1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Wii U]Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Pre-Release Discussions)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Apr 1, 2015.

1. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

Nintendo had a new Direct today and this was one of their titles they showed. Here's a new trailer.

[video=youtube;0fS24IxelBA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA[/video]

2. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Aside from one guy carrying a rapier around, this trailer leaves me completely lost on how it has anything to do with Fire Emblem at all. I'll just assume this is meant to hype up the SMT half and we'll learn more about crossover stuff later.

It seems all right, albeit thoroughly JRPGish and possibly so to a fault. I'm open to it though.

3. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

This looks nothing like a proper Shin Megami Tensei game. Even if you crank up the otaku pandering in Persona 4 (which isn't SMT) to 11, you still won't be close to this. This looks like a sequel to Conception.

4. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Countrymen,

I agree. This resembles Tensei and Fire Emblem in the loosest sense possible. Should have just titled it something else and added the characters from the two series as dlc or something.

That being said I dig the designs and it looks like it could be fun.

5. Mr. Hypocrite

Mr. Hypocrite Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.

I've seen a GameXplain video that goes into detail on what elements from Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei this game already has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge4XXLVKS0Y Here it is. (It's been too long since I've been here. I can't remember how to embed videos. Blame Tvtropes).

I admit, I was also worried that the game doesn't really look like Shin Megami Tensei or Fire Emblem, but it's still early. Lets see how things go down.