1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Why/When/How did you start smoking

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Red Arrow :D, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Hi everyone :)

I am very sure I would never smoke in my life, because it smells horrible IMO. But there are a lot of people who do smoke, so I wondered... Are there any smokers on Toonzone?

And when did you start smoking? And why? Because of your friends? Because your favourite actor / musician / whatever is a smoker too? Or did you want to rebel against your parents? Or out of curiosity?

Some say smoking was awful at first, that it takes some time before you start enjoying it. Do you agree with that?

If you had a child, would you mind if (s)he started smoking too?
    And do you think your life would be better if you stopped smoking?

I won't start any rant about how bad smoking is. I am pretty sure everyone is aware of that xD
    I am just curious.

2. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I don't smoke and pretty much hate it. It is just so nasty, plus I find it to be a very low class behavior (no offense to anybody). Pretty much all the smokers I know started because of peer pressure and/or were raised by smokers. If my kid wants to smoke, they need to be an adult with their own place. I'm not living with a smoker.

3. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I don't smoke and never will because I'm very sure if I did I will become addicted and probably live a horrible life under an oxygen mask and never get the chance of running my favorite hobby out there, but personally I know people who smoke and they did it because it was in their minds to relieve stress and maybe their right or wrong don't care not interested period.

As for me having a kid in my life doing that I will let them continue unless if they can run 2 miles in the summer, everyday and so they could see how can it affect them slowly.

4. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

I never have.

Might you have a more substantial reason for asking, besides simply being just curious?

5. Red Arrow :D

There is someone I hadn't seen in years and now he's a smoker. I found that very strange and wanted to know why anyone would start doing it.

I would personally find it horrible if my child would start smoking. I wouldn't even know what to do. You can forbid cigarettes, but then they would just start rebelling even more. And once they are out of the house, they can just do whatever they want, so forbidding it won't work.

The package of cigarettes already has pictures of mutated sperm and black lungs and "Smoking is killing you" in 4 languages, so just telling them how bad it is won't work either. They already know that. I think I would start searching for older smokers who regret it. They might be able to convince teenagers to stop.

I'm surprised there are no smokers here (or maybe they just don't care / dare posting here).

6. The Great Gazoo

The Great Gazoo Hello Dumb Dumbs

I never have and never will smoke. I think it stinks and I also have asthma so that wouldn't be the smartest thing to be putting into my lungs.

7. NewYorkEagle

NewYorkEagle Member

I don't smoke, and I never plan on smoking at any time.

8. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

I can understand the feeling of trying new things in life, but people have to remember how dangerous those kind of things can be in the long term. I'm pretty sure that every smoker regrets it at a certain point of his/her life, but it's probably very difficult to quit it. I don't think shaming is a real solution as well, that will only make the person feel worse.
    I don't smoke personally, never have and never will, but peer pressure can be a real issue sometimes.

9. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I actually know a woman who enjoys smoking and has no intentions of quitting. I thought this was odd because I thought it was something people get sucked into and get addicted.

10. Red Arrow :D

My uncle also enjoys smoking, and I wouldn't call him addicted. He only smokes outside because he doesn't want his house to smell like cigarettes, and he doesn't smoke at all when it's raining or cold outside, or when there are people that don't want him to, or when he's too busy, ... But he's an exception, not the rule.

I always wanted to ask him why he even likes it, but I never dared to :sweat:
    I absolutely hate coughing and I really don't get why anyone would want to cough.
    I can understand it might give you a pleasant feeling, but don't we have alcohol for that? xD

#10 Red Arrow :D, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  11. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

They'll enjoy it until it causes major health problems.

12. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

Oops, I swore I wrote "almost every smoker".
    You're right, not every smoker really wants to quit smoking (even if most of them do enjoy it, you still can enjoy smoking while wanting to quit it, which is probably what happens to most), but the ratio of people who do is pretty high I suppose.

13. BagelBaygel

BagelBaygel New Member

Does it have to be cigarettes? Cause if that's the case then I don't smoke.

14. Red Arrow :D

Do you smoke salmon? :D

15. BagelBaygel

BagelBaygel New Member

Only the finest of salmon for me! None of that store bought crap.