1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Will we get a fully animated Looney Tunes movie?

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Rabbitearsblog, May 8, 2017.

?

Who's your favorite Looney Tunes character?

1. Bugs Bunny

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Daffy Duck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Foghorn Leghorn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Pepe LePew

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Tweety Bird

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sylvester

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Yosemite Sam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Tasmanian Devil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Porky Pig

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Speedy Gonzales

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rabbitearsblog

I was wondering that after watching the last few Looney Tunes movies that has a cross between live action and animation, will we ever get a fully animated Looney Tunes movie? And, this does not include the recent animated film "Rabbits Run" since that's mostly based off of the Looney Tunes Show.

I was thinking that if they did decided to do a fully animated Looney Tunes movie, it might be about Bugs and Daffy and focus on their relationships with the other Looney Tunes characters. As for the conflict of the story, I'm still trying to think that up, but what do you want to see in a fully animated Looney Tunes movie?

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I don't think Rabbits Run was based of The Looney Tunes show it was lose from the series.

3. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I think the five compilation films* that came out are the closest we've ever gotten to getting one.

*The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie (1979), The Looney, Looney, Looney Bugs Bunny Movie (1981), Bugs Bunny's 3rd Movie: 1001 Rabbit Tales (1982), Daffy Duck's Movie: Fantastic Island (1983), and Daffy Duck's Quackbusters (1988; Mel Blanc's final performance in a Looney Tunes production). Bugs Bunny Superstar (1975) doesn't quite count since that was more of documentary that happened to feature some of the pre-1948 shorts (it was released by United Artists originally).

4. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

Hasn't it been said several times that the LT characters don't really lend themselves to things like movies? They barely did so in a sitcom.

5. Rabbitearsblog

I did wonder why they wanted to do a sitcom style show with the Looney Tunes in the first place, but it would be nice to see a Looney Tunes movie that not only stays true to the roots of the franchise, but also add some depth to the characters and the stories.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. ShadowBlinky

I just don't believe that characters specifically made for comedy and slapstick should have more depth than necessary.

7. Rabbitearsblog

I guess that's possible. Maybe if they did a Looney Tunes movie that was similar in the vein of "Hot Shots" or the "Scary Movie" series, then it might be pretty entertaining to watch.

8. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I think it could work. The characters have enough depth to hold their own movies that aren't compilation movies. Plus, I think characters known more for comedy can have a good amount of depth to them. Just look at Scooby Doo, with projects like Mystery Incorporated or most of the DVD movies.

9. ShadowBlinky

From the very beginning, Scooby's shows have always had more than just comedy, though. They also have elements of suspense, danger, action, adventure, and (of course) mystery.

10. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

I think it'd be great, and done in the same higher quality as the Tom and Jerry direct-to-video movies usually are. But I would do a different approach with them: instead of a single full-length story (since many said they don't lend very well to something like that), the movie could be a series of newly-made shorts linked together with bridging footage all done in a theme, like the Disney "package" feature films or "Muppet Classic Theater." They could do one similar to the latter with adapting classic fairy tales and such they haven't covered before, or maybe one that's movie parodies. (They could probably whip up a fun 10-minute parody of "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" that would most likely turn out better than that Tom & Jerry one coming out in a couple months!)
    If they can't have animation done domestically, then at least get Toon City Entertainment or Lotto Animation to do them, as they've handled the Looney Tunes much better than Rough Draft Korea. (Though one of WB's go-to overseas studios nowadays is Digital eMation, but all they did with the Tunes was the "Super Rabbit" episode of TLTS, and when Seth MacFarlane would parody them on "Family Guy" and his "Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy," but that doesn't really count as the characters were rendered in Seth's usual style.) And they should have better writers and such handle them instead of Larry Dorf, Hugh Davidson and the Groundlings crew. And they should also stick to the classic Treg Brown/Warner Bros. sound effects. Advantage Audio hasn't really done that with "Wabbit"/"New Looney Tunes," "Rabbits Run" or "The Looney Tunes Show" (they prefer to use the Hanna-Barbera sound FX.) But if they have Monterey Post/DigiPost.TV do the sound design, then they would probably make it sound closer to the classics (they even have access to some Treg Brown sound FX NOT on the Warner sound library CD set Sound Ideas put out 25 years ago.)

11. Rabbitearsblog

That sounds really interesting! I would like to see how Looney Tunes would tackle fairy tales and folktales. I really enjoyed their version of Little Red Riding Hood!

12. ShadowBlinky

:^: Their version of "Jack and the Beanstalk" rules as well:
    :daffy:: My name is, uh, Aloysius!!
    :lol:

13. Rabbitearsblog

I haven't seen that version for a long time! I need to rewatch it again. I wonder what their version of Thumbelina and Rapunzel would be like?