1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Will CN even CELEBRATE its 25th Anniversary?

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by superkeegan9100, Feb 26, 2017.

?

Will they?

1. No, they'll just celebrate 25 years WITH A TEEN TITANS GO MARATHON!

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. Yes, I'm sure they will.

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  1. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Would it, though? Five years isn't that small of a time gap. If they did a throwback marathon every week or even every year, I'd agree, but every so often it'd be kinda nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

What I mean is, Cartoon Network went all out for its 20th anniversary celebration. Special commemorative videos, custom tailored crossover bumpers, the revival of Cartoon Planet, the works. I feel most were expecting a celebration of that magnitude again since 25 is a little more special as it marks a quarter of a century.

We already got a commemorative video with that dancing sign on bumper and the characters bursting out of a box, and maybe some old shows here and there wouldn't hurt (Billy and Mandy is a welcome addition). But if anyone is expecting a repeat of CN's 20th, they are sorely mistaken, or at least not until 2022 for CN's 30th anniversary.

That's where I'd place my bets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Much like 2007, I don't really think 2022 will really bring any big celebration, sure it will be their big 3rd decade around but a 30th anniversary isn't anything large as 10, 20 and 25th anniversaries.

4. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

15th anniversary's are hardly ever celebrated. But 25th anniversaries, that's something special.

It's probably easier to focus on the 10 year anniversaries, but it still feels like they should do more for the 25th...

5. mqg96

mqg96 Member

I explained this earlier in the thread. Every 10 years will always be celebrated, like 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, etc. The only years ending with a 5 that have to be celebrated are the 25th year and the 75th year since those are quarters of a century. That's why there was no point for a 15th anniversary in 2007. But Cartoon Network must definitely celebrate a 30th anniversary in 2022. 30 is a huge number because it's usually a whole generation later in society, or however people define it. When I think of 30 years, I think of what my parents were doing when they were around my age, or what my grandparents were doing when they were prime adults. Regardless of my analysis, wonderfly is on point that quarters of a century anniversaries (25th, 50th, 75th) are supposed to be MUCH bigger than every 10 year anniversaries.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Geez, I'll be in my 50s when CN hits it's 50th and I wouldn't be the only one

• Agree Agree x 1