1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wild Thornberrys

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Calhoun07, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I was wondering if there were any fans of this show on the board? I have been slowly getting exposed to this series at the video store I work at, where we have Direct TV on display and we are allowed to only have it on certain channels during business hours. On Sunday mornings, I usually turn it to Nickelodeon and I've seen bits and pieces of this show and think it looks pretty good. I am disappointed it's not on in primetime, tho.

2. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

It is in primetime alot. Heck when it first premeired it was like on twice during the week in Primetime. To answer your question I use to watch it, but I slowly got out of it. The show just seemed less and less interesting to me. I like the tension thing between Eliza and that Ben guy though, good stuff IMO. And Nigel rocks hard and often.

The Wild Thornbery's is one of Klasky Csupos better shows. Of coarse they are not as good as the use to be. Rugrats use to be the clever, incredibly witty, now its sunk into mediocrity.

Interesting, when Rocket Power first came out. My brother and I debated about whether the art style was more similar to the Wild Thornberry's/Real Monsters/San bugito (spell) or Rugrats. My beleief was the former.

3. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I checked the listings at Yahoo and Wild Thornberrys is listed at AM hours only. Oh, well.

4. RockItShipper

RockItShipper Master of Flying Guillotine

I heard something about a movie some months back

5. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I'd have to agree with you there. I never seen Rocket Monsters, but I turned to Nick yesterday afternoon to see what was on, and it looked to me like Thornberrys might be on, so I went to the TV Guide channel to see what it was, and it was Rocket Monsters. So I can see how people think the style of the two shows is similar.

6. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

Rocket Monsters? Do you mean Rocket power or Real Monsters?

7. DerekPowers

DerekPowers Ruler of Gotham City, 2049

hey, did anyone ever watch the "jumanji" cartoon on upn? it came out before "the wild thornberries", and guess i shouldnt comment too much cause i havent seen too many eps of twt, but it is suspiciously similar to the jumanji cartoon, ESPECIALLY in animation style and character designs. anyone else notice this??

8. RockItShipper

RockItShipper Master of Flying Guillotine

Just to add to the confusion... :D Pokemon's called Pocket Monsters in Japan.

9. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Geez, there I go again! That's what I get for trying to fly by the past couple days on little sleep! I meant Rocket Power. That's the show that was on last night that I thought for a moment might be Thornberrys.

10. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Berry picking

It's a very good show, though I catch it scattershot because I can never recall when it's on (and nick doesn't help matters by reshuffling their lineup every two bloody weeks). Tim Curry is a favorite actor of mine, and his vocals as the father are a highlight of the show. In fact, I do a pretty good impersonation of Nigel Thornberry ("Oh, of course. [braying laugh] Do be a dear and pass me the kippers, would you, poppet?")
    Tonight was a very touching episode about an elderly cow elephant whom Nigel met and rescued from poachers twenty years before. At the end, after a struggle to rescue her daughter from drowning in a mudhole, she, feeling her age, lies down and quietly dies.

11. Nightflower

Nightflower Floral Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Berry picking

I think the show is pretty good and underappreciated, and even somewhat decently educative (is that even a word??) for kids. Course I can't sit through ten minutes without my mind wandering and then seeing what else is on -_-....short attention span

12. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

From the episodes I have seen bits and pieces of, I really enjoy it, and hope to see more. If Nick ever gets their animation on DVD, I would choose to have Wild Thornberrys on DVD first before Ren and Stimpy and Spongebob Squarepants.