Will Adult Swim ever rebrand?

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by The Master C, Jan 4, 2013.

1. The Master C

The Master C Member

We've been seeing the same bumps for almost 10 years now. The [as] bumps look very boring to me now. I wonder if 2013 will finally be the year that [adult swim] rebrands...

I personally like this one:
    http://youtu.be/9s7tqUkLWjs
    http://youtu.be/u3NXaVRcwz8

Even though the above rebrand is meant for an [as] network, I think it would be a great rebrand for the block.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
  2. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

If a rebrand ever happens, the one thing I hope doesn't change is the commercial break format. Unlike CN proper, AS has kept the "one commercial break during a show/one commercial break between shows" format, along with not marginalizing the end credits of each show. CN, like most channels these days, has adopted the "three commercial breaks during a show" format since 2004. I know it's a minor nitpick, but I far prefer viewing shows with minimal interruptions.

3. The Master C

The Master C Member

I hope that doesn't change, either. If it does, then Toonami would have to make extra bumpers like "(show name here) will be right back" and "(show name here) now continues".

4. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

That's a very slick look that would have been great for ASA if Toonami didn't come back.

It's hard to imagine Adult Swim without the black and white bumps. That's where a lot of their personality is visible to the viewers. Some people even watch the shows on Adult Swim because of the text bumps.

All kids out of the pool and the custom life guard bumps were fun though so they could probably come up with something else eventually.

Here I thought this thread was going to talk about renaming Adult Swim and that's something they should possibly consider but they live by a "if it's not broken, don't fix it" policy.

5. The Master C

The Master C Member

They could rename Adult Swim, but I doubt they would want to.

6. vegeta95748

vegeta95748 New Member

I honestly can't picture adult swim any other way than they are right now. i can remember back to the swimming pool days, but it's just really hard to imagine all of [as] being like that now. A rebrand like you talk about could work really well for them, but I think i'd still miss the black and white bumps.

7. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk is on a ridey-ride to hell

I would think that white text on a black screen is very cheap to make, so maybe that's why they've stuck with it for so long.

Probably why the new Toonami recycled its 2005 packaging.

8. The Master C

The Master C Member

Maybe they just don't have the money to rebrand yet. I would also like to see Toonami rebrand with a different TOM (like the conceptual TOM 4 pictured below), but that'll come when they get more money.
    [​IMG]
    Adult Swim could do the bumps in the font displayed in the 1st post of the thread if (by an extremely remote chance) they rebrand to the style in the 1st post.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
  9. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

AS' trademark has become abstract, sarcastic humor in a very minimalist fashion, so if it works, it ain't gonna be fixed.

10. The Master C

The Master C Member

It's gonna stop working sometime...

11. Sketch

Is it?

That's been working for them for nearly a decade.

The great thing about the simplistic cards is they'll never run out of material for them because they talk about all kinds of stuff with them.

I dare say that Adult Swim without those sarcastic and somewhat informative cards is like Toonami without a host and clever bumpers using show footage.

12. BlooMac

BlooMac a.k.a. BlooMac

Considering this, maybe there won't be a new logo any time soon.

13. Sketch

One might argue the AS logo has never been "interesting"

14. Mixiboi

Mixiboi New Member

Eventually it will happen....Look at Nick, or even Cartoon Network...

But it'll probably be when none of us watch it anymore...