1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Will The Fairly OddParents get an 11th season?

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Carlos Gutierrez, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Carlos Gutierrez

Should anybody like to consider either Butch Hartman or some of his crew doing an 11th season of "The Fairly OddParents"?

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Seeing how new episodes were moved to Nicktoons, I'd be surprised if it got renewed again. Also, it's not up to Butch or any of his crew. It's up to Nick.

3. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Please, God no.

This show needs to die ASAP and I'm certain everyone here agrees with me. Even Nick doesn't care about it anymore (they've got The Loud House, after all).

Seriously, we don't need anymore episodes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Cartoonfan15

Cartoonfan15 Banned

I was a big Fairly OddParents fan from 2003 - 2009, but even I feel that the show doesn't need an 11th season.

Unlike SpongeBob, Nickelodeon doesn't really care about the show anymore. They don't really air it on their channel anymore and they've moved their episodes to Nicktoons. If they aren't going to treat it well anymore, then I doubt that it's going to get another season.

I would honestly be fine if the show ends after the 10th season. I loved the show when I was little (I still do love the first few seasons actually) and it was one of my childhood favorites, but I don't see any reason to really renew it for another season.

5. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I would wait for the upfront next month in March for the decision. If Fairly OddParents isn't mentioned in the upfront, then it may be certain for cancellation after season 10. I was surprised when Rabbids Invasion when moved to Nicktoons during middle of season 2, it somewhat renewed for season 3 based on article though Nickelodeon didn't mention it. And Rabbids wasn't mentioned in last year's upfront.

Anyway back to FOP, I don't see any merchandising going on since Poof or Sparky or Chloe became a main character. Butch Hartman doesn't seem to care or show emotions when FOP moves to Nicktoons.
    And maybe when season 10 finishes production, we might know there may not be official ending or closure, and could it be possible that Nickelodeon business network doesn't want them to make real ending?

6. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

Definitely no. The show had ran its course and had been sucking since season 9. Besides Hartman is probably busy with Bunsen is a Beast.

7. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I agree FOP shouldn't be renewed again, but that one wouldn't really matter since production continued the same time Danny Phantom and T.U.F.F. Puppy were being made.

8. Cartoon Ruler

Nah, the show actually went downhill since Channel Chasers. Seasons 4-8 were mediocre yet tolerable. Season 9 was definitely the show's worst season, though.

9. CJaguar265

CJaguar265 The 80's will never die!!

I support an 11th season

10. Cartoon Ruler

You sure? Especially at how bad and unpopular the show has gotten?

11. CJaguar265

CJaguar265 The 80's will never die!!

Overseas the show is still popular. The networks don't care about the American market any more. Nickelodeon like cartoon network will milk this cash cow until it's dry. Just like spongebob which alot people hate as well

12. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Actually, now Spongebob seems to be mostly met with indifference. Probably because either they think the show has rebounded in quality (me being among them), or, more often, they don't feel like looking into it anymore. Shame, really; I'd love to see more recent moments get quoted rather than just the first three seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I doubt it will, but if it did, I'm interested in what gimmick they'll pull for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

Like FOP is in any way a cash cow anymore

15. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

There's always a possibility of another season. We'll just have to wait and find out. I just hope that if another season is made Hartman would find an excuse to put someone else in charge because it's obvious he doesn't care about the show anymore.

He obviously stopped caring about the show since it's shows with the show's quality.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Or he could just think what he's doing with the show is actually good. I mean, complaints online don't mean squat if they're not coming from the show's demographic.
    I'm not saying the show hasn't gotten worse, but that doesn't mean he's intentionally making bad shows.

As for the change in animation, that could be the network's decision, not his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I don't think the show needs nor deserves it. It's been on and off for almost 15 years and it ran its course. One more season won't magically save it and make it better.

18. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

Like SBSP, I think FoP should just be put out of its misery already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I think he wanted to move onto action shows, hence why he tried making a Crash Nebula series and made Danny Phantom and TUFF Puppy which had a mix of action and comedy. The effort just doesn't feel like it's there anymore. The fact that Hartman had to get rid of Sparky is proof that even the show's demographic didn't like him. Though I find Chloe an improvement over Sparky and even poof as those two only gave Timmy more fairies and more power while Chloe adds to the wish potential.

I'm actually not bothered by the change in animation. The quality I was talking about is the writing.

Just ask a Mod to ban your account if you don't want to come back here anymore.

The only way to save it would be for some of the original writers to come back.

20. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Cute and Mean

The past two seasons, I was against it coming back but generally indifferent, but after what they've done to this series, I can't bear to see them drag it through the mud any longer, it needs to stop.

Just give Butch Hartman his Crocker+Timmy's Dad spin off. That's the only thing he wants. Stop duping people into thinking this series is still about fairies, magic, or Timmy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1