1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Will the last Naruto eps ever be shown?

Discussion in 'Toonami (Archived Forum)' started by Dai_Maxwell, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dai_Maxwell

Dai_Maxwell Member

Or is CN witholding their broadcast to blackmail/"make Viz an offer they couldn't refuse" to force them to give them more favorable licensing agreements for Shippuden/The Hurricane Chronicles?

Or is it what we really suspect and CN is just being a giant **** and giving us all the middle finger salute?

2. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

At this point I think that if CN had any plans to finish Naruto I am sure the process would have at least started by now. Viz has acknowledged that CN has not ordered either Shippudden or the final episodes but has not said anything else towards this matter concretely.

Whatever CN's plans are, they do NOT include Naruto or Viz Media. I doubt we'll have a true answer to this until Naruto's rights expire. Apparently CN renewed Naruto to 2010 even though they stopped airing it. And the only reason why a channel would do that would be to prevent Naruto, which is still a popular franchise, from being used against them.

3. Raidon Makoto

Raidon Makoto Long Live The Heroes

That... sounds illegal, not to mention pretty evil. Especially if they won't air the darn show. :p

4. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

Who knows? Cartoon Network has been known to make random out-of-the-blue decisions. For example, they recently got back together with 4Kids, airing Choatic and 5D's come summer.

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

At this point, I don't care anymore. I will just wait for the boxsets.

6. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

Looks like you ain't got no choice. Maybe Viz should just reject any deal made by CN, and just cross over to SciFi, where they'll treat Naruto with the best care, by replacing an hour of Star Trek: TNG with an hour of Naruto: Shippuden.

7. Yusuke Urameshi

Nah, then they have to sell the rights to manga entertainment..

unless viz is desperate, but honestly, they have funimation channel now, and thats where theyll most likely stay for a while.

8. Dai_Maxwell

Dai_Maxwell Member

You have any links to the Viz statements or what sounds like interesting reading about a conflict between VIZ and CN?

I could easily see a fall lineup change and dare I say it, a relaunch of Toonami or a launch of a new named program block once there are enough dubbed eps of Shippuuden to start airing on a weekly basis.

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure if Naruto's last few episodes will air on CN. It is possible, but I'm not sure how likely it is to happen. Since they did decide to air 5D's when I thought that they wouldn't after how GX didn't do so well, it is possible that they could change their minds about Naruto.

Viz could also upload the dub on a legal site for those who do want to watch the dub and then there's the DVD sets themselves that will contain the last episodes of the series as well.

10. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

You mean like Hulu, or even Youtube? That sounds... almost interesting.

11. Bunai

Bunai ShakeIT, BakeIT, BootyQuake IT

Well, the only way for the Naruto series to continue in English, is to air it on TV or have a paying site.

It is turning out to be a long series. And it it probably cost a lot of money.

This is one reason why we barely get Shoujo based shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.