1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Will CN even CELEBRATE its 25th Anniversary?

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by superkeegan9100, Feb 26, 2017.

?

Will they?

1. No, they'll just celebrate 25 years WITH A TEEN TITANS GO MARATHON!

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. Yes, I'm sure they will.

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  1. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

By the current state of the channel, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Constant schedule changes, endless marathons of TTG and Gumball, poor premiere slots, I can just go on and on, but I won't, in order to maintain my non-annoying personality.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. RafaTA.

RafaTA. Faster

I think with TTG Marathon, I do not know if they're really celebrating like they were at the 20th Anniversary, because that birthday they gave it all ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Show spamming does not indicate whether or not the powers that be want to celebrate an anniversary.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

I agree, but you quoted my post twice.

5. RafaTA.

RafaTA. Faster

Sorry i touch the "reply" botton two times XD

6. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Probably not. At this point, Cartoon Network is being run by executive hacks who think kids will only watch Teen Titans Go! and nothing else because of high ratings.

Five years ago from today, it already started celebrating its 20th anniversary (Cartoon Planet revival being the first example). Now? Nothing so far.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

The Cartoon Planet revival actually started on March 30, 2012.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Oh, my mistake then. Still, we haven't got any recent news on CN's 25th anniversary yet.

9. Action!

Action! Active Member

If it's a TTG marathon all weekend, there's no way I'm going to watch that marathon.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

There's no point of saying it if they already did it for several times before and now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

They very likely will. I mean, it obviously won't be as all out as their 20th anniversary, but they obviously know milestones when they see them.

Spamming TTG by default doesn't automatically mean they won't.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

If they ever do decide to throw an anniversary, I can already guess that its not going to even come close to the quality the 20th anniversary did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. BlooMac

BlooMac Well-Known Member

Highly doubtful, CN has changed its management since Snyder stepped down and Miller took over. The network doesn't seem to have interest in the old shows anymore and only cares about kids watching TTG and Gumball. Aside from airing Tom and Jerry Tales and briefly having Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries and Baby Looney Tunes on the schedule, they haven't aired any old shows in the last 3 years.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

No doubt they will. The only question is how, when and to what extent. It could be very subtle like social media posts or it could be a new branding with a revamped schedule and something special. Or something in between like an on air bug for example. We'll see. I wouldn't write them off just yet even though I agree that the channel has changed in the past months and years for worse.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. szjdfgs

szjdfgs Well-Known Member

I doubt they will.

I don't think it's because of the current management being terrible or Miller most likely being a reptilian (okay, not really) who fails at attracting the general audience.

But more because celebrating 30 years sounds a lot more interesting than 25 years, you know?

I could be wrong though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I don't know. 25 years old sounds more special to me than 30 years old. It's a quarter of hundred.

Their previous birthday party might not look like long ago, but to kids it was. A ten year old boy was still in kindergarten back in 2012.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. zajgrg

zajgrg Active Member

It is highly unlikely that they will do something spectacular. As a lot of you already said it will probably be something minor but seeing CN USA's current state, you might not even get that. I'm sorry but a major schedule change has a 0.01% chance of happening.
    I do agree that a quarter of a century is more important than 20 years but it feels like 2012 was so long ago. I mean: no TTG, live action was still on the channel but to a lesser extent, Gumball was still a relatively new thing and so on...
    But anyway, be happy with what you get.

18. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

IMPO, Christina Miller is being hamstrung by the morons still there (i.e. Rob Sorcher) who'd rather "spam" Teen Titans Go! & The Amazing World of Gumball down the viewers' throats than break ranks and offer a more diverse lineup. Bear in mind, too, that CN isn't the only channel that "spams" certain programs just because they're the hottest shows on the roster.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

I think we know, Nick does this too, but isn't much like they did before other new show like TLH and so on, although that doesn't change much with the mindset of higher ups, who makes up a bigger difference than that of those under them.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

20. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Not just Nick, but straight across the Viacom line, save for MTV Classic. Also, USA (NCIS, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit), Laff, which has blocks of Night Court, Roseanne, and others, and almost every other non-sports, non-movie channel you can think of.

• Agree Agree x 3