealms

creativerealms Active Member

Just Nicktoons, and BBC America seems to just air BBC premier shows and not really any imports they get so I'm prety sure it won't air Wolverine and the X-men.

11. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

We get it in the US next year and there's no way they'd show it on BBC America

12. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

The Marvel guys at SDCC said January 2009 for the show's premiere on Nicktoons.

BBC has insulted all the fans by ignoring the show and us as well.

It's currently airing on Jetix in Brazil.

I think people who are still angry over the end of JLU would like this show and they should check it out. This is going to be a show heavily built on a big story arc over 26 episodes.

And we get to see a ton of characters.

13. NightwingAngelo

Just a little over 1 week to go!!! I've been years for more X-Men on Television. I can hardly wait.

I do wish it premiered earlier on BBC so I'd know what was going on right now, but the premiere is closing in now, so it's all good... except for the people who get BBC getting screwed over.

Will there be some sort of penalty/punishment to BBC dished out by Marvel afte this or something, or is it noto too big of a deal to them? Personally, I'm pretty steamed really.

And extra month's wait for me, and even worse for others.

14. bigdeath

bigdeath A Legend is Born

My favorite character, Woverine of course, gets to be the lead. :D

And the fact that they actually have Emma Frost and Woverine vs Hulk just makes this look so perfect.

15. thundarr82

thundarr82 Member

I also would like to see Collasus have a permament spot on the X-Men. With all the trouble Vladimir Putin is causing in Georgia, The time could be right once again for the strong, friendly, Peter Rasputin to be a major player on the X-Men.

16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

For Colossus:

17. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter O Frabjous Day!

Is it just me, or is that Forge in one of the pictures? And was the blonde one Iceman?

I would like to see Colossus, but not yet. A Kitty/Peter romance would be a first in an X-Men animated series, would it not?

About the titles: "Badlands." Any ideas? I've got nothing. When would Mojo come in? "Battle Lines?" "Overflow?" Maybe he shows in "Badlands." Also, you think Longshot will show? Because of the Ultimate Universe, I now automatically associate Mojo with Longshot and with Spiral, who apparently is in the show.

EDIT: OK, I was looking through the photos on the site that Spider-Man provided, and I saw

I've never seen

#17 Mad Hatter, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  18. ifthismeansevos

ifthismeansevos It's been a while.

hi

Kinda new to this thread.

Has the show already premierd?

When is it gonna be released , internationally?

19. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

its aired in brazil, itl air in canada soon, over here in 2009, and in the UK.... eventualy (BBC's holding back apparently)

20. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

sounds great, pretty true to character

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.