Wii Graphics Myths Debunked

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by peacebyanymeans, Feb 18, 2007.

1. peacebyanymeans

peacebyanymeans HORRIBLE FOR EVERYONE

By this guy.

Just found this on the ol' Tubes and thought I'd share it.

2. HG Revolution

HG Revolution Truth (with crazy opinions!)

I knew the Wii was capable of good graphics. What annoys me is that developers don't seem to know. The prettiest launch title was Zelda, and that's a Gamecube game! Man, those screenshots from Super Mario Galaxy look as if they came from an entirely different system than, say, Far Cry Vengance.

3. Mynd Hed

Mynd Hed Holy blue on a popo!

It's always that way with a new system, especially a Nintendo one for some reason; the first party games look stellar, and a few exceptionally talented third-party developers might make one or two that compete, and everything else is meh.

4. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin

I'm not all that surprised. Bigger graphics = higher development costs. The Wii's low on development costs already so maybe some developers will put more into some games.

Just made myself laugh by typing that.

Seriously though--look at RE4. If Wii is twice as powerful, theres no reason it couldn't easily output some gorgeous games. It'll just take the right developers to do it.

-BB

5. Yash

Yash dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura

The reason why the Wii has mediocre graphics is the same reason why the 360 had mediocre graphics at launch. Lazy developers.

Of course not every game is going to look their best at launch. EGM, who's known for almost-hating Sonic games, said Sonic and the Secret Rings has graphics that rival that of Resident Evil 4, so if a third-party game has already matched the best of GameCube, four months in, it can only get better.

6. Dr. Anime

Dr. Anime New Member

Right now the Wii doesn't really impress in the graphics department. However compare games like Metriod Prime, Soul Caliber, and Resident Evil 4 all of those games were beautiful on the Cube and none of them came out durring the launch.

I just think it's lazy developers or developers that forwhatever reason decided to rush out games for the Wii's launch.

Either way I think that by the end of this year the Wii will begin to impress more of us in the graphics department.

7. darklink

darklink Guest

i have a wii and the graphex are so good.

8. peacebyanymeans

peacebyanymeans HORRIBLE FOR EVERYONE

I have a Wii...

and no, they are not "so good."

Don't kid yourself, the majority of Wii launch games look like the shiz (and in the bad way).

9. Kurokawa41

Kurokawa41 The Indecisive Font Guy

Wii definitely isn't as good as the other systems in terms of graphical capability, but it's certainly "good" at least in that department. The others are right, the developers are being lazy as they often do at launch. Just wait for it...

10. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

You know, I'll believe it when I see it on the screen. But I think defending the Wii on graphics really isn't the best focus or use of energy. Even if it reaches its full potential there's still no way it can compete with the other two consoles. And Nintendo isn't trying to, so there's no need for Nintendo fans to get defensive on this front.

11. mammy2shoesfan

mammy2shoesfan bigJnyc

At this point really there no point in debating this anylonger. We all know that developers got lazy with the Wii's launch games. The Wii will have games with great graphics. It makes no sense to mention PS3 or 360 because they are on another level all together.