1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Disney Use A Meander Animation For their Future Animated Films?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by TsWade2, Jul 24, 2017.

1. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Hi guys,

I hope I won't get carried away of this, but remember Disney shorts called Paperman and Feast that Disney used a new animated medium called a meander that used 2d and 3d at the same time and got their academy awards for them? Well, I wondering if Disney will ever use a meander for their future animated films. Here's the link:https://www.disneyanimation.com/technology/innovations/meander Of course, I found an article that says that they can no longer use in Paperman and Feast form, but use it as a library called Meanderkit. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Anyway, there's been a fan speculation rumor saying the reason why Gigantic is delay to 2020 because it might be the first animated feature to be used a meander. I'm not 100% guaranteed that would be the case, but that's what I've heard. As much I thought Moana is a beautiful film and I'm glad they use some 2d animation in it, but I don't think that counts a meander film. Or does it? Anyway, what do you guys think?

#1 TsWade2, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Hopefully they do those results are really stunning.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

You think so? I'm surprised you agree with me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I remember the director of "Paperman" talking about the idea of using the tech for features, maybe on the Disney Shorts Blu-ray commentary tracks. If I remember right, he pretty much said, "Maybe, we don't know yet" and given the pace of technology, I don't know that we'd recognize it as such if it did appear. If I can remember to do it, I'll throw the disc in and re-watch. Not finding anything in a quick Google search at the moment.

5. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

That's true. I couldn't find it on google.