1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

why is Nick@Nite airing Nashville??

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by kanc, Jan 23, 2017.

1. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

they still have TeenNick Top 10, so it can't replace TeenNick, unless TeenNick Top 10 is finished, which is not

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Also, Adult Swim and Teennick are owned by different companies, so Teennick Top 10 or not, that's never going to happen.

3. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

I don't think it would replace another channel if it became a 24/7 channel and also, both AS and TeenNick are not owned by the same company. The former is part of Turner under Time Warner and the latter is part of Viacom.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

4. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

I've heard the AS as its own channel talk for what seems like years at this point.

5. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

What's next - Nick@Nite airing "Stranger Things?"

6. AdrenalineRush1996

Hence I said it as a hypothetical idea.

I doubt it or is it sarcasm?

#26 AdrenalineRush1996, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  7. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

sarcasm i believe. he's been always like this

8. AdrenalineRush1996

Understandable.

9. JPReckless2444

Exactly, they're airing Nashville on N@N solely to promote it and get more eyes on CMT. It's what Viacom does.

They air one show or special made for one network and air it on multiple networks they owned. The KCA's airs on almost all of Nick's channels. The MTV VMA's airs on all their music networks, including CMT.

I understand why they do it, but it's a cheap way to pop ratings.

10. AdrenalineRush1996

Why can't Viacom just stop doing this "airing one show made for one network and simulcast it in several of their networks"? Because that's not a good idea to increase ratings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

It may not be a good idea to you and me, but the network suits do need to maximize interest any way they can. It's been the Viacom way for more than 25 years.

12. AdrenalineRush1996

Maybe Viacom needs to stop doing that because that's not working anymore and has become more of a ratings stunt.

13. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Nashville ratings are falling under 0.6 viewers Nick@Nite, and most people are upset at the network for airing Nashville. That's why lot are tuned off, and changing the channel. Viacom or Nick@Nite isn't going to respond or listen to our viewers complaints to take the show off the air

14. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

Is it possible Nick hasn't launched a block similar to Adult Swim, because of that failed animation block Spike TV had years ago?

15. hobbyfan

I'd say yes, and to add to that point, I think the block aired on Spike more because they didn't want to associate Nick with adult cartoons, although they had tried a couple of prime-time toons aimed at adults that didn't go far. Just the fact that Stripperella was just something they could never associate with Nick, period.

16. hobbyfan

Viacom suits just don't care about us any more than any other network suit does. They only understand numbers and dollar signs, and to them it's a business model that's worked for so long, they can't see themselves breaking the practice.

17. AdrenalineRush1996

I know but I think people are getting bored of that hence they should end that practice for good in the future since it's more of a ratings stunt than cross-promotion. They can't do that forever.

That's one of the problems with Viacom now. I don't care if it existed for nearly thirty years but that business model should be phased out in order to recoup their losses.

You know what, I think I need to move on from this subject and hereby withdraw from this thread.

#37 AdrenalineRush1996, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  18. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

19. bat

bat New Member

I haven't had a reason to watch Nick in years until they started showing Nasville. My local cable company dropped CMT except on their high tier packages and I would have changed to Dish if not for the contract. I can binge watch Friends on Netflix whenever I want but I can't see new Nashville episodes anyplace (except Nick thankfully now). Bottom line is that it has worked to get me back on Nick and as people start realizing they can catch new Nashville episodes their numbers will grow. Nashville has a very loyal audience. Friends may have a broader audience but there are more avenues for them to watch those 10-20 year old episodes. I am guessing Nick's cost exceeds their benefit to maintain the dwindling audience in that time slot.

20. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Nashville ratings are slipping more further: 0.4 ratings last night on Nick at Nite! Honestly does Nashville really needed to air Nick@Nite? Why can't Viacom shut down Nick@Nite? Because this is not working out