1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Wii/DS]BLEACH Talkback - Shattered Blade & The Blade of Fate

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Oct 7, 2007.

1. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

[Wii/DS]BLEACH Talkback - Shattered Blade & The Blade of Fate *Spoilers*

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Since SEGA's prepping up the release of 2 brand new Bleach games in the fighting genre. I figured that it'd be cool to start a discussion going. Like what you guys thought of the upcoming Bleach games (for the Wii & DS respectively).

Which apparently, this current Bleach games take place during the first half of the anime series.

For the Wii. As you guys might've seen in several english/japanese takes on a similar fashion to Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution (releasing the 23rd). Like from attacking to performing your Bankai respective attacks.

For the DS. It seems that fight's more like a menu touch based system. Though, I dunno how that'll be played out.

2. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

I bet a lot of people will buy the games expecting to see all the blood spray from the show and then be dissapointed to find there isn't a drop of blood anywhere in them and in turn probably think they were edited.

I hope the Wi-Fi on the DS game allows US gamers to play Japanese ones.

3. River26

Yeah, that'd be a challenge seeing as the japanese fans may've lots of experience when they got this last year.

4. Rocketboy

Rocketboy It's party time

I love the wii game so much. I'm going to the store every day starting Tuesday to see if they have it.

As for the DS game. It is one of the best fighting games the DS has to offer, but not only have I already played it, but now that I have the 2nd one, the 1st just looks mediocre to my eyes despite certain character's limited attacks.

5. River26

Well, it does pale in comparison to the Wii Rendition of Bleach :). Though, if it were more in the sense of PSP's game; 3rd Phantom (Bleach being an RPG game). Then I would've accepted it more.

6. straw_hat

straw_hat Active Member

7. MattThomasM2B

MattThomasM2B The End Is Here.

Are these games going to be worth it to anybody who cares more about gameplay than fan wankery?

8. River26

There's no doubt that any Bleach fan would want to try these. And with this, they maybe inspired to watch the anime series (be it in Adult Swim or it's japanese original form).

9. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

I don't believe that's what MattThomasM2B was asking at all. I believe he was asking if the actual mechanics of either game made them worth playing for anyone who didn't care about the Bleach-iness of it all. If you've not played the game, I don't think you have the answer to that.

10. email2003

email2003 *Classically Trained*

To be honest, some anime games never are good. I just want to read the review for the Wii game of Bleach. I'm guessing this game is a port from the GameCube right?

11. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

There was never a GameCube version of the game, but granted that doesn't mean it didn't start development as a GameCube game.

12. River26

To date, there's only been a PS2, PSP, DS. And now Wii. Which the PSP rendition of Bleach is this SRPG game (think like Luminous Arc, Hoshigami Remix, FFTA2 etc...).

13. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

There's a Bleach game on GCN. Heck it's called Bleach GC. It's a 3D fighting game but it's pretty lame.

14. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

15. FireStarterLE

FireStarterLE You don't want to see us mad

to trust in the Wiki. or not, but they have a listing .. kinda (half of them anyways)

16. Rocketboy

Rocketboy It's party time

17. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I'd be interested to hear more about Shattered Blade. I'd like a good fighter but there are many of them, and at least three anime-themed ones: Naruto, DBZ, and this.

18. Lord Andy

Lord Andy Dino think's you're smelly

I’ve got the DS game, Blade of Fate, and I have to say it is a lot of fun. It’s made by Treasure, which might mean something to some people (hint: they made it awesome). It’s got a whole bunch of characters (28, though some of them are almost gag characters) with really spectacular looking moves once they charge up. It also has unique strategy with cards that you can summon different effects (boost attack, lower enemy speed, etc) flash step dodging, and four players. The game just plays very well with lots of combos and special movies to juggle. IGN even goes as far to say it’s one of the best handheld fighting games ever.

One warning is that the game has some significant spoilers in it for those who haven’t seen the entire soul society arch. Which is a shame, especially since the show just stopped at episode 52 for a few months. Oh well, it’ll be a great way to learn some more Banki’s.

19. straw_hat

straw_hat Active Member

Blade of Fate is really good and having Kon as a playable character is the best although I wish they had some playable Hollows as well. Challenge Mode is just way to hard though and some of the characters have a ridiculous amount of attacks you need to pull off.

20. Demonic Raven

Demonic Raven Active Member

If someone out there is trying to make a choice between these two games, definitely go for Blade of Fate.

Blade of Fate is harder than Shattered Blade. It's more complex in a Street Fighter/Guilty Gear sort of way. Shattered Blade, while fun, is more like a mindless Budokai type of game.

Blade of Fate has online play, but Shattered Blade is probably more fun multiplayer because two people swinging around their Wii remotes randomly like morons is probably very funny.

Still, they are both pretty good. Blade of Fate is just a deeper overall experience.